Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.
Ranked #242 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very nice place to lay your head. We needed a place close to Universal Studios and affordable. We found it. Though there was no pool, we were welcome to use the pool next door at the "sister" location. Not much of an inconveience at all. The hotel staff were some of the most pleasant I have encountered in a while. Room was clean and comfortable. I would stay here again in a heart beat. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pro2kal
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stay here at least 2 nights per week. Ramon and all the staff are great! I have never had any issues with any of my stays and the new beds are great!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jhamero
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I probably would not stay here again. There is no pool, no housekeeping service unless you stay 1 week or more, the rooms are ok but has an order whether you choose smoking or non. I had a non smoking room but I feel that if I choose a non smoking room, I should also be on a non smoking floor. It was definitely not a hotel I will stay again. BUT, the staff was awesome!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear Runway2009,

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Although I was happy to learn that we met (hopefully exceeded) your expectations when it came to customer service provided by our hotel staff, I was sorry to learn you chose not to stay with us again because the hotel didn't have a pool or provided housekeeping service on a daily basis. I know these sound like regular hotel amenities but please understand that our Extended Stay Hotels are not full service hotels and some locations don't provide these services. On a positive note, the savings realize by not providing such services are passed along to our guests by offering more affordable room rates !

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 407-351-1788.

Axel Adarve
Area Operations Manager

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here a few months ago. I had booked (AND PREPAID) for my room in advance. After driving 12+ hours I arrived only to be told when I 'checked in' that my room was NOT available. I was told that the ONLY option was a smoking room (I am allergic to smoke). I showed the 'manager' Ramon my receipt. He didn't care. He said my ONLY option was to take the smoking room or I could go elsewhere and find another hotel room (& FORFEIT MY MONEY PREPAID ON THE ROOM)! Are you kidding me???? His 'explanation' was that other guests who were supposed to check out did not and they just left their stuff in the room so there was nothing that 'he' could do about it. I explained I had driven over 12 hours to get there, was unfamilar with the area, and I had a PAID RECEIPT of my booking. As this is transpiring, there were 2 other guests who came down to the lobby and asked to 'extend' their stay. He of course said 'NO PROBLEM' to them! Again, are you kidding me?? He than threatened to THROW ME OUT because I was a 'nuisance'. I than called their 800 number and the person I spoke to agreed that I should have had a room (you think?) and they were trying to find me something. When Ramon heard this, he quickly got on the phone to see if he could 'help' (15 minutes later). He stated he would be able to get me in another property but than kicked me in the gut by stating 'well, you would have to pay the difference' in the room he was able to find. Silence from me....... I stated I was getting a room, it would be free, and I was not spending an additional DIME. I was transferred to another property, room was 70s gone bad, but it was another property (and not with Ramon to deal with anymore). HORRIBLE experience.

Within a few days, my money was refunded, BUT this was handled HORRIBLY. Ramon should be FIRED (if not already)!!

Even more upsetting was trying to call corporate the past few months to complain, YET I have received NO calls back from ANYONE. I will NEVER stay in an Extended Stay America property in my LIFE and have been telling everyone I know to avoid it like the plague.

YOU DO NOT TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank LovingTheOpenRoad

Dear LovingTheOpenRoad,

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission. Although we make every possible attempt to honor guest requests, we regret that on extremely rare occasions this isn’t possible.

I also want to apologize that you didn’t receive a return phone call from our Corporate office. Typically, our guest relations office is extremely responsive to all calls from guests. I know it's been a while since your stay but if you would like to discuss the situation, please feel free to contact me directly at 407.351.1788.

Once again, accept my apologies for your experience and I hope you will give Extended Stay Hotels another opportunity to have you as our guest and provide you with a pleasant stay.

Axel Adarve
Area Operations Manager

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The staff here truly took my breath away. The rooms are a bit outdated but the manager says that will be changing in the coming months. One can literally walk to the theme park and there are many food places around. The best feature of the hotel is the staff. My husband and I had an issue with our toilet and the maintenance guy was knocking at our door no sooner than I had hung up with the front desk. The staff here really know how to make a guest feel like a guest. The hospitality was wonderful. My husband and I have decided to make this our hotel of choice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanyaleMiller
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Great sized room, kitchen and bathroom contained all necesseties. Would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed there for almost 3 weeks on a Project Assignment in Orlando FL and I am much satisfied with Facility, Management, Staff and Guest accommodations.Just like to add here, I checked-in at 12:30 midnight, but the night staff made it easy.The rooms are a nice balance of Living, Sleeping and Kitchen functions. Convenince items like a stove, utensils, coffee-machines, toaster, microwave, refrogerator are neat & clean and stands with requirement.The hotel is located in close proximity to numerous restaurants, grocery stores, durg stores and ice cream stands. The guest laundry has good number of washers/dryers that efficiently and cost effectively complete the task in right time, night or day.
In short, it provides for excellent value that too at economy rates.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo