“Grand Hotel”

Ranked #312 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Grand Hotel”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was the best! The rooms are great, and the pool is amazing espcially the hot tub. I'd like to stay here again at next years event. The inside of the lobby area is great, and the chairs are really comfrontable, this place is geat for a stay. This is the last time i stay here i paid my expenses two days ago was good.?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. The general manager and myself will work with the staff to ensure that the issues you described are corrected and never happen again. I am truly sorry for the issues that you had during your stay and hope that you ca give us a second chance the next time you travel to Orlando.

Best Regards

John Cummings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Lancaster, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I watched the wallpaper peal away from the walls. Old, run down and needs drastic up dates. I travel for business 200 days a year and this is by far the worst hotel I've stayed at. The pictures on their site look good but arn't even close to the real thing. I wouldn't stay here again if they offered it for free! STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Good luck finding even a "good" room here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Lincoln Park, New Jersey
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here a little over 2 wks. got here close to end of Jan. I had seen the hotel before from the outside while in FL but this was the 1st time I stayed there. The staff was very friendly, polite & attentive, especially Miss Loretta Thomas from housekeeping, Taiz from the front desk, Andrea from the restaurant whom I usually saw when I went for breakfast & the cook ( I do not remember his name) The hotel may not look like a fancy hotel but it is a nice place to stay & the staff made it all worth while. I like the private balconies & I have no complaints about my room. It was in a location where I had access to everywhere I wanted to go to. What I like about it also is that it is away from the traffic of the hotels that are close together & you can have a nice peaceful night when you return to your room. I will stay there again!!!! I will recommend it to anyone!! My stay was great!! Thank you staff at Orlando Grand Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fifth floor have a better view of everything.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is my first time writing a review and from my experience with the hotel was good. I like that I was able to use the wifi with no problem. The rooms were clean the lenin was clean. Te staff made sure we had all that we needed. The front desk staff was very inviting, they made me feel welcomed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Like Melody K, this is the first time I write a review, I hope this will help other travellers not to make the wrong choice as I did.
What we require for a hotel is a clean room with wifi. To our disappointment, the room we had was dark (only with small lamps) and very filthy. Most of the time the wifi was not working. We saw cockroach running on the corridor. It's the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Should I have read the reviews more seriously before I booked, I would not have made this mistake.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Room was great front desk staff was very helpful and friendly! I would come here every time I want to get away :-). Food was great love how every room has a balcony and its so convenient if u just want to sit outside your room and get a good view

• Stayed April 2013
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a week while relocating to Orlando. It's a older building and it has charm with a nice lobby, pool, resturant, piano bar and more I sure but I didn't get around to all of it. There were area that were not that clean (like leaves on the carpet at the side entry door) but I paid no attention. They are updating the rooms and were clean with all the amenities ... iron, hair dryer, fridge, safe, but no coffee pot. The staff was friendly. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business