“Nice place to stay after long days at the theme parks”

Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr
Ranked #106 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minnesota
“Nice place to stay after long days at the theme parks”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights Nov 10-14 2012. Huge breakfast area with all the normal Hampton fare like waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, sausage patties, cereal, milk, fruit, etc....breakfast menu changes, which is nice. The staff is very nice and presentable. Isaac at the front desk was always happy to help and always had a "hello" for us when we entered. Outdoor pool looked clean, no hot tub. It was always cool when we got back, so we didnt use the pool area. Rooms are a little small but did have micro's and fridge. Its a 5 minute drive to Sea World, 3 minutes to Universal, 15 minutes to Disney. Isaac does speak English, Spanish, and Portuguese .......a plus for international travelers.

• Stayed November 2012
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear whodat11,
Thanks for your great review and I am happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities including our On the House Hot breakfast. Our closeness to so many places in Orlando is a big perk for our guests. Our rooms are a little on the cozy side however we offer a large dose of hospitality and a diverse staff to help our international guests. We hope to see you back again soon!!

Kelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We last visited Florida 7 1/2 yrs ago and couldn't wait to get back this year. We booked the Hampton Inn, S of Universal because it was close to I Drive and offered free shuttles and breakfast included. We arrived at 6.30P.M. after a shorter than expected flight, then a long delay through immigration & shuttle transfer. We were greeted by Isaac who was serving his first day there and could not fault the service from him. Over the two weeks all the staff were very helpful and always there if needed. The buffet breakfast was superb and constantly topped up. The free internet was great for keeping in touch with family and friends daily. The rooms were serviced daily and when we requested regular coffee instead of decaff, it was changed without any problems. We would return there again (hopefully in less than 7 1/2 yrs) as everything was catered for.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have the noise of the road, but otherwise no problems.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your great review and I am happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities including our On the House Hot breakfast and complimentary WIFI. I am glad to see you were treated with our southern hospitality and enjoyed our accommodating staff. We love having you here! We hope to see you back again soon!!
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We found a deal for $45 a night off of Travelzoo.com. We had a prior reservations at another Hampton Inn for $79.Considering. it was a mile difference we knew we wouldn't have a problem. For a Fri-Mon stay the price was great.I had read on tripadvisor there was construction so I called to see how things were.The staff person was more than happy to tell me of the renovations and reassured me our stay will be just fine.

I honestly can just make a complaint for my husband, he didn't have the breakfast variety he usually gets at Hampton Inn.They were renovating that specific area at the time but did have plenty of options. Considering the men working I will vouch that we never heard them!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Katie1313,
Thanks for your great review and I am happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities! Our Lobby renovation if now complete and our guests have seemed to love the much more open space! We hope to see you back again soon!!
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We drove in on Friday night going to Universal for the Day on Saturday. This Hotel is always a good Value and very clean. A free shuttle runs from the Hotel to Universal, but we did not want to stay that late so we drove over to the Park. It takes only a few minutes to get there from this Hotel. There are serval nice places to eat in short driving distance. A free breakfast starts the day at this Hampton and Free is always good...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thanks for your great review and I happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities! Especially that we are so close to Universal is a big perk for our guests. We hope to see you back again soon!!

Vitoria, ES
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed for eight nights. The room was clean and comfortable. Also, the staff is great, really friendly. It certainly exceeded my expectations, considering the price. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because of the breakfast. There were always the same options (sliced bread, scrambled eggs, bacon ou sausage, waffle, muffins and some fruits) and, as I didn't enjoyed the food offered, I only had fruits for breakfast during my stay. Also, there were signs alerting the hotel was going through renovations, but the renovations didn't bother me at all, to the point that I wouldn't know about it if it wasn't for the signs. A great value!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JuMCL
Hello JuMCL!!
Thank you so much for your great review and glad to see you had a great stay. Our renovation is now complete and seemed to be wrapping up when you were here. I’m happy to hear it didn’t interrupt your stay. We hope you come back soon!
canada
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed 10 nights here in June for a Disney/universal vacation and it was absolute affordable comfort!! There are so many Hampton inns in Orlando that I'm almost curious as to if the previous reviewer who mentioned outdated decor and dust stayed in a different one? Or perhaps some floors need renovating.... in June they were part way thru complete carpet replacements, so those are totally new. Anyhow, the pros for you: beds are soooooo comfy, breakfast is FANTASTIC considering its included, plenty of clean towels daily, very helpful/friendly staff. Affordable laundry facilities IN hotel, only two blocks from Denny's and other (less affordable) restaurants. Only two blocks from public bus stop and also from the i-drive trolley stop. (these are outside the Denny's). Very quiet at night, totally uninterrupted sleep!! Small convenience store in house. Perfectly quiet aircon. The cons ( n there aren't many!!); the wifi was free but poor.... some days couldn't connect at all... but whatever, I was on vacation!! And the only time it was an emergency the front desk staff let me use their computer. The free shuttle to Disney takes nearly an hour to get there and the last returning shuttle is too early to see fireworks. I would definitely rent a car next time. the public bus is dirt cheap and easy to use but takes even longer than the shuttle. Works well if your in a bind tho. there isn't much seating at breakfast, its hard to get a table between 730 and 930 but we took breakfast to our room so that was OK. No grocery stores within easy walking distance.

we would certainly return here and recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank carleen1986
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear carleen1986,
Thank you so much for your great review! We are pleased you had such a great stay, I sometimes wonder myself about comments and whether they were confused on which Hampton they stayed in!!
We have made quite a few improvements since your stay in June. We have updated our internet company to a much broader bandwidth which allows for a much faster connection without losing connection like before. We have completed our corridor carpets and along with that- our entire first floor has been renovated!! This includes a much larger breakfast room and leaves plenty of seating for everyone.
We hope you come back soon to see all these new changes!!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Hilton never has disappointed me. This hotel is very clean, the breakfast is actually good, and the service was great. When asked for recommendations to restaurants, they had no hesitation on helping me. The beds are like white clouds! So comfy and me having back issues, i woke up so relaxed, energized, and like a new woman! The pool area is soso. And here you can pretty much walk to anything on international drive.

• Stayed February 2012
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thanks for your great review and I happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities! Our staff takes great pride in their service so glad to see they made you happy. We hope to see you back again soon!!