“Affordable and Enjoyable”

Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.
Ranked #239 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Extended Stay America was a great bargain for its price.
Firstly, the hotel staff is extremely friendly, the front desk attendant was Danielle for the majority of the time I was there and she was extremely friendly and helpful.

The room (King room) is very roomy. It came with a 40" LCD TV, fridge, microwave, and stove top. The dishes, pots, and silverware were very limited, but we used paper plated for the most part. The room was very clean as was the bathroom.

The wifi was free, but was incredibly slow. You can upgrade to high speed, but we stuck with the free version of it.
You are in walking distance from a couple fast food restaurants, a Walgreens, Golden Coral, and a Kobe's. Though Universal is right across the street, it is NOT a short walk, expect about a 20-25 min journey, which could be torture in the middle of the summer.

Overall I enjoyed my experience with a price that cannot be beaten, Do note though, that there is NO swimming pool at this location. You have to walk to their neighbouring hotel to utilize the pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David A
Ed S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you consider our hotel "a great bargain for it's price" and that our staff was extremely friendly. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I really can't find anything negative to say. They are"TOP NOTCH" from front desk to housekeeping. The worst thing I could find was with the T.V.. Their channel selection is VERY limited. But if you're staying right outside Universal Studios front door, who wants to sit and watch T.V.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank BigRicG

I appreciate you taking the time to write such concise and excellent review. I'm thrilled that you consider us "TOP NOTCH" from the front desk to housekeeping. We couldn't be more proud when such comments are coming from our guest. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Highly recommended the location was great very close to universal studios. Also there were many restaurants around the area which made it pleasant. The hotel is close to the highway just a few minutes to downtown Disney
The staff was very nice and the room was clean perfect stay :-)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Okingleo107

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that everything turned out great during your visit like you put it on your own words "the staff was very nice and the room was clean perfect stay :-)". Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

ramon and his staff provided fantastic service to my brother and myself. ramon and his staff were also extremely professional and always trying to provide the best service possible which we both appreciate very much. i will recomend my friends and family that this hotel would be the one to stay when ever in the orlando area.Ramon thanks again to you and your staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul Z
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I checked in June 27, 2012, I have stayed for 5 weeks and I am here to say that I am glad I didn't listen to any negatives reviews. First of all, Ramon is awesome, the staff is awesome and I have been so comfortable here. The hotel is clean, safe and full of the most caring individuals I have met here in Orlando. When I have family come to visit, they will stay here. I almost hate to leave. God bless ESA Universal Studios, Orlando!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CeeCee2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you didn't listen to negative reviews. The title of your review says it all " I love ESA" and by the way, we also hate to see you leaving so please come back soon and bring the family. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while I attended a seminar a few miles away. My kids were not happy to learn that the hotel had no pool. Had to go to next door hotel to go to a pool. Also it did not offer complimentary breakfast and had no ice maker. Nice rooms with full kitchen (if you plan to cook). Staff was friendly. Location was convenient.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank albert123_12
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Be aware this is probably the only hotel in Orlando that does not have a pool. We arrived at check-in time...(2 couples 2 rooms) sent us and all our luggage up...rooms weren't ready...housekeeping was great and finished cleaning a couple other rooms for us. Back down to change keys, back up...key doesn't work, back up...yay we are in! Uh-Oh we oversleep the next morning cause the alarm doesn't work, our friends coffee maker doesn't work. Back down you have to request shampoo, Room cleaned only every 7 days....Ah well you get what you pay for! It was a cheap stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 34657Katie

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that not only your rooms weren't ready when you checked in but that you also encountered issues with your keys, alarm and coffee maker. To prevent this from happening again, my team is taking the time to ensure these items re fully operational when inspecting the rooms. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at aadarve@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.