Ramada Orlando Downtown
$209
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$279
$127
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$149
$326
$303
Hotwire.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel appears nice, but once in the rooms the facade fades. For the price and for simply needing a place to stay for the weekend, it was alright but many of the outlets didn't work and the sheets weren't the cleanest. Housekeeping promised fresh towels and toilet paper and never provided over the course of the stay. Both the worst and best parts of our stay, however, were from experiences at the front desk. We had some complicated reservations with our room. Robin, the woman that checked us in at the desk on the first night assured me that all was taken care of in terms of transferring billing and continuing reservation in the room would be no problem and left a note on the computer for the person the next morning. She even made sure we could keep the same room and not have to check out! The following morning when I went down to meet the person the billing/reservation was transferring too, a fellow named John claimed he couldn't find her reservation (disregarding Robin had found it the night before) and that even though she had a printed confirmation from her booking agency and called their customer service to confirm with him as well, we were told by John the hotel was overbooked and we had to leave because "the confirmation was never sent." We asked what we could do and he blankly said we'd have to prove it was a server error or the confirmation email and call to the service were worthless. He was not only unhelpful but rather rude in his interactions. Luckily, we waited around to ponder options (which we thought would be moving to an airport hotel 20 minutes away) and Robin came in for her shift. I spoke with her and she not only remembered the transaction but also my face and was extremely helpful in making sure that all was right as she'd said the night before and pulled up the old reservation with the note as well as the new one, saving our weekend and preventing a logistical nightmare. Thanks Robin, we were able to stay and enjoy our weekend (minus a few towels) as planned.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. The general manager and myself will work with the staff to ensure that the issues you described are corrected and never happen again. I am truly sorry for the issues that you had during your stay and hope that you ca give us a second chance the next time you travel to Orlando.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel itself is nice, especially for the price. However, on our trip we had varying degrees of help from the front desk.

The first night we checked in, the lady at the front desk (Robin) was extremely helpful and welcoming. We explained our complicated room reservation to her and she left a note on the computer saying it would be no problem. The next morning when we went downstairs to transfer our reservation to another friend who had made a reservation at the hotel a month prior, the guy at the desk (John) couldn't find her reservation even though our friend had her confirmation email in her hand; and he didn't seem in the mood to help us or try to figure it out after informing us the hotel was sold out and we'd have to leave. THANKFULLY Robin appeared right before we were about to leave and easily pulled up our friends reservation that John had been unable to find. We had even already made a reservation at another hotel out of desperation after we were told by John we were out of luck. Thank you robin of the Orlando ramada for saving us and not making us have to pack up and switch hotels in the middle of our vacation! Customer service like yours ensures that I will look up this hotel again the next time I visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Best Regards

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Beware of this hotel! My boyfriend and I stayed there 3 nights, November 7th-10th, to work at the EDC. The lobby was outdated and it looked more like an airport terminal, but check-in was a breeze thanks to Robin. When we arrived to our room #305, we noticed that the sheets had not been changed since the last guests occupied the room- there was hair and stains on the bottom sheet. Housekeeping arrived promptly after we called housekeeping but when they arrived, they asked us "which one", to which we replied "ALL of them". While the housekeeping attendant was in the room, we noticed that there was a wasp in the room. The housekeeping attendant did not seem surprised and did not offer his help, so my boyfriend used a bathroom towel to kill it. We took advantage of the BOGO 1/2 off drink coupon we received at check-in and visited the unimpressive hotel bar. The bartender, Stephanie, was friendly and gave us a wonderful suggestion for a local bar called the Bloodhound Brew. Later, when we went to get ice from the machine, we found an empty beer bottle in the ice. (It was still there on Sunday.)

On Friday morning, we decided to have the hotel's breakfast buffet. The staff was very friendly. For $7 per person, they offered disappointingly overcooked eggs that had turned grey, and cold potato cubes and sausage links, in addition to cereal and milk, toast, orange juice, and coffee. They did, however, offer a DIY waffle station that was better than I expected, but we could not to eat there again.

After 12 hours of grueling work, we return to our room Friday night to discover that housekeeping had changed our sheets again, but they did not replace our dirty towels for fresh ones- there was only 1 towel left. When we called housekeeping there was no answer and we had to leave a voicemail. When we called the front desk to ask for fresh towels, the staff member ask us to come down to the front desk to get towels. There seemed to be only 1 staff member working that night.

Then, on Saturday night, a guest at the hotel decided that it would be funny to pull the fire alarm. There was mayhem and no one who worked at the hotel seemed to know what was going on. There was no fire exit map posted anywhere in the room so we had no idea where to go.

In addition to all my complaints with this hotel, the worst part is that I got bitten by bed bugs on my back and ankles!! All in all, I think this hotel is in a great location and it has a lot of potential but it needs a complete overhaul, starting with fumigating every room!! I was very disappointed and I doubt that I will ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank larilikesstars

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I will pass your kind words along to my staff regarding a good job done. I would like to take the time to address your concerns. The lobby was just remolded. Our hotel bar has a extensive list of liquors, wines sprites and beer to offer but it is a hotel bar. I am truly sorry that you had the issue with the wasp I have personally contacted the pest control company and ensure that the room was fumigated. They also inspected the room for what you calmed to be as bed bugs and found no such issue. The issue with the fire alarm was out of our control as it was a busy weekend of people coming to the event you attended. The safety and comfort of each and every guest we host is of up most importance to my self , staff and general manager. I am truly sorry that your stay was less then a success and hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you travel to Orlando.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Never again, dirty towels and room. Non working appliances, and even the lights didn't work. Even when they moved us to another room after we complained. House keeping only made bed never cleaned or replaced towels and I was there for 3 nights. I could keep going with the list of crap wrong with this hotel. Beware if you choose to stay here.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mainor C
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that your stay did not go as planned regarding the first room you have been checked into. As far as your comments regarding only one bed being made I have worked with the head housekeeper to ensure that this issue has been corrected.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

At first arrival the hotel looks beautiful. The lobby is gorgeous. I paid for this through travelocity.com. It was suppose to be $35 the night with a minimum 2 night stay. When I went to check in at 3:00 AM because we had gone to Halloween Horror Nights, they tell us that there is a $5 per night fee. Mind you this does not include their very epensive breakfast. $7 I believe.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MiamiPrincess
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. Feedback such as yours helps us improve our operations on a daily basis. Thank you for your business.