“Quality & comfort close to Ammenities”

Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr
Ranked #106 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando FL, United States
“Quality & comfort close to Ammenities”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Hampton Inn chain continues to score highly for me as it has a consistent quality of cleanliness, comfortable beds with blackout curtains and the free breakfast. This hotel was no exception and being near to all the parks and amenities in International Drive makes it a good choice - but you will need transport since there is very little immediately close to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that only good things can be said about us. I have shared this review with all of my staff so that they know they are doing a great job! If your travel plans ever bring you back to Orlando, we would love to have you here again!

Kelly Hutchinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belmar, New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you read any of my previous reviews you know I am a fan of the Hampton inn chain and have always had a wonderful experience. Our last visit completely changed our mind. The rooms are very outdated and almost look cheap the walls are painted very sloppy the bathroom looks like someone took a Creon and smirred it on the tub wall and called it art, literally! cleanliness was also not To Hampton standards we are used to as I was trying to connect the alarm clock which was disconnected I moved the night stand and was really grossed out by the ridiculous amount of dust that looked like it's been there for a year.the first night I got there I had green tea the second night I couldn't find any so I asked the girl over at the desk if they have anymore green tea she went to check in the back room and said they don't have any and they will only get it next week with their next shipment. I must say it had never happened before no half&half, no green tea, brown sugar (which I use with my green tea) only at breakfast. At breakfast I wanted to use a bit half&half in my coffee, as I open the little packet I see mold like green extremely noticeable mold as I keep opening them I see little clots and I got noxious. I called the girl who works in the food area and told her what had happened and asked if they have a sealed container in the fridge so I can use some for my coffee the girl was rude didn't look at me once took the half&half basket and threw it in the garbage with a very aggressive unpleasant body language said we don't have anything else and walked away! shocked I went to talk to the girl at the desk it took her a while to lift here head up from whatever she was doing on the computer again no smile as I say hi with a smile, I told her what had happened and if there is a way to get some half and half? she was very uninterested as if I disturbed her in the middle of something and said if the girl at the food area said we don't have anything else then we don't. The staff looks bitter and far from enjoying what they are doing and that just ruined our experience here if you ask me I would send someone around the corner to get half &half put it in a container with ice and make sure the usual service the hotel offers is provided. I ended up going and getting my own half&half. We are very disappointed kind of ruined our fun in staying here and sadly we reserved 4 nights in advance thinking we know that chain so well nothing can go wrong. I would definitely look for a different hotel and the variety here is huge so no worries. You would think with such fears competition they would make sure they give 110% I'd say it was 40% at best..

Room Tip: Top floor is always my choice the view is always better
1 Thank sharonytweety
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with the creamers and poor service have been addressed.

I am surprised to hear there could possisbly be that much dust in your guest room since in over the past month EVERY guest room in our property has had everything in the room removed, new carpet put in and everything was cleaned as it was put back in the room.

In regards to the comment "someone took a Creon and smirred it on the tub wall and called it art" I am assuming you are referring to the marble appearance on the tub walls. I am sorry if this look of marble design does not suit your taste.

Our hotel has a large range of guests and we do our best to go beyond what Hampton requires for us. Even if that means going out and buying half and half for a guest. Again my apologies that you felt our staff was not polite to you.

As you can read from the other 411 wonderful reviews we have received this is not normal for our hotel. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

Kind Regards,
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nice location, close to Universal Studios and Sea World. Wonderful Hampton experience from the minute we stepped in. The front desk lady was very polite and helpful. The room was very clean and the bed/pillows was heavenly soft. There was a freebie gift bag with some essential items which was a nice surprise. Air conditioner worked very well in the room. The bath room was spotless clean and the internet worked just fine. The continental breakfast had a good selection including fresh fruits and fresh oatmeal. Since we had to leave early for the flight, we picked up a few items from the breakfast table (they opened sharp at 6 AM) to eat on the way to the airport. Wish every hotel stay would be like this one. Stay here, you won't regret.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
WOW! We love reading reviews like yours!! I am glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. Hopefully, you will be back to visit us again soon the next time you are in Orlando!!

Warm Regards,
Miami, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Rooms are very clean, Hampton staff are very helpful, breakfast is good for what it is. The only issue I had was the internet service. I had to break out my own Wifi for better service. Overall, it was a great stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kelly H, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you had a great stay! I would like to apologize for the internet service, but am glad that you mentioned it so that we can make necessary steps to improve it. If you are ever back in Orlando, we would love to have you back!

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The service there I LOVE! Really nice people who worked at counter. I believe Jeremy was there most of the time while i stayed there. Everything around eating wise was convienent. However, my restroom did have slight of an order and it did not look so very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that we could provide you with great service. I am sorry to hear about the condition of your bathroom and this has been brought to the staff so that this doesn't happen again. Again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we would love to have you here again!

Folsom, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I took a weekend trip to Orlando and booked a room with this Hilton online. Form the moment we arrived, the staff was courteous, everything clean, and very comfortable. I cannot say enough good things about this stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Santa Isabel, Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was the best vacation ever. The staff especially the front desk were wonderful. They were very helpful and went out of there way to help. The breakfast was delicious and with more options than I thought. The bus shuttle to the parks offered differents alternatives so we could stay as early or as late I we wanted. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to all my family and freinds.

Room Tip: If your planning to go to the Disney and Universal Parks you can stay at this hotel without having t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We strive to provide excellent accommodations and service and we are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations! If you are ever back in Orlando, we would love to have you, your family, and friends here again!

Warm Regards,