“Great hotel”

Ranked #62 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel was excellent. The Hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful. The staff went above and beyond to meet our special needs of checking in early. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. It is convenient to Universal Studios.

1 Thank Karen V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Greenbelt, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Staff at the front desk was very nice and welcoming. The location is quite convenient when you go to Universal or Disney. The breakfast was amazing!!!!! Definitely will stay with Hampton Inn next time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ellen Z
Kettering, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

my only complaint is that the free shuttle to Universal that is advertised, only runs once a day, early in the morning, which was prior to our check in. This was not disclosed on the website. Also, the clerk was not able to provide accurate directions or a map to Universal. Thank goodness for phone GPS.

Cape Coral,FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We checked in to this hotel for the Madri Gras/Matchbox Twenty concert last Saturday. Upon arrival we were greeted by 2 of the friendliest hotel staff I've ever met. We were put in a room on the 5th floor (top floor) with a king size bed. The room was pretty big. Lots of walking around room. It was also very clean.
The only problem were some noisy kids next door. What kind of parent lets there kids watch cartoons at 6am with the volume at full blast? And then they started screaming! Not the hotels fault though.
Breakfast was the standard waffles, fruit, oatmeal, eggs, potatoes, juice - all were average.
I will stay here again when I want to go back to Universal. Great staff. Great location.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is my first experience of 3 stars hotel. After staying there I asked myself a question - why I spend my money for 4 and 5 starts... ???
Great and very helpful staff! If you have a question - ask them first. Nothing fancy about this property but what do you need in Orlando when you come with kids - leave early morning come back very late. Very clean rooms. Everything in working order. Breakfast is great. I noticed that some people do not know how to use waffle machine - ask kitchen staff.
The only cavity to all of that is the noise of air conditioner and DO NOT order a pizza from the flyers you'll find in the room. As I remember it is some "Italian" pizza. We went there for pick up and were slightly shocked. The hygiene over there is desired to be better...
Most definitely, I would come back to this place whenever I come back to Orlando.

Far Rockaway, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The second I walked in I was greeted with kindness. I would definitely visit this hotel again if im going to universal studios. I got there early and the staff was able to check me in which was awesome. I wouldn't take the free shuttle bus. It's not worth it(packed with people) I would just spend 8-10 bucks and you'll be sitting down for a cab. The breakfast was delicious. Im going back in July 2013!! Loved it!!.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor. It was very quiet. So im guessing pick the 5th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Typical Hampton experience. Room and regular expect ions met and exceeded. Agreed that staff is very good. Shuttle service not really worth mentioning as a plus as there is only one pickup and one drop daily. We could live with that given Universal parks short hours when we visited in March. Late returns by reservation but not a lot of information available when we asked. This is an outside service and not the hotels own van. They were an hour late on pickup from park. Also when we were waiting a pickup from hotel we had the hotel call to find out why they were 20 mins and still not there. Service said bus was full from other hotels so they went right to the park. Ummm so what is the backup plan? They eventually sent a small van to get us. A bit of a distance from Disney

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family