Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr
Ranked #96 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for the first week of our 2week trip to Florida. We have used Hampton inns in the past and always find it to be a good brand. Really comfy beds and spacious rooms with handy laundry facilities on our floor. The free breakfast is excellent with a good choice and even FRESH fruit, it gets busy but the staff are excellent and very organised. The hotel manager is very much hands on at this property and it shows. They where replacing the hall carpets when we stayed and the whole thing was very much planned around the comfort of the guests, the guys laying the carpets where also very courteous.Well done Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank puddey
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear puddey,
I am happy to see you enjoyed our hotel while visiting us and excited for you to come back and visit us again!! We do have a large variety of breakfast items and glad you enjoyed them, Our staff works hard to keep everything fresh and delicious. We also have laundry available on every other floor for our guests to use and provide Tide and change into quarters at the front desk.

Our hallway carpets are now complete and glad to see this didn’t interfere with your stay. We are starting a renovation on the first floor in August and will taking the same measures to not disturb our guests. Hope to see you on your next visit to Orlando!

Kelly Hutchinson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,070)

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My son and I stayed here for one week.The rooms were excellent with super comfy beds.The bathroom door hit off the toilet when opened ,but as both of us are rather slim it was never an issue getting in and out of the bathroom.Breakfast each morning was plentiful with a good choice.The shuttle bus to Universal was very handy although we never got the return shuttle as we were always finished at the park before the first return shuttle.We walked back from Universal a couple of times and never felt it was too long a walk.The hotel is ideally situated just off of International drive and only a few minutes walk from wet and wild.We didn't have a hire car but made use of the i-trolley and lynx buses.My only criticism of the hotel is there were not enough safety boxes at reception for the number of hotel rooms.Our room number was put on a waiting list but we never got use of a safety box the whole week we were there.This meant we had to carry our passports,all our money,return plane tickets etc. with us everywhere we went which is not ideal when going round theme parks.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank sunshine0111
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear sunshine0111
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate it! I’m glad you enjoyed our comfy beds and clean duvets. Our guests love our free shuttle to both Universal and Disney. Sorry about the lack of safety deposit boxes but I wanted to let you know we have ordered more and are in the process of putting them in. This should be complete after our first floor renovation in late summer that includes expanding our breakfast room to make room for more guests! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Orlando

Kelly Hutchinson, General Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night. We were satisfied. The breakfast was good. It does get crowded, but they have the whole thing very organized.

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The refrigerator and microwave in the room were very convenient.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank iamafairadvisor
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear iamafairadvisor,

Thank you very much for your kind review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and it does get crowded. To help with the crowd, we use our meeting room for extra seating in the morning so everyone can enjoy our On The House Hot Breakfast. This fall, we are renovating our breakfast and lobby area to make more room for all of our guests and we hope you come back to see the finished product! As always, we love having you here!

We also take pride in providing fresh and clean bedding for each of our guests. Our duvet covers and sheets are fresh for every arrival!

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here after visiting Universal for the day. It was a great one-night stop! Check-in was very fast. We had the standard king room and it was very roomy and very clean! Bed was super comfy! Breakfast was great!! It offered scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, waffles, fruit, muffins, bagels, danishes, etc. We would definitely stay here again!! It is very convenient to universal studios; right down the road; no need to hop onto I-4.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristy_Lanikai
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Dear Kristy_Lanikai

Thank you so much for your great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location and delicious breakfast!! Our beds are super comfy like you stated and we take pride in offering our fresh and clean beds to all of our guests. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I've stayed in quite a few Hampton Inns for business travel and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't the best either. Initially I requested a King Bed but upon check in was told that room wasn't available because it had issues, so I was put in a room with two Queen beds - no problem, no big deal. I was going to sleep in the bed closest to the a/c unit but upon pulling back the covers a tiny bug scurried across the sheet which freaked me out with worries of bedbugs (it wasn't - just a tiny spider or something), but it caused me to pull up the sheets to check to be sure. The mattress pad was covered with hairs and had sweat stains on it - quite gross! Fortunately the other bed was much cleaner. Putting clean sheets on a soiled mattress pad is like putting lipstick on a pig. I left a note for the maid to change the mattress pad and she did, but checking the maid's cart next morning, it is quite obvious that a change of mattress pad between guests is not a standard practice - it should be! The duvet cover is clean for each guest - isn't the mattress pad just as important?
Aside from that the bathroom was quite cramped and the water was slow coming in and going out but that is due to the age of the hotel, I imagine.
Overall, the stay was fine and the room appeared to be quite clean. The buffet met the brand standards. Oh, and I was short changed in the vending machine!

Room Tip: Check under the bottom sheet before you get in the bed!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Conrad B
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Poethunter,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and while it was not a perfect stay, I am happy that you did enjoy your time with us. I apologize for the padding of the bed and can assure you that this was discussed with our room attendants and Executive Housekeeper. Please at any time, you would like to discuss any of the issues you had, feel free to email or call me!! We review all feedback that our guests have and follow up on everything, no matter the size!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 14 nights with my boyfriend in June 2011 and it far exceeded my expectations. I booked through expedia, and whilst it wasn't the cheapest hotel, it was very reasonably priced and gets a far better customer rating on expedia than hotels that are A LOT more expensive.
When we arrived after a long day of travelling from the UK we were greeted by a very friendly lady at reception who handled our check-in very efficiently. Without exaggerating it took less than a minute, it was great. The hotel and pool is very clean, our room was spotless, the photos aren't deceiving at all, it really does look that good. There is a complimentary breakfast which has a good variety of food. Two hot items usually, pastries, fruit, cereal, toast, waffles, muffins etc. plus free coffee all day. There's also a shop in the foyer which has all the essentials plus souvenirs and some snacks.
The location is great, it's literally a 2 minute walk to international drive and less than 5 minutes to the nearest i-ride stop, which is stop 7. There's also a Denny's right on the corner which is open 24 hours and a Walgreen's.
The hotel provides free shuttles to Disney and Universal, as far as I can remember there's an early morning and late morning shuttle, and a few different times to choose from in the evening also. The only problem for us was that the last shuttle leaving Disney doesn't leave late enough to allow you to watch the magic kingdom fireworks, so we got a taxi back that night. I've had this experience with other hotel shuttles as well so it is not just the Hampton Inn.
I really loved this hotel, and I will be staying here again this summer :) and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants amazing quality for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Grace155

Dear Grace155,

Thank you very much for your great review, we truly appreciate it.!! Our guest love that we have a great place that is fresh and clean and located within many great shops and dining. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle to Disney, large variety at breakfast and fresh pool. We definitely try to keep our hotel priced at a great value while still offering so many complimentary amenities. We hope to see you on your next visit to Orlando!! We love having you here!!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We recently spent 13 nights at this hotel which was a great base for doing all the Florida parks. Our room was comfortable although slightly cramped for 2 adults and our 2 teenage children. Some of the decor needed a little attention but, overall, it represented good value for money. The breakfast was plentiful with a good selection of offerings each morning but it did get very busy in the breakfast room. Free tea and coffee were always available at any time of the day which we appreciated. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the maid did a good job in keeping our room clean each day. The free shuttle bus to Disney always turned up on time and took 30-45 minutes to get to Epcot. The time varied according to the number of other hotels it was collecting from. It also arrived to collect us from Epcot on time, which hadn't always been the case when we had previously stayed in Orlando, so that was a big bonus. We didn't use the free shuttle to Universal as we found that we could walk there from the hotel in around 25 minutes. Wet and Wild was only a few minutes walk away. There were plenty of places to eat nearby and there are also Lynx and I-Ride trolley bus stops close by.
All in all this is a very well run hotel which I would strongly recommend to anyone going to Orlando.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Shaun L
Kelly H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Shaun L,

Thank you for your great review and I am very happy you enjoyed not only your stay with us but also our staff, breakfast and location. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Orlando!!