Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vitoria, ES
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed for eight nights. The room was clean and comfortable. Also, the staff is great, really friendly. It certainly exceeded my expectations, considering the price. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because of the breakfast. There were always the same options (sliced bread, scrambled eggs, bacon ou sausage, waffle, muffins and some fruits) and, as I didn't enjoyed the food offered, I only had fruits for breakfast during my stay. Also, there were signs alerting the hotel was going through renovations, but the renovations didn't bother me at all, to the point that I wouldn't know about it if it wasn't for the signs. A great value!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JuMCL
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Hello JuMCL!!
Thank you so much for your great review and glad to see you had a great stay. Our renovation is now complete and seemed to be wrapping up when you were here. I’m happy to hear it didn’t interrupt your stay. We hope you come back soon!
Kelly Hutchinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed 10 nights here in June for a Disney/universal vacation and it was absolute affordable comfort!! There are so many Hampton inns in Orlando that I'm almost curious as to if the previous reviewer who mentioned outdated decor and dust stayed in a different one? Or perhaps some floors need renovating.... in June they were part way thru complete carpet replacements, so those are totally new. Anyhow, the pros for you: beds are soooooo comfy, breakfast is FANTASTIC considering its included, plenty of clean towels daily, very helpful/friendly staff. Affordable laundry facilities IN hotel, only two blocks from Denny's and other (less affordable) restaurants. Only two blocks from public bus stop and also from the i-drive trolley stop. (these are outside the Denny's). Very quiet at night, totally uninterrupted sleep!! Small convenience store in house. Perfectly quiet aircon. The cons ( n there aren't many!!); the wifi was free but poor.... some days couldn't connect at all... but whatever, I was on vacation!! And the only time it was an emergency the front desk staff let me use their computer. The free shuttle to Disney takes nearly an hour to get there and the last returning shuttle is too early to see fireworks. I would definitely rent a car next time. the public bus is dirt cheap and easy to use but takes even longer than the shuttle. Works well if your in a bind tho. there isn't much seating at breakfast, its hard to get a table between 730 and 930 but we took breakfast to our room so that was OK. No grocery stores within easy walking distance.

we would certainly return here and recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank carleen1986
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear carleen1986,
Thank you so much for your great review! We are pleased you had such a great stay, I sometimes wonder myself about comments and whether they were confused on which Hampton they stayed in!!
We have made quite a few improvements since your stay in June. We have updated our internet company to a much broader bandwidth which allows for a much faster connection without losing connection like before. We have completed our corridor carpets and along with that- our entire first floor has been renovated!! This includes a much larger breakfast room and leaves plenty of seating for everyone.
We hope you come back soon to see all these new changes!!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Hilton never has disappointed me. This hotel is very clean, the breakfast is actually good, and the service was great. When asked for recommendations to restaurants, they had no hesitation on helping me. The beds are like white clouds! So comfy and me having back issues, i woke up so relaxed, energized, and like a new woman! The pool area is soso. And here you can pretty much walk to anything on international drive.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thanks for your great review and I happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities! Our staff takes great pride in their service so glad to see they made you happy. We hope to see you back again soon!!

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Where shall I start????

1. dinner trash was never taken away by housekeeping. by the time we left on day 3 of our stay the room smelled awful. The food containers would not fit in the trash cans provided so we set them on top of the trash each evening. Each day we came back, the containers were sitting on the desk.
2. red stains on the pillowcases.
3. Toilet overflowed 3 times during our stay.
4. seems some previous children of the room had been digging for gold while sitting on the toilet because the bathroom door was full of "gold". absolutely disgusting!
5. There was a pink glob of something on the shower walls. Not sure what it was. yuck!
6. Night 1 of our stay, the fire alarm went off at 220am. There were about 30 guests downstairs in the lobby. after a 20 minute wait, I watched the front desk employee advise 1 guest that it was okay to go back to their room. She did not inform the rest of us. No announcement was ever made that we could go back to our rooms.
7. We had to leave at 330am the morning of our departure due to an early flight. Went to the front desk to check out and was told that I had to go back to my room and wait for my receipt to be delivered under the door. ???? I told the clerk that our shuttle was outside waiting. With a disgusted look he picked up a stack of paper and found my receipt. Instead of handing it to me he set it on the counter in front of me. He did it so quickly that it fell on the floor. No sorry or anything of the sort. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ajenali
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and levels of customer service and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I was hoping you could please reach out to me at the hotel to speak of your specific instances and get further details about your stay, particularly your guest room number. However I would also like to apologize for the other inconveniences that you experienced while you were here. I hope you will give us another chance and if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
407.345.1112
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here with a friend to visit Universal and Disney Parks, and after lots of research Hampton Inn of Universal Studios proved to be the best for our needs.

featured:

Free hot breakfast
Free computer in the lobby to check in for the flight
Free shuttle buses to Universal and Disney Epcot (although there were some stops on the way)
Walking distance to Wet N' Wild
Wonderful concierge (opened at 7 AM) who we got all our park tickets from (no extra fees)
Very friendly front desk staff
Free luggage storage
Tea and coffee all day
Clean room with working TV and nice beds.

That's all that I could ask for and more. Great stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank WandererENY
Dear WandererElmie

Thanks for your great review and I happy to see you enjoyed so many of our wonderful amenities! We hope to see you back again soon!!

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Found a great rate through an internet search due to their renovations in the lobby. The renovations were only a minor inconvenience during the free breakfast. The breakfast quality was a pleasant surprise - fresh fruits, a lot of variety, well-stocked. Coupled with the clean and spacious rooms, this hotel represented very good value for the price. The only downside is their shuttle service to Universal Studioes. While they advertise the service, in reality there is only 1 pick-up and 1 return time, which is impractical in reality. The hotel is a less than 10 minute trip by car, so driving your own car or taking a cab is more realistic. It is also well situated for a quick car ride over to the International Drive outlet mall. Overall, I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ReviewHere
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello ReviewHere!

We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return soon. Universal is only a few minutes away and our shuttle times our set up by the third party who runs the shuttle and it is based on how busy they are. Thanks again for the great review!
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was the first time I stayed at this location and never will ever again!! At first the rooms looked very nice but soon we found a dirty bathroom, sink that would not drain, strands of hair on one of our beds, that same bed had sheets that were turned inside out. Too make things worse my husband woke up in the middle of night itching and to our surprise we found BED BUGS!! We told the hotel staff about it and that we took pictures, how ever they seemed the least bit interested and simply said they would take care of it. My poor husband by then had already been bitten in so many places. Two days after this visit I broke out into a severe rash, when I went to Dr. they told me I had contracted SCABIES!! They said it could have been contracted through dirty towels or bedding. From what I can think of it could have only come from here!!! Want my advice GO STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Service - sucked!!
Value - For paying $80 per night and to have bugs in my bed, I might as well have gone camping!!
Sleep Quality - No sleep out paranoia of being eaten up by bed bugs!!
Cleanliness - I don't think I need to describe anymore!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DP429
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear DP429,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with 100% satisfaction. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed. I can assure we take very proactive measures in regards to pests and act promptly. Please contact me directly so I can gather more details and help make things right.

407-345-1112