“Excellent customer service”

Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr
Ranked #97 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were always welcoming and friendly. We checked in easily and had a room closest to the elevators on floor 7. I thought we might have head noise being near the elevator but it was quiet.

The room was large and spacious. The bathroom was a little dated and the shower was not strong enough for my liking.

The pool area was larger than I thought from the photos. It was quiet by the pool when we visited. The pool area seemed to be invaded by flies which was very irritating when trying to relax and they kept landing on you!! One afternoon we were there we were offered free bottles of water to cool day which was a nice touch.

Breakfast was good quality as it was included and I am glad that we chose the hotel based on the free breakfast, free wifi, proximity to International Drive and Universal Studios and free parking.

We stayed here for 4 nights and we would stay again if we wanted to stay near Universal Studios rather than Disney.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate it and hope that you will visit us again soon the next time your travels bring you to the Orlando Area! I am happy to see you enjoyed our pool area. Our staff knows it can get hot our there and we always try to help our guests cool off! I think you may have mistaken "flys" for lovebugs! This little creatures love, no pun inteneded, to fly around and annoy our sunbathers in April/May and again sometimes in summer. Sadly, this happens everywhere in Florida but it usually only lasts for a short time and they are off to love on someone else!! If there is anything else I can help you with, please email me or contact me at the number below.
407-345-1112

Write a ReviewReviews (2,042)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We were just spending a couple of days and looked for a place close to Universal Studios. We arrived early and they already had our room ready...Great. Our first night stay was good and the breakfast was typical. The second night, a tour group arrived and was extremely noisy. It took 2 calls to the front desk to remedy the situation. Why did it take 2 calls? My advice: stay on the highest floor you can. Hopefully, hotel management will make some changes to stop these situations before they get so bad. As a result, I demanded and received a refund for the bad night.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue you encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Iam glad to see that we were able to please you with our 100% Hampton Guarantee. Thank you

Kind Regards,
kelly.hutchinson@hilton.com

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for two weeks. The staff are all friendly and helpful. My daughter had a slip and a small injury on our departure day, the deputy manager called to see if she was ok and the two ladies on reception both asked after her too.
We were celebrating my husband's birthday while away, I'd told the hotel so they left a birthday cake in the room. Lovely touch.
We ate breakfast every morning, the dining rooms were always busy but we found somewhere to sit each day. It was well stocked and kept clean by the cheerful staff. We're missing the fresh waffles! Coffee was always available in reception, very much appreciated after a busy day.
The Universal shuttle was always on time and ran several times a day, it took about 30 minutes which was the same length of time as walking- but saved our legs. The drivers were all great on there too, one turned the bus in to a 'party bus' to entertain us.
The manager went round to chat to guests, she was friendly and approachable.
The only issue we had was poor Wi-Fi connection on floor 6 but being so busy it wasn't a big problem.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate it and hope that you will visit us again soon the next time your travels bring you to the Orlando Area! I am so happy we were able to help you celebrate your birthday! we love to help our guests! If there is anything else I can help you with, please email me or contact me at the number below.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a good place with very pleasant staff. The breakfast was fine with pleanty of choice except for the use of polystrene plates and cups. it is near Universal and it fits the bill of some where clean to stay and decent sized rooms with fridge & microwave. Would recommend for a good price stay

1  Thank LouiseTraceyW

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate it and hope that you will visit us again soon the next time your travels bring you to the Orlando Area! If there is anything else I can help you with, please email me or contact me at the number below.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were spending just a weekend so we wanted a place close to Universal Resort that included breakfast. Hampton Inn satisfied our expectations. Room big and clean with free in room wifi, a decent breakfast selection and a 5-minute drive to Universal. Had a great time and would return. I've been to several Hampton Inns and consistently satisfy my expectations. If you look for value, this is a choice

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed April 24, 2014

That was my second time, experienced in Hampton hotel it was'nt bad at all my family enjoyed their stayed. without stress,and we looking forward to have our next vacation,so that we can have our booking as soon as possible,and we would not hesitate to indtroduce friends and families to Hampton hotel in the nearest future.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Where do we start, stayed here for 14 nights in March 2014, stayed as a couple and it was my girlfriends 30th whilst there.

Room - Clean, well maintained (one slight issue with hair dryer, reported and replaced with new the same day) beds extremely comfortable, everything you need, only criticism bathroom on the small side but you’re not spending your holiday in there.

Staff - Pleasant and helpful, always keeping busy especially the guy who we noticed daily helping at breakfast and cleaning throughout the day, he always took the time to talk to us and ask if we were having a nice day. The front desk was always polite and helpful, no matter what time of day or night.

Breakfast - Everything and more you would require, replenished often and no problems running out of anything, allot of choice and extremely clean.

Pool - No issues

Cleanliness - No Issues

Wi-Fi - Temperamental, if staying on business could be a problem, did report to front desk a couple of times.

Facilities - Free coffee in lobby area 24 hours a day was greatly appreciated as well as in your room. Warm cookies on an evening behind reception were a great touch.

Location - Just off International Drive, near the Sheraton Four Points, we couldn't complain as we were just away from the hustle and bustle of I Drive but didn't miss out on anything.
Overall good location and a short walk to the Lynx and I trolley stops.

Personal thank you for the birthday cake really appreciated and a nice ending to her day, thank you to Kelly for arranging this at short notice, it’s the small touches that people remember.

We would recommend and will be staying again :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Analyn R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Hi!
Thank you for the great review! were very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.We hope to see you soon the next time you visit Orlando!

Sincerely