“A 2-star on it's best day” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Orlando Downtown

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #312 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“A 2-star on it's best day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This Ramada Hotel had to be the worse Ramada I have ever stayed in. Do not let the pictures for you, it is a bait and switch. My first room was dirty with hair all over the place, peeling ceiling, dirty bed and broken door locks. Carpet is filthy. GET IT TOGETHER.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Kalvin S
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I a sorry to hear that you had so many issues during your stay. I would like to ensure that each and every issue has been noted and addressed with the respective department to ensure that no future guest has to encounter them. never the less I am truly sorry that your stay was not a success and ensure that we have made every effort to fix the issues during your stay that your reported. Please feel free to contact me directly to so we can work together to make things right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I actually stayed with family to avoid driving home late at night, in just a matter of hours my torso and arms had been bitten up by bed bugs. My family member woke up with pink eye, I'm sure due to the filth in the pillows or towels. We also found an empty condom wrapper besise the bed. I have never in my life experienced something like this and I am extremely appalled with the filth and pest in that hotel room. Ramada, at least attempt to take interest of the health and safety of your customers, please and thank you!

1 Thank msbrown_o

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

my faimily and i stayed at this hotel this past weekend.the enterance had garbage built up
and stayed there 4 three days.the room had roaches all over it was gross there was nobody there that could handle are complaint had to buy my own roach spray.i mean what would they do anyway move us to another room WITH ROACHES.the hallway`s were dirty,the pool was cold and dirty,hot tub NO HEAT.it really made for a very bad trip.THE BEST IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE
THERE WAS NONE.IVE BE CALLING FOR THREE DAY`S NO CALL`S BACK MANY EMAIL`S .NO SURPRIZE.SO SEE PICS I HAVE 27 PICS ONLY PUT ON FEW TO GET MY POINT ACROSS.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank darren3199
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I want to start by saying that as an emassador's son I have been to the best hotels as well as the worse and have never experienced anything like this one. After a long day at Disney, we arrived at the hotel at 2am with a sleeping 5 year old and 2 one year olds. We had 3 rooms which 2 out of the 3 had roaches. The front desk offered to change the rooms and again the same in the others.

When I asked to get a refund because we could not stay, the front desk clerk assured I would not get a refund. I called hotelsbyme and due to the seriousness of the problem, they were able to make an exception and give me a refund against the clerks will.

The front desk had the nerve to call the police stating that I was threatening him. The only thing threatening to him was that I took a video of the roaches, the lobby, the clerk and my family leaving at 3am which I will send to the health department and the local news channel.

When I saw the police drive up I stayed to give a statement. At this point the clerk stood behind te police officer insulting and yelling at me in both English and Spanish.

I was at this establishment 03/24 from aprox 2am until a little after 3am.

AVOID THIS HOTEL NO MATTER THE PRICE

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I came for an event at the convention. The hotel was convenient because it was by I-4. The hotel is average. But all things considering it was worth it. The front desk staff, especially Camlan, was amazing. She was extremely helpful. I appreciate her help.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel rooms are very dirty. We actually bought bleach and cleaned the shower. The cleaning staff was a rude. We came home from a day out and the door was left unlocked and OPEN! There's also amenity fees per night that was a added charge. Amenitys?!!!! There was no hair conditioner, no towels for pool, gift shop was closed, pool was dirty, and not even hand sanitizer in the container in the lobby. It was a disappointment. I will say they're trying to fix my disappointing stay but I felt I still had to warn people. Sorry Ramada.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

This Ramada hotel gives the chain a bad name. The entry area was decent but entering our room, we were engulfed by the musty stench of what I now know to be mold. Simply out dated and disgusting. The bathroom's fixtures were old, rusted and dented. Sink was stained and chipped. Mold on shower tiles. Ceiling was chipped. There were no wash cloths. Soda bottle was left in fridge from previous guest. Balcony furniture was dirty and rusted. Cigarette smoke filtrated the halls in this "smoke free" hotel. Soda can and cigarette butts littered the elevator (that wasn't working at the time). More litter on one of the side entry floors. Must I go on? Personally, I think this hotel needs a total overhaul or needs to simply close for business. By the way, be aware of the $5 a day resort fee (uhhh, for the amenities... i.e. weight room (with no weights), spa (still looking for it)... Lol. You've been warned.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple