“Clean and Quiet Hotel”

Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr
Ranked #94 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We are members of Hilton and love to stay at this hotel. It is clean and quiet and far away from the main road, International Drive. It is close to all attractions without being in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the tourists. Being a member of Hilton Honors gave us enough points that we stayed here 4 nights for free!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thanks for your review and I am happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities including how close we are to Universal Studios. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton Inn by being HHonors members. We hope to see you back again soon!!
Kelly Hutchinson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,071)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Bed was fine, bath was not. Ask them to really clean your room (cob webs on our ceiling). Very small bathroom. The shower head needs replacement and the moldy jacuzzi tub needs to find a home elsewhere. Front desk staff are very nice. I suppose they get away with this because of the location.

1  Thank Robert C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of our property. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. In the meantime, I wanted to respond to some of your comments.

We work very hard on keeping ALL of our guest rooms in great condition and this definitely is not what we are used to hearing from guests about their stays and I want to take care of any issues so they don’t happen to other guests. I believe I have your room number going by your survey and Engineering has already addressed the shower head you mentioned and the jacuzzi tubs are set to be replaced in just a few weeks.

I can assure you we don't feel that we are "getting by with something because of our location" We take every issue serioulsy and resolve it. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Bathroom was old and outdated,very dingy.Pillows were very old and uncomfortable.The room was a little musty and where we caught the elevators smelled like smoke.It was not a great experience for me or my family.I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

If there is anything else I can help you with, please email me or contact me at the number below.

407-345-1112
kelly.hutchinson@hilton.com

Reviewed March 6, 2014

the hotel was clean and staff friendly. The breakfast was above average. However, lock up your possessions because we had our trek bikes stolen off our SUV rack during our stay there. The staff forgot to tell us that there were no security cameras in the back of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for your review! We are happy to see you found our hotel clean and staff friendly and that the breakfast was above average. I am very sorry about the loss of your bikes. As we talked about on the phone, we do have cameras over the majority of our hotel, there are a few areas that are missed. However, we do have overnight security that walks our hotel to help keep our guests and property safe.

We do encourage guests to not leave valuables laying out or left unsecured. We feel our hotel is in a safe location, however you never know what can happen and this could have happened anywhere you stayed. Again my aplogies and hope this will not keep you from returning to our hotel.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The location of this hotel is convenient for anybody who wants to go to Disney. Cost of staying there is very reasonable. As any Hampton Inn, the room was clean and comfortable. We are always staying at an Hampton Inn when travelling with kids.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for your review and I am happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities including how close we are to Disney. We hope to see you back again soon!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed here to go to Universal. Hampton Inn usually has a great reputation this one not so much. The day I pulled up there was an Orlando cop working a call at the motel. The girls working the desk did not handle this situation very good and for some reason thought it was funny. Makes you feel really uneasy and to be honest if I hadn't paid in advance might have not stayed. The beds are great room was pretty clean. The breakfast was good but I've been to other Hampton's and had more choices. The bathroom is way to small. Internet was just ok. With all the choices in Orlando I would not pick this location again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations and hope that you will visit us again soon the next time your travels bring you to the Orlando Area!

407-345-1112
kelly.hutchinson@hilton.com

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I always try to stay at Hampton Inn and they are usually a great value. Not this one. Hotel is not well maintained. There was a broken mirror in my room. Gym had older worn equipment and a foul, moldy smell. No wireless service in my room. I called to complain about it twice and both times was told someone would call back to help or fix it. Nothing. On the plus side...Hampton has the best beds of any hotel chain. Too bad this Hampton has been so neglected.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve H
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

My apologies that you felt our property was neglected!! This certainly is not the impression we want to give! I was hoping you can contact me with your room number so I can make sure that mirror is fixed. All of our guest rooms are cleaned and inspected daily and my apologies that this was missed.
I am concerned that you might have our hotel confused with another Hampton in the area as there are 5 within 5 miles of each other. The reason why is because our fitness center is brand new and with all new equipment. You stated that ours was outdated and worn. I inspect this area every morning and have not noticed the equipment being worn. I was hoping you could please email me with details of your stay so we can correct those issues. Kelly.hutchinson@hilton.com