“Wonderful Staff - Great Place”

Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr
Ranked #101 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Love, Love, Love this hotel. Every time I stay in Orlando I always choose this hotel. Not only is the location great but the staff is by far the friendliest and most accommodating that I have ever dealt with, and I travel quite frequent. It's unfortunate to see any bad reviews regarding this hotel, but then again it's hard to please everyone, that is why I could never work in the hospitality industry. I honestly couldn't write anything bad about this hotel even for a free weeks stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! We love to have return guests and appreciate your loyalty to our property! We see many repeat guests and it would be a pleasure to meet you on your next stay with us. It does take a special person to work in Hospitality and I am one that loves my job and look forward to coming to work every day. We love to make people happy and that is what we call HAMPTONALITY!!

Looking forward to your next visit when you are in Orlando!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had a few issues with the stay at this Hampton inn, attempted to address them with the front desk and the lady could care less, merely refunded a one night stay (out of 7 nights). Front desk staff lied and stated that the GM was on vacation, or had the day off, or was out at meetings and training. This was odd because her name and face was all over the hotel stating that she wanted to be addressed if there were any issues. When we finally reached her she had a very aggressive approach, defending everything that we brought up with sad excuses. She became every offensive and stated that there was nothing she was going to do and we should have just up and left if we did not like it (like that was going to happen 1000 miles from home). We contacted Hilton world wide to explain how we were treated by this GM and they only supported us and automatically refunded the entire stay with no questions and with out us even asking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

In response to your survey I would like to address a few things. I personally and my staff take great pride in the service and care we treat all of our guests and your case is no different. Every situation we come across is researched and corrected immediately. It seems that you went into your stay with us with the idea that it should be deeply discounted or if not free. I received a call from you prior to your arrival and you stated that since your family is in the hotel business you would appreciate a discounted room. As a courtesy, I applied a deep discount over a very busy July 4th Holiday week to your reservation and personally made it. I would also like to address some of your inconsistencies. My staff never lied to you. I was in fact on vacation while you stayed with us. There was always a manager on duty to address any guest issues while I was gone. I returned on Monday July 8 and heard your message and immediately returned your call as I always do with our guests. Which is also documented with Hilton. I care very much about every guest experience and do my best to ensure that all of our guests are happy. After listening to your concerns I asked if I could first research them, as any General Manager would do and then follow up with you. After researching, I called you back to discuss and offer compensation as you demanded you wanted. Your response was at first very sincere, thanking me for calling you back and taking the time to research your concerns but then turned nasty and stated you had in fact already contacted Hilton and they had refunded your money for the remaining 6 days of your 7 night stay then hung up on me since this is what you were seeking.

At this point, I don't feel we need to rehash the further details of your stay. I know that as a General Manager of this hotel, my staff did everything they could to ensure you had a pleasant stay and all issues have been addressed. My apologies that you do not agree with my management style of getting the full details before making judgments or assessments. Hampton as a brand is committed to ensuring our guests are 100% satisfied. If you're not 100% satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our promise and your guarantee. That's 100% Hampton.
I would be happy to discuss any additional comments or concerns you have and hope we can restore your confidence in us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Close to International Drive, but out of the crowds making it easier to get places. The best thing about this Hampton is its location. Close to nearby attractions and restaurants. Nice sized pool too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank MadCobraStyle
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay at our Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments, Yes our location is ideal for everything International Drive and Universal have to offer and the upmost in relaxation at the same time. We hope your travels bring you back to Orlando and to see us again soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times now. We have stayed at many hotels in this area but always prefer this one. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. It's very refreshing for a hotel in Orlando to be nice, have free wifi, free parking, free breakfast, 24 hr coffee/tea and no resort fee! Oh and sometimes fresh baked cookies in the lobby. Unreal in Orlando. The hotels staff is always friendly and accommodating. The general manager is very involved and handles any issues promptly! Great stay as always!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jencreel

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. You are most welcome for a great stay and thank you in return for your feedback, high recommendation and positive comments! We look forward to your return and I do sincerely hope it is simply a matter of WHEN not IF, your friends here at the Hampton will be waiting

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here only one night, but I wish we'd stayed longer. The staff is friendly, the rooms are comfy (with brand new plush carpeting which was really nice), the beds are great, and the free breakfast is phenomenal. We got a great rate (about 1/6 of what we paid the next night at another hotel), and we will definitely make this our primary hotel the next time we visit Universal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

What a great review! Thank you so much! It is always great to hear when our guests enjoy their stay and all of our wonderful and free amenities! We can't wait to see you on your next trip to Orlando!

Regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton inn for my families first trip to Florida. We picked it because of the complimentary transportation to Universal which worked out very well. We jumped on in the morning and was there in 15 minutes. We took taxis back at night which was only $7. Rooms were comfortable, my kids loved the pool and we had it mostly to oursleves. Front desk staff very friendly and willing to help. The bathrooms were a tad bit small, had to move around the toilet to shut the door. The food at the breakfast are was not up to Hampton Standard. Oatmeal was full of salt and not edible, neither were the eggs. My family only ate the waffles, me being gluten intolerant could only eat the fruit. Other than that it was a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a great stay. I have shared this review with all of my staff so that they know they are doing a great job!

Hampton requires EVERY hotel to order specific products and our hotel follows them and I am sorry about the quaility you experienced. However, I did want to let you know that your comments, along with many other guests, are heard and acknowledged. Hampton is currently in BETA test for many new options to our breakfast and hopefully we will start seeing these in all the hotels soon!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Hampton Inn chain continues to score highly for me as it has a consistent quality of cleanliness, comfortable beds with blackout curtains and the free breakfast. This hotel was no exception and being near to all the parks and amenities in International Drive makes it a good choice - but you will need transport since there is very little immediately close to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that only good things can be said about us. I have shared this review with all of my staff so that they know they are doing a great job! If your travel plans ever bring you back to Orlando, we would love to have you here again!