“Great value for the price”

Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.
Ranked #221 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Surrey
“Great value for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were staying here for three nights whilst visiting Universal Studios. As others have indicated, the staff are all very friendly, profesional and helpful. Rooms were well equipped with a kitchenette, large fridge, coffee machine including coffee, creamer etc, tv and free wireless. We found the rooms a little dark and dated but for the price, it was very good value. The bathroom was fine and the level of cleanliness was very good. There are vending machines on site and access to another hotel's gym but only 9-5. Location is great as you can walk to Universal in ten to fiftenn minutes and avoid the $15 parking fee. It is also close to some restaurants and a Starbucks so again you can manage without a car to some extent. Maid service is only once a week, after seven days, unless you wnat to pay extra. Noise level was fine except when a group of younger guests came in late, went to their rooms noisily, waking us up,and then slammed the bedroom doors so hard that our room shook!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend when we only had a couple of days to spend in Universal. It was honestly a wonderful experience and we couldn't have picked a better hotel.. It is awesomely priced for the quality you get, it's clean, quiet, nicely sized rooms, and within walking distance to Universal! If you want to take a cab though, it's only about a $4 ride... I have nothing bad to say about our stay...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the extended stay america by universal studios and I was extremely satisfied with every aspect of my trip. Check-in was fast and simple, everybody was very nice, the hotel was clean, and quiet, which was really important to me. I feel like sometimes staying in hotels I have trouble sleeping due to noises outside the room but this place was quiet and I slept great. I got a fantastic price for the room I stayed in also. I will definitely be staying in this hotel in all my future trips to orlando.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank ktag2012
Brian R, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this review, April 3, 2013
ktag2012:

I'm so pleased to hear that you were extremely satisfied and by making a check-in a simple one and providing a clean and quiet environment while staying with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Axel Adarve
Universal Orlando Resort Area
McFarland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Manager Ramon and entire staff were awesome. Stayed two weeks while moving to Orlando. Room was spacious and clean, with appliances and free wifi. Location was perfect for shopping and tourist destinations. Will highly recommend to family/friends. Excellant value for the money compared to other hotels in the Orlando area. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DCBMCR
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed 2 nights mid Jan, spacious clean and quiet. Very good value for money. We walked to the park - very pleasant easy walk. Free Wifi worked very well. Staff courteous and Manager Ramon Lima very kind in sending on my daughters new Van shoes, which she left on the window sill to dry. On our early morning departure we forgot to look behind the blind for the shoes. Rang Ramon and he kindly sent them on to our next destination in Colorado. Thanks Ramon, would stay here again when visiting Universal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank louise r
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

When I arrived in the late evening the staff member had my room reservation already waiting on me. I was treated with great respect. My two nights were delightful and the staff were delightful as well as the other guests were very pleasant and complimentary of the facilities. I would highly recommend your establishment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CraigMcCall1961
CraigMcCall1961:

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a delightful review. I'm thrilled that we exceeded your expatiations. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back at this or any location in the future!

Axel Adarve
Universal Orlando Resort Area
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Wasn't expecting too much for the money but was pleasantly surprised. Front desk staff friendly and helpful and room was good size and clean. Large fridge and cooking facilities clean and useful. Re booked for our return after a few days in the Keys as it met our requirements perfectly.

Room Tip: Upper floors better than ground.