“Is there any word worst then worst in any dictionary.”

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #312 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 4, 2014

What a nightmare. Horrific and disgusting. Lets begin my story. Booked this hotel through agoda.com for 3 nights and then 3 nights from hotels.com after a day gap. When i arrived on Dec 26, it took me 1 hour to get to the receptionist because of the long line in front of reception. After that i was told that hotel is fully booked and they don't have any room available because of some computer glitch. They sent me to travelodge (hotel with lots of roaches and ants) and asked to come tomorrow. They assured my that they will have a room next day and also assured me to late check-in. Next day i went to Disney straight from travelodge assuming that i am all set for that night. When i came back late night from Disney, i saw around 20 people lined up in front of the reception. So after another 1 hour of wait they again said sorry no room for you and ask me to go to another hotel in Daytona, Fl,,, about 1 hour drive. After long argument they did not provide any other room and ask me to talk to agoda.com or go somewhere else. So finally i drove 50 miles 4:00 in the morning to Daytona to sleep for couple of hours. For my third night they've finally able to give me a room. but it took me 1 hour to get into the room because first their lock was not working. After 30 min one of the maintenance guy opened the room with his master key to find out that room was dirty. So we were moved to a different room. The room and bathroom was so dirty and disgusting, I swear I've never seen that kind of dirtiness in any other hotels, even in the cheaper one. When we entered in the room and checked the bathroom,, someone already used the toilet without flushing the dump. The shower was full of mold and it took some courage to stand under the shower. Bathroom has that musty smell which cannot be ignored. Please STAY AWAY from this hotel. They are blaming agoda.com for all the mess but who are they blaming for dirtiness.

Room Tip: Please STAY AWAY from this hotel. You'll regret.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil N
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you for your comments and concerns regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that your stay was less then a success. The issues that you described have been addressed with department managers and a action plain has been implemented to correct them. I would like to hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are in Orlando to show you that we are working hard to exceed each and every guest expectations that we host on a daily basis.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Had a reservation from Dec. 25-28. Called the hotel directly at 4pm to confirm reservation, late arrival and check in. Was told that my arrival at 1am was ok and we were guaranteed a room. After a 7 hour drive, arrived at a packed lobby with families sleeping all over the place. Apparently WYNDHAM system had an issue and hotel was overbooked. The front desk was APPALLING, and COMPLETELY UNHELPFUL. Orbitz the booking site I used also unhelpful. After 2hrs wait on the phone with orbitz and yelling at front desk, this kind night cleaning staff person found us a room. It was OLD, SMELLY and DIRTY, but it was 4am, all hotels were packed and at that point I just needed to put my head down.
I had my parents coming in to the hotel that morning and they also got scammed. Their system was a mess. They almost kicked us out of our room while we were out for the day because they "could not find" our reservation that was FULLY PAID for 2 weeks prior. Through out the weekend there were SEVERAL issues when it came to payment. Overall just a bunch of IDIOTS working the front desk!

I'm not a picky person. I've stayed in cheap motels before, and they were cleaner that this hotel. I will never book through Orbitz again. I will never stay at a RAMADA or any WYNDAM HOTEL EVER.

This property in particular should be condemned and needs entirely new staff. The only good thing is the location. So if they can just tear this place down, build a new hotel and hire a whole new staff!

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE!!! AVOID!! Side of the road motels are better than this dump!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that the system overbooked us and you had to endure such issues. I would like to make things right please feel free to contact me directly so we can work together to come to a agreement for compensation for your issues.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

When I checked in the desk clerk gave me my keys and informed where my room was located. I went up to my room and the keys did not work, the maid tried her keys and they did not work. The second set of keys did not work and the maintenace man had to fix the keys and the lock on the door. There was no trash can, microwave or fridge in the room. No complimentary news paper that was advertised. The so called breakfast buffet included coffee, tea juice, scrambled, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, cereal and toast. The bar lounge was not open as advertised. Never will I stay at this location again nor will I recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay. I have looked into each and every item that you have mentioned and I ensure that they will or have been corrected. Our bar is open from 5 pm-9 pm daily Thank you for your business and taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in Orlando downtown and parking is free. This is close to Universal Studios, just 4 miles and that the advantage.

Otherwise Hotel needs to improve a lot. Rooms are average and needs work. I stayed here for 3 nights and stay was just OK. There is no Wi-Fi in rooms. TV's are old and limited channels. cleanliness is also average. No microwave and refrigerator in room. This is not good if you are going with family and especially in summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for comments and feedback regarding your stay. Your comments have been forward to our corporate office for review. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Waited in line for 30 min. Front desk needs training in customer service. Two double beds had different color bedspreads. room was not clean arrived late had to stay one night. But it in rear view mirror as soon as possible

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I arrived last Friday evening after a busy few weeks of travelling looking forward to a few relaxing days in Orlando. Instead I waited in line for 30 minutes, only to be rudely told that the booking I made a month ago was not valid and they had no rooms available.

I booked through booking.com, who have a contractual arrangement to guarantee the room with Ramada Downtown Orlando. They broke the law by not giving us a room. In the process they were arrogant, unhelpful, and rude. The person at the desk had zero empathy, just telling some people from the other side of the world had nowhere to sleep 'go away'. They did not attempt to find alternate accommodation or organise anything whatsoever.

This experience was disgusting.

I will never stay at a Ramda hotel ever again, I advice you do the same.

Room Tip: Do not stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay. I am truly sorry that the hotel was overbooked due to a system server error. We contacted all the websites and I am truly sorry that they did not reach out to you.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Worst experience EVER!! Unprofessional Staff, John the Manager of Dales & Marketing needs to be NOT in his position.
We were booked for 2 rooms this past Friday Decemeber 27th and Saturday 28th, 2013 the rooms were paid in full. Upon arrival at 11 a.m. Friday the 27th we were told rooms were not available for early check in , but to return at 3 p.m. as to this is the check in time. Just before leaving we turned back to the front desk attendant, my husband inquired that with 2 additional rooms for the following day would they be able to check in late as we would be attending the Bowl Game on that Saturday? The attendant replied with an answer that we do not have rooms available for us that the 5th floor was flooded and the rooms were located on that floor. Only to have had John come out and then inform us that all 3rd party bookings were cancelled and that we were going to be waalked to a different hotel. I asdked how this could be, he replied that they were 50% over booked. So within 5 minutes from come back at 3, to you do not have your rooms here they for those 2 days all 4 have been cancelled needless to say I replied back with the rooms are all paid in full and I have my confirmations, he said it di not matter, I had even called earlier to conform our reservation. He said call who I booked with which was Hotels.com I told him he needed to make a call to Hotels.com in which he dialed the # and gave me the phone we were on our own. After using his hotel phone after 5 hours and 7 minutes I had then been given new reservations through Hotels.com, We witnessed numerous guests that had come to check in only to be told to come back at 3, even though at that time they the hotel staff knew that those rooms had been cancelled, the ones booked through certain 3rd party reservations. We approached these guests and inquired if they had booked through Hotels.com & Expedia to inform them that we were told that all of those 3rd party reservations through those companies were cancelled. They went to the counter to inquire about what we had informed them and that at that time they were told they had no reservations they were cancelled,not before. Therefore we all would have returned AT 3 To have then found this out. The employee that serviced us first lied to us about the 5th floor being flooded. There is one thing you do NOT do is lie. While on the phone at there fron tdesk for the 5 hour period some of the guests that were checked in came up to us and told us that we were lucky that the reservations were cancelled. Due to one had told us that as soon as they entered their room there was blood in the sink,another told us that the room had not been cleaned it was trashed. Other guests that were there for the bowl game told us that the room was better to have the door open, so that the stench and mildew smell was not so strong. I will partt with this information and hope that no other guests go through what we did or others had while we were there, Oh one more thing,,,they claim to have a cafe, and gave quests lunch vouxhers to find that there was no up and running cafe serving food. This property should be condemned and needs entirely new staff. This is how I spent using 1 day of vacation, we did not get a room untill 6:30 at another resort location, and this started at 11 A.M
PLEASE DO NOT Select this location.There are none

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you had so many issues with your stay. Your comments have been addressed with department managers and a action plain has been implemented to ensure that they have been corrected.

Thank you for your business and feedback