WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tifton, United States
“Last Minute Reservation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

They were great. Orignally had another hotel that was horrible (no wonder it was so cheep). So my group needed to find new lodging quickly. Being a Hilton Honors member did help but the staff helped by finding us a discount and having the availability for the time we were staying.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Amanda W
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
So glad we were able to turn a terrible stay into a great one! We appreciate all of our guests but try to cater to our Hilton Honors members as we appreciate their loyalty. We love having you here and we hope to see you back again soon!!
Kelly Hutchinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a clean, reasonably priced hotel close to universal this is a good choice. Just be prepared for a crowded free breakfast. Many restaurants to choose from close by, but make sure you make a reservation ahead of time. Overall good stay, service was great. Pool was clean but small.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Katiejanegirl
Thanks for your review and I am happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities including how close we are to Universal Studios and our reasonable prices. It looks like you visited us during a very busy time and I’m sorry to hear that our breakfast was crowded. We love having you here and we hope to see you back again soon!!

Beverley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stopped here for our honeymoon and found the place to be pretty good. The hotel was clean and tidy,the rooms were good.The hotel staff were really nice and informative.The breakfast was ok , nothing to shout about, but as most places didn't do breakfast it was a bonus.The hotel is well situated for International Drive and Universal studios etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin F
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi,

Kind regards,
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I used Hilton group a lot and I chose this Hampton Inn because it provides FREE shuttle to Disney & Universal studio (probably only one among Hilton group, at this price range). Turned out the shuttle service is time consuming (60+min each way as there's a long route passing many hotels before going to theme parks), not on time (45min late in freezing cold ~11pm) & lousy attitude driver (no apology at all).

At the end, I opted for taking the public bus from my 2nd day onwards, which works OK. But this Hampton is very far away from Disney resorts. So I end up spending long time commuting by ourselves and defeat the whole purpose choosing this Hampton in the first place.

I feedback to reception the problematic shuttle service and he promised me passing the comments to GM. Unfortunately, I received no words from the GM after my 9 nights at that Hampton. That's disappointing.

It's a pity that the lousy outsourced shuttle service ruined the hard earned credits of the hotel staff. The receptions are cheerful, and breakfast serving & house keeping are all very very hard working.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ambambamb
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with our shuttle services. Reliable transportation is an important feature here at our hotel and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. It is also our goal to follow up with guests in situations such as yours and I apologize for the delay. I would love to speak with you and help alleviate some of your concerns. Can you please contact me at 407-345-1112

Kind Regards,
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here for 10 days in April.The hotel was pretty good, the staff were friendly and informative.The room was clean and well presented.The pool was not very clean and the breakfast was ok.The hotel was 5 minutes drive from Universal studios and was 5 minutes walk from international Drive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi Kevin! It looks like you reviewed our hotel twice and was curious if you stayed twice or you were just so excited about staying with us??  We are so happy you were able to spend your honeymoon with us! Great to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean hotel. We offer a large variety of breakfast items and I would love to hear how we can improve on this. Was there something specific you were looking for? Please feel free to email me at kelly.hutchinson@hilton.com or call me at 407-345-1112, we love to hear how we can improve!! We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

For most of my stay I use Hampton Inn or Hilton Hotels, and I am always happy... But I will definitely not staying in this one again. Bathroom was smelly... My daughter found a dirty toothpick in the headboard of the bed!!! Disgusting.. disgusting... Rooms are smaller to the conventional size we are used to.. But I do have to admit that their staffs were very friendly and always smiling!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the cleanliness issue that you experienced and know that it is always our goal to follow up with guests in situations such as yours.

However, I am pleased to hear that our staff was pleasing to you as we take pride in providing a friendly and welcoming hotel to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to speaking with you.

Orlando, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Breakfast was lousy (overcooked salty eggs), over oiled potatoes Staff gave me a handicapped room and did nothing when I complained about the bathroom - water leaking into the living room. Staff was speaking in foreign language- virtually everyone seems eastern European.. makes one uncomfortable...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your review with us, Suresh A. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unfortunate leak you experienced and know that it is always our goal to follow up with guests in situations such as yours. We are very sorry you did not receive the service you should have while attempting to resolve this issue. We also received your survey and I have attempted to make contact you with via phone and email and awaiting your call or email as I would like to hear some details regarding your stay. I checked our logbooks regarding maintenance issues and didn’t see anything listed so I was curious as to who you reported this problem to so I can take appropriate action. Our Chief Engineer and myself checked the room you stayed in and were not able to find any leaks. I am hoping you can call me to better clarify this situation.

In regards to “Staff gave me a handicapped room”, I confirmed through your reservation history that we placed you in the room type that you booked through our central reservation center. If this was the wrong, again, I urge you to please contact me so that we can resolve this issue.

In regards to your comments that our staff speaks in foreign languages, we actually take great pride in this. We are a very diverse hotel and very fortunate that so many of our staff are able to communicate to our large variety of guests that stay with us. Our staff speaks a multitude of languages including Portuguese, Spanish, Czech, Estonian and Russian. While the majority or our guests find this very helpful when they stay with us, my apologies that this made you feel uncomfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to speaking with you.