“Absolutely Disappointed”

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #313 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We just arrived to the hotel. We were suppose to have deluxe room with a portable bed to accommodate my 17 year son in the room. We call the front desk and they had no portable bed available. Their answer was for us to put a "pallet" on the floor. Also, this place stinks, is dirty, and anything that is metal, has rust all over it. My wife and three kids will stay here tonight, but will find another hotel to stay at for the rest of the weekend.
I will never mention this hotel to anyone! I am too embarrassed to even say that I stayed here!

Room Tip: Run from this place.....
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobby D
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am surprised by your comments in your review as all front desk employees are empowered to make any and all decisions regarding guest issues and understand guest satisfaction is of the up-most importance to us. I a sorry that you had issues with your stay and hope that you give us another chance during your next trip to Orlando.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Orlando Downtown

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I/We arrived, on 5/11/13 for one nigh, moving on to a differ location for about 7 days, we can back 5/19-20 to the Orlando Grand Hotel for 2 more nigh. when we walked up to the front desk a young lady name Carol which was very professional and proficient in assist us. when returning afew days later show great Hospitality with all Guests that we saw. this type of assist. made our stay very easy. THANK YOU VERY MUCH MS CAROL

I understand that the hotel will be remodel/ renovation soon. with that and the hospitaility that we received we will love to return.
Herbert j

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank herbertj77

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We always enjoy getting positive feedback regarding our staff. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Orlando

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Despite some of the poor reviews I ve been reading, I usually experience things for the first time Myself. In this case I am pleased I did. Despite some stains here and there and a rough elevator ride, things still couldve been alot worse. However, I did have a little trouble gaining entry to the building once out by the pool.
You can tell that this Hotel at one time used to be something of a staple within the area it now sits.
The location was great 5 or 10 minutes away from some great Orlando Tourist attractions. The Staff was also very helpful. The house keeper there Jenny was very helpful and tried Her very best to make sure that I was comfortable in My stay.
Kudos to the Two Front Desk Workers Carol and Taiz for Thier Efforts as well.
The Staff seemed very knowledgeble on the Hotel and its future.
With this Staff this Hotel has great potential and a bright future.
I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kaley S
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Ramada Orlando Grand hotel is always trying to improve the quality of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest we host. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I got this hotel on a blind bid using priceline. After I realized what hotel I was getting I decided to look at the reviews, well to be honest I was TERRIFIED! For weeks I have been nervous about my trip to orlando and this hotel, however once I called to let them know I would be checking in late I spoke with a WONDERFUL front desk women, who upon checking in remembered talking to me (total plus) and was extremely competent and helpful with all my questions. Check in was a simple and I was not surprised by the $5 resort fee or $50 deposit as things like this are standard (resort fees help maintain property and do cosmetic upgrades) and the deposit is just to make sure I don't break or trash anything so I'm 100% okay with that. Now for the room,(the part I was terrified about) Finding it was a slightly confusing since they are putting up new room signs and mine was only penciled in but I found it with no ones help! Once I walked in and had a little trouble finding the light but that was about it other then a few stains on one of the curtains. A/C runs great and just a standard hotel wall unit, bed is comfortable, showers and bathroom are clean everything was in order and nothing in my room from previous guests. I didn't see any bugs, although if I would have seen one I would not have freaked out like most do considering I am from florida and know just how hard it is to keep them outside!! ( florida has a ton of palmetto bugs/giant flying cockroaches that like to live in palm trees and magnolia trees) However not even one to be found!! I Have to say, for $40 a night this place is great! I would recommend this place to anyone on a budget, or young adults looking for a place to stay close to downtown. Downtown (church street and orange) is about a 10 min drive away which I LOVE! If you are an older and looking for a ritz carlton for $40 this is not your place and you should just keep dreaming. For the price I would say it went beyond my expectations and Im happy I didn't cancel my stay at this hotel from the bad reviews. You can't get any closer to downtown for less then this in this nice of a place. The ONLY downside of my room is there was no fan in the bathroom, but that not a big deal light switch was in a odd spot and my room number sign had not been installed yet ( my hallway is being updated currently ) None of these things are that important (at least to me) The upside of things would be THE PRICE, the location to downtown, comfort of the bed, and hot breakfast buffet for $6 (great thing to have after going out and enjoying the town) Also as a side note, universal is only about 15 min away as well. Also I had a non smoking room, and it was in fact smoke free. If you smoke in a non smoking room they will charge you $250 which I think stop a lot of carless people from being carless.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor and was told all king rooms are smoke free which is a plus!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vanessa12177

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Ramada Orlando Grand. We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a success.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

When I first arrived I was a bit worried. It seems some sort of work was being done to Improve the Hotel. Me and My Sister looked at each other like this could be bad or really really bad. But after going through the enormous front lobby We were greeted by the most pleasant of all smiles and a Young Lady by the name of Tiaz. Although We were pronouncing Her name wrong She still managed to humor Us while explaining that the Hotel is under Renovation and that the Staff is Highly motivated in creating a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for Us and all Patrins alike. She made sure that Our room was nice and informed Us on everything We needed to know. Me and My Sister felt like We had Friends at the Grand Hotel thanks to Her. Whew!!

• Stayed: April 2013
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Ramada Downtown Orlando takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest we host. I am glad that your stay with us was a success and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

After checking into this hotel and thinking we would grab some dinner in the hotel restaurant, we were disappointed to learn that they had very few items available as they were waiting to redo the hotel as it was recently bought. The staff was rude and very unaccommodating they kept saying new ownership, while that maybe an excuse it certainly doesn't give you a reason to treat the guests you have poorly

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you were not happy with the service and accommodations at our hotel. I have look into and corrected each and every problem that you listed in your review. Never the less I would like to make things right. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had a Great weekend! I must say that at first we were a little intimidated after reading all the reviews but after meeting the Front desk agent, Taiz, she reassured us that she would make our stay as pleasurable as she could. She also did make us aware of the fact that the hotel is under New mangement and there were upgrades taking place. Over all this hotel is Def. a work in progress.

Room Tip: Stay on the interior part of hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write a review. Ramada Downtown Orlando Hs made massive revelations to all areas of the hotel and guest bedrooms. We are truly glad that your stay with us was a success and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.