“Stay Here for CLEAN Rooms and Great Staff”

Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.
Ranked #233 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Stay Here for CLEAN Rooms and Great Staff”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member and travel frequently for my profession. My company foots the bill for hotel stays. This time, it was on my dime. My brother-in-law was taking his family to Orlando and asked my wife and I if we wanted to go as well at the last minute. Our kids could stay with his kids in their time-share resort and we would have to get our own hotel room. I booked a room through a discount hotel website and hoped for the best. Once we arrived, I discovered the room I had booked was a queen/smoking room. Being a non-smoker, I requested a non-smoking room and asked if a king size was available. The front desk staff was very accomodating and although there was an upcharge to the king, they waved the fees. This was during the busy July 4th holiday week. The lobby and check in desk were very clean, well kept and the decor was as nice as some of the nicer hotels I have stayed in. The staff were professional, friendly and had great attitudes. The room left no surprises as it had a kitchen, a nice cozy chair and was clean as well. No musty smells, not bugs, just nice. Everyone that worked their must have been told the 10 foot rule. Say hello to every guest within 10 feet as everyone asked how I was doing, how my stay was or just hello, have a nice day. I HIGHLY recommend and would rate this a three plus star hotel. If it had a restaurant and bar, I would give it a five. Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Two extended stays next door to each other. Stay in this one, the Extended Stay America.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank david p
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear david p,

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Orlando - Universal Studios.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours, specially coming from a Hilton Honors Gold Member. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Orlando - Universal Studios takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.
If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 407.351.1788.

Area Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I would stay again definately. I was able to get checked in early with Ramons help. The staff was very nice. It was nice to be greeted by a smile. The lobby was clean and tidy. Ramon knew the area very well, gave me great directiions to where we needed to go. The room was very clean and comfortable. The cost was excellent. I liked that it is in the middle of everything. The staff was helpful. Easy checking out. Thank you to the staff. I would stay again.

4 Thank Stephanie P
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The service is excellent. The people that work here go beyond their duties to be most helpful at all times. I ask for directions to places they go out of their way to write the directions down for us. When we got lost one night we called them and they got us back to the hotel safely. I would rate this hotel a "10" and I will recommend this hotel to my family and friends.We travel from New Jersey and we had delays getting to the hotel and they were so nice when we called they said no problem there would be a room when you got here. I just wanted to mention some of the outstanding staff here by name: Axel Adarve, Alex Torres, Arlene Heredia, Ramon Lima, Danielle Reschke and Jose Gonzalez.

4 Thank Kathy P
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've stayed twice and wouldn't hesitate to go back or to recommend it to friends. It is clean, quiet, conveniently located, attractive and the second floor rooms I stayed in had a very pleasant view. There was no odor in either of the non-smoking rooms I had. The staff is excellent - a perfect balance of friendly and efficiently professional. They made me feel very welcome and I look forward to staying again when I next visit Orlando.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Susan G
Dear Susan G,

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours, a repeat customer. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Orlando - Universal Studios takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Largo, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very nice place to lay your head. We needed a place close to Universal Studios and affordable. We found it. Though there was no pool, we were welcome to use the pool next door at the "sister" location. Not much of an inconveience at all. The hotel staff were some of the most pleasant I have encountered in a while. Room was clean and comfortable. I would stay here again in a heart beat. Thank you.

3 Thank Pro2kal
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stay here at least 2 nights per week. Ramon and all the staff are great! I have never had any issues with any of my stays and the new beds are great!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jhamero
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I probably would not stay here again. There is no pool, no housekeeping service unless you stay 1 week or more, the rooms are ok but has an order whether you choose smoking or non. I had a non smoking room but I feel that if I choose a non smoking room, I should also be on a non smoking floor. It was definitely not a hotel I will stay again. BUT, the staff was awesome!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Runway2009,

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Although I was happy to learn that we met (hopefully exceeded) your expectations when it came to customer service provided by our hotel staff, I was sorry to learn you chose not to stay with us again because the hotel didn't have a pool or provided housekeeping service on a daily basis. I know these sound like regular hotel amenities but please understand that our Extended Stay Hotels are not full service hotels and some locations don't provide these services. On a positive note, the savings realize by not providing such services are passed along to our guests by offering more affordable room rates !

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 407-351-1788.