2,156 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosinternational drivefree shuttlefree breakfastthe breakfast areafront desk staffclean roomshot breakfastfridge and microwaveyogurtwould stay here againa great staybooked this hoteleach morningshuttle servicethe busparks
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was my second viist to this particular Hampton Inn. I stayed in this hotel two years ago with my husband and another couple. At that time I had no complaints with my hotel room and had an overall good experience. This time I visited with my sister during our two day trip to Universal. I booked these accomodations through Triple AAA and I was very disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. The floors were dirty, scraps of paper and tags from new clothes purchased were left on the floor. There were long strands of black hair left in the sheets in my sisters bed which grossed her out competely. There was mold in several area of the tub and surrounding tile. The bathroom sink did not drain properly and though there was a "free continental breakfast", there was no place to sit and enjoy a breakfast due to the hotel lobby and resteraunt area being under construction. I had no problem with the staff. I had to call Secuirty due to excess noise at 1:00 am next door to our room. I do give them credit for taking care of the problem immediately. Our room facing Kirkland was much too noisy. The hotel is in need of better sound-proofing. We heard traffic all night long that kept waking us up. I am sorry to say I will not be re-visiting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I was hoping you could please reach out to me at the hotel to speak of your specific instances and get further details about your stay. We have learned from experience to not throw away tags from new items that our guests have experienced. We use to do this, but it turns out that many guests got upset because they needed them. If items are in the trashcan, they do take out the trash. I am glad to see our Security took care of your noise issue right away. However I would also like to apologize for the other inconveniences that you experienced while you were here. Our renovation project is almost complete and I hope you will give us another chance and if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel rooms are very pleasant, the pillows were nice and soft, as well as the bed. Everything in the bed was spotless clean, and smelling good. The bathroom is not large, but is ok, not a single problem. The hotel is very close to Universal (30 min walk) and to Wet'n'Wild (5-10 min walk) so no need to go driving. There are many options for eating within walking distance ( I personally recommend Sweet Tomatoes on the corner of I-Drive). Front desk personnel were good most of the time, except for the Brazilian employee, who was always a bit lazy (he could not find one of my packets, another employee found it next day). Also, as everyone else has pointed, Wireless Internet does not work properly at all. I am enrolled in a online postgrad degree and there were some activities I was supposed to do during my stay, but although the wireless signal is good, the connection itself keeps timing out and failing, so I missed some of the deadline for the activities. I told by phone the front desk and also in person at the front desk, tried to access after I told them but it kept the same way. It will be a pretty good hotel when they fix Internet service. As of now, they should not advertise as having Wifi.
The hotel is going through renovation in the breakfast and lobby area, which was clearly stated in the hotel website, but other than the looks of the renovation, there were no problems. The missing hot breakfast was a pity, but I was aware of it. By the way, the hot complimentary breakfast is very nice, with omelets, waffles and varieties of juice. I was impressed with the variety and options. In the last week however, due to the renovations in progress it was not served, but we could make a "picnic" breakfast bag, with fruits, cereal bars, water, coffee "to-go" and yogurt. All in all the stay was good, except for the Internet not operational.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher rooms, but it is a personal taste. Also, the elevator does not make the bell noise by night, so it is not a problem to get a room by the elevator, unless you are very sensitive to the noise of the people coming in and out.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ranerio V

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at our hotel; your comments are appreciated. I apologize that the internet access was an area of concern. We have contacted our internet provider to troubleshoot any problems, in order to offer better service in the future. However I would like to apologize for the level of service you received and for the inconveniences that you endured. If you plan to travel to the area again in the future, please consider staying with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

On first appearances, this hotel seems like a superior hotel, but towards the end of our trip a few things started to emerge/annoy us mainly with the cleanliness of the hotel. Unfortunately I dropped my phone down the back of the locker & discovered a lot of physical rubbish & dust/dirt when retrieving it. The shower was also blocked with hair & something red which was not ours and the bedclothes were not changed during our 10 night stay. The cleaner also decided to put the air-con on full blast every day so the room was freezing when we came home. From the daily cleaning of the room, all we could see was done was the bed made, towels changed and rubbish removed, no other cleaning appeared to occur.

Other things which bothered us with this hotel (which some are not obviously the fault of the hotel) include:

Shuttles - Infrequency of shuttle buses to Universal - Park closes most evenings at 7 pm, and normally we were finished about 5/6 so we tended to get a taxi back. Shuttle bus to Disney - No earlier shuttle i.e. would be nice to have a shuttle around 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. for same reason above.
Location - Hotel has no restaurants/nightlife close-by. If we were to return, we would stay closer to the Point area on I-drive. In effect, with no car hired, we spent a significant amount of dollars on taxis and time on the Lynx bus or I Trolley. The hotel is even located a bit of a trex from the Bus Stops.
Hotel - The hotel has no pub/food options. Also, do not order from the room service, we got ripped off by about $20 due to the menu prices be "incorrect" by fault of the hotel as per the delivery company.
Lobby/Breakfast area - is madness in the morning. Would hate to think what it is like in peak periods!

Despite the above, the Pros of the hotel include:
Friendly staff, who I noticed are multilingual, which would seem why a lot of Spanish speaking tourist stayed there
Good breakfast
Cookies in the evening

Overall, we would not book again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. However I would also like to apologize for the other inconveniences that you experienced while you were here. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Our hotel has many restaurants located within a half mile, and the closest bus stop is a block away from our hotel.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had a wonderful experience! They were updating the lobby and breakfast area but it was quiet during the evening/early mornings. They had a great variety for breakfast with very helpful staff. The rooms and bathrooms were updated. Beds were very comfortable. We would totally stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Hello TexasLikestotravel!!

I am happy to see you had a wonderful experience while staying with us!! We are very excited about the improvements happening to our hotel! We will have a much larger breakfast room with plenty of seating and a beautiful new lobby, business center and fitness center! Our team doing the work is very aware that our guests are here to relax and do their best to work only during the day when the majority of our guests are out having fun!
Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We enjoyed this hotel. It was very clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was a terrific breakfast for a free breakfast. I would recommend it for those who are concerned about cleanliness. Each day the duvet covers are washed.

Room Tip: There is a sign that each day the duvets are washed. I think that is unusual.
1  Thank nleffel

Hello nleffel!

Thank you for your great review!! Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you! I am pleased that you enjoyed our clean and friendly hotel and the delicious breakfast we offer every morning! And yes, those duvet covers and sheets are washed for EVERY guest!! Hampton takes pride in offering this service. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit.