“Happy Hampton Holidayer”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
“Happy Hampton Holidayer”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Or family of four stayed in this hotel for four nights while hopping around Florida on vacation. Location was excellent. Service by emloyees of the hotel was top notch. The rooms were clean, well appointed, and comfortable. The batroom was a tad small, not what we are used to in the newer Hampton's, which made me think this is a hotel Hampton has taken over from another chain and re-branded. Hampton did the best they could with what they have. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and Hampton is a name I always trust.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review!! Our guest love that we have a great place that is fresh and clean and located within many great shops and dining. We hope to see you next time you travel to the Orlando Area.

This hotel was actually built in 1990 and opened in 1991 as a Hampton Inn. It has been owned and operated by the same management from the ground up. Our bathrooms are a little cozy so we do our best to make up for it with our HUGE displays of hamptonality!! We are however aware that people enjoy a larger bathroom now and are working on a solution!!

Kelly Hutchinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn 1 night on the way to a cruise. It was clean, Employees friendly. We are familiar with the area so knew where to go for food, shopping etc. Breakfast was excellent. Only thing was the road noise from the interstate. Not a deal breaker.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed two nights 2/15/2/16. The room looked clean from the outside, but the bathroom had black mold growing in the shower. Our A/C unit leaked on the carpet, maintenance did come in an put in a dryer while we were out, but I wondered how many times that carpet had gotten wet/dry, etc.
Breakfast was bad, eggs overcooked, sausage/bacon undercooked and cold. Stick with the waffles and oatmeal.
Worst part was the free shuttle -we were supposed to leave at 9:15 sharp. Finally at 9:30 my husband went in to ask where it was. Supposedly it had been pulled over for a surprise DOT inspection. The surprise was we had them call a cab for us and ended up pating $15 bucks for a 5 mintue ride. It was only $7.50 on our way back that night.
Going back to Orlando next month, won't stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jacquelyn M
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We know how many options you have while staying in the Orlando area and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. I want to apologize for the unfortunate mold and cleanliness issues that you experienced at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. I'm addressing the housekeeping concerns as well as the shuttle transportation issue with our staff and apologize for the inconvenience.

I 'm glad I was able to speak with you directly to discuss your experience and personally apologize.

Kind regards,
Red Hook, New York
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I prefer to write positive reviews but sometimes have to say what needs to be said.
Hampton Inns have long been a favorite since the beds are so comfortable and the wall insulation is sufficient to provide blessed quiet. Both wonderful positives.
However recently I've noticed that every Hampton Inn room I've stayed in has had an irksome problem: the curtains are the type that don't fully close. There have been lights on all night outside the window, and other buildings not so far away. While I have bulldog clips in my briefcase that can secure the curtains high enough to block out a good deal of the light - and view into the room - this isn't ideal. I hope this can be corrected.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Carolyn48473
Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for your review. Thanks for the tip about the curtain. We know how important a good nights sleep is. Currently we are looking for new promo items and I think you just gave us the answer! Window Curtain clips for our guest rooms!! Thanks for the help and I will also pass your suggestion onto Hampton Brand.

Cramerton, North Carolina
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just staying 1 night for business, so not to hung up on details.
Everything is typical Hampton, location is right on top of Universal and international drive.
My only complaints is that the room is tiny and appears like an old building. Lack of convenient power outlets and a few cleanliness issues. For example the spilled coffee stains all down the side of the desk (right against the bed). Important items like the bathroom are spotless.

Room Tip: back of property overlooks the pool. Main road in front is a little noisy, but not to bad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of our property. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. In the meantime, I wanted to respond to some of your comments.

Great news on the power outlets! Not only has our property but Hampton as a brand has been listening to our guests’ requests for more outlets. We know what a hassle it is to have one outlet at the nightstand and we use it to plug in the lamp and alarm clock. I myself find this frustrating when staying at a hotel because I want to be able to charge my phone next to the bed, just as I do at home! ALL Hamptons are now required to have a Power cube on the night stand next to the bed with extra outlets and some will provide USB ports! Look for this new trend on your future stays at all Hamptons! Ours have been ordered and we are waiting on their arrival to help our guests!

Good to see you found the bathroom spotless! Our staff takes great pride in cleanliness and I will share with our team the coffee issue. This is not acceptable at our hotel!

Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will come visit us in the future.

Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 9, 2013

For less than $100 per nite in Orlando during a trade show week, it's a real deal. However compared to many other Hamptons it's getting a little long in the tooth. The number of TV channels are limited, no HD, small bathrooms, and low water pressure. Plus the ice machine on the 7th floor was on the blink and flooded the elevator area. Bad luck for sure, but the place could use a little refresh. Lots of tables at breakfast which is good because the place was packed. But the layout was odd, with the breads and toaster at opposite ends causing a lot of congestion. On the plus side, the location is great for vacations or the convention center, and it has a pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

We recently completed our first floor renovation and expanded our breakfast room and added lots of new tables as you noticed! Not to get too much into the nitty gritty but we are in the final stages of working out a new contract with our cable provider. This will give us many more channels and offer HD programming. New carpet in all of our guest rooms is currently in process which will have a nice refreshed appearance. New pool furniture is set to arrive the first week of March and will look great with our new pool side cabanas.

In regard to the breakfast foods layout: this has been an ongoing process in determining the best placement for everything. We originally had all breads directly across from the toaster, however, this then caused heavy back up between the waffle makers and the toaster. I appreciate your feedback about the location and will use it to continue our perfection!! If not for feedback like yours, we might not have realized it was an issue!

Huntsville
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Older hotel, but they're trying. Standard Hampton breakfast, good workout area and fairly clean.

Never could get hot water for the shower. Talked to the front desk three times. They said they'd send maintenance and offer to move me if they couldn't fix it. They never told me if it was fixed or not, nor offered to move me, so when I took my last shower, the hot water was still at room temperature. I was only there for a couple of days, so I let it go, but the lukewarm shower wasn't enjoyable.

Finally, my reservation preference for Hilton establishments is a floor away from the elevator. My room was directly across from the elevator, ice machine and laundry, so it was noisy at times.

Doubtful I'll stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
My apologies about not having hot water and not wanting to return to our property, that is the last thing we would want our guest to experience and leave here feeling like they had a bad stay!!

I appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right with you and was hoping you can contact me so that I can make sure we address the needs of the room you stayed in take care of you!

407-345-1112