My hotel experience was full of blunders.... A dirty room, an unaccommodating staff, broken down internet access for the first half of stay, surcharge to use 21st century web access and an afternoon full of banging and building above my room as the hotel remodeled the third floor, laying floors until about 7pm.
Maybe it was just me........but not what I would consider a great stay....
ON THE UPSWING!!!!
The room itself was nice and big and had all the amenities that most ES have. ( kitchen, seperate living area etc.)
Corporate was very accommodating and on top of the situation (called after the lack of assistance from FDR), ensuring that things will be corrected and eventually were......... The young lady who checked us in became more cordial after the corporate office called. The housekeeper was friendly as they came to remove the old dirty q-tips, trash and dried ramen noodles from under the pull-out couch and eventually, the internet services began to work again, albeit slow and archaic to normal present day speeds. The check out was delightful and another FDR ( beautiful african american girl) was sure to listen and take my name and number for her manager. (BTW: the manager and Corporate gave follow-up calls with a future comp stay at any Extended Stay)
Overall, I will try the Exended stay again, on their dime and see if it was just the day,,,, or just their way..... I'll keep you updated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended Stay America - Orlando-Universal Studios features 123 guest rooms with fully equipped kitchens, recliner, free wifi, and a guest laundry. The hotel is within a mile of Universal Studios, and conveniently close to the Orlando Convention Center, Sea World, and Disney parks. An I-Ride trolley stop is located at the entrance to the hotel. Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay America Orlando-Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
- Extended Stay Orlando
- Orlando Extended Stay
- Extended Stayamerica Orlando