“I expected the worst but was pleasantly surprised!”

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #310 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Destin, Florida
“I expected the worst but was pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I got this hotel on a blind bid using priceline. After I realized what hotel I was getting I decided to look at the reviews, well to be honest I was TERRIFIED! For weeks I have been nervous about my trip to orlando and this hotel, however once I called to let them know I would be checking in late I spoke with a WONDERFUL front desk women, who upon checking in remembered talking to me (total plus) and was extremely competent and helpful with all my questions. Check in was a simple and I was not surprised by the $5 resort fee or $50 deposit as things like this are standard (resort fees help maintain property and do cosmetic upgrades) and the deposit is just to make sure I don't break or trash anything so I'm 100% okay with that. Now for the room,(the part I was terrified about) Finding it was a slightly confusing since they are putting up new room signs and mine was only penciled in but I found it with no ones help! Once I walked in and had a little trouble finding the light but that was about it other then a few stains on one of the curtains. A/C runs great and just a standard hotel wall unit, bed is comfortable, showers and bathroom are clean everything was in order and nothing in my room from previous guests. I didn't see any bugs, although if I would have seen one I would not have freaked out like most do considering I am from florida and know just how hard it is to keep them outside!! ( florida has a ton of palmetto bugs/giant flying cockroaches that like to live in palm trees and magnolia trees) However not even one to be found!! I Have to say, for $40 a night this place is great! I would recommend this place to anyone on a budget, or young adults looking for a place to stay close to downtown. Downtown (church street and orange) is about a 10 min drive away which I LOVE! If you are an older and looking for a ritz carlton for $40 this is not your place and you should just keep dreaming. For the price I would say it went beyond my expectations and Im happy I didn't cancel my stay at this hotel from the bad reviews. You can't get any closer to downtown for less then this in this nice of a place. The ONLY downside of my room is there was no fan in the bathroom, but that not a big deal light switch was in a odd spot and my room number sign had not been installed yet ( my hallway is being updated currently ) None of these things are that important (at least to me) The upside of things would be THE PRICE, the location to downtown, comfort of the bed, and hot breakfast buffet for $6 (great thing to have after going out and enjoying the town) Also as a side note, universal is only about 15 min away as well. Also I had a non smoking room, and it was in fact smoke free. If you smoke in a non smoking room they will charge you $250 which I think stop a lot of carless people from being carless.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor and was told all king rooms are smoke free which is a plus!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vanessa12177
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Ramada Orlando Grand. We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a success.

Best Regards

John Cummings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed April 30, 2013

When I first arrived I was a bit worried. It seems some sort of work was being done to Improve the Hotel. Me and My Sister looked at each other like this could be bad or really really bad. But after going through the enormous front lobby We were greeted by the most pleasant of all smiles and a Young Lady by the name of Tiaz. Although We were pronouncing Her name wrong She still managed to humor Us while explaining that the Hotel is under Renovation and that the Staff is Highly motivated in creating a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for Us and all Patrins alike. She made sure that Our room was nice and informed Us on everything We needed to know. Me and My Sister felt like We had Friends at the Grand Hotel thanks to Her. Whew!!

• Stayed April 2013
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Ramada Downtown Orlando takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest we host. I am glad that your stay with us was a success and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After checking into this hotel and thinking we would grab some dinner in the hotel restaurant, we were disappointed to learn that they had very few items available as they were waiting to redo the hotel as it was recently bought. The staff was rude and very unaccommodating they kept saying new ownership, while that maybe an excuse it certainly doesn't give you a reason to treat the guests you have poorly

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you were not happy with the service and accommodations at our hotel. I have look into and corrected each and every problem that you listed in your review. Never the less I would like to make things right. Please feel free to contact me directly.

John Cummings

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had a Great weekend! I must say that at first we were a little intimidated after reading all the reviews but after meeting the Front desk agent, Taiz, she reassured us that she would make our stay as pleasurable as she could. She also did make us aware of the fact that the hotel is under New mangement and there were upgrades taking place. Over all this hotel is Def. a work in progress.

Room Tip: Stay on the interior part of hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write a review. Ramada Downtown Orlando Hs made massive revelations to all areas of the hotel and guest bedrooms. We are truly glad that your stay with us was a success and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Panama City, Fl
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked the kid suite while in town for our nieces bday. We booked 3 nights, barely made it through the first before we were running to a new hotel! This is the most run down, dirty, nasty, just plain Yucky as my kids put it, place we have ever stayed in! The carpets are filthy, the bunk bed is chipped, and has paint peeling off. There were electrical outlets with no covers and my 2 y/o grabbed a handful of wires. The balcony was unusable as it was being painted and full of tools and paint equipment. The window to the balcony had a 2 ft crack that was sharp to the touch. Shower rod broke while my husband was in the shower and it whacked him in the forehead. The bed was so dirty we had to use our own blankets over the top and slept on those. Then when I went to check out 2 days early they tried to charge me a $5.00 per day resort fee! Ha. Will never make this mistake again!

2 Thank iggynbren
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am truly sorry that you had so many issues during your stay with us. I can assure you that guest comfort and safety are our top property. I have worked with the maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure that the items mentioned have been fixed and ask you to contact me directly to make things right.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was the best! The rooms are great, and the pool is amazing espcially the hot tub. I'd like to stay here again at next years event. The inside of the lobby area is great, and the chairs are really comfrontable, this place is geat for a stay. This is the last time i stay here i paid my expenses two days ago was good.?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. The general manager and myself will work with the staff to ensure that the issues you described are corrected and never happen again. I am truly sorry for the issues that you had during your stay and hope that you ca give us a second chance the next time you travel to Orlando.

Best Regards

Lancaster, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I watched the wallpaper peal away from the walls. Old, run down and needs drastic up dates. I travel for business 200 days a year and this is by far the worst hotel I've stayed at. The pictures on their site look good but arn't even close to the real thing. I wouldn't stay here again if they offered it for free! STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Good luck finding even a "good" room here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business