“Everything about this place STINKS!”

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #310 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I want to state this before I review: I have never left a review on anything before, but this place was so bad I just have to! I Booked my trip through Expedia (shame on you Expedia!). After booking I noticed there was a $5 per accommodation per night fee. At 8 nights for my husband and I, that's an extra $80. Ridiculous! I purposely paid for the first night even though we wouldn't be there till after midnight because I wanted our King Room that I had requested reserved without any issues. After a long night of flights being delayed, we arrived at 7:30 in the morning with no sleep. I had called before we arrived and asked for a refrigerator and a crib/pack and play for my 11 month old. I checked in, got my key and was told my pack and play would be delivered. I went to my room. The first thing I noticed was how dingy and outdated it was (and stunk). The second thing I noticed was my room was not a king. It was a double. I was too tired. And at 7:30 in the morning there were construction workers outside working on our "beautiful" view of the parking lot and parkway. To drowned out the noise I turned the air conditioner on. Every 30 seconds the air conditioner would make this awful metal grinding sound that would last a few seconds. I couldn't sleep like this,even exhausted. I went to the front desk and told them I had requested and prepaid KING room. They gave it away because we didn't show up by 3am. They said we could move when one opened up after housekeeping that day. Fine. I asked for my pack and play again. It will be delivered I was told. Fine. I mentioned the refrigerator. Was told it would be delivered. Fine. I asked that they please give me any other room at that moment because of the loud air conditioner. They moved me to the next double bed room down. Fine. We fell asleep. When we woke up we discovered the bathroom door didn't close which was no fun with a crawling baby. Exposed wires, no fun with baby. And the air conditioners fan worked, but not the cooling aspect. Awesome (sarcasm). We never got our pack and play. We never got our refrigerator. We were never moved to a King. So my husband and I shared a bed with a baby the entire week so he could sleep in the middle of us and not fall off the bad. Thanks Orlando Grand! (more sarcasm). The only respectable thing they did was not charge me the $80 accommodation fees when we checked out. That was it!! No free breakfast, slow wifi, smelly dingy place in a horrible location overlooking the interstate on one side and a parkway on the other. Walking down the hallways and you could hear what everyone was doing or watching in their rooms. Just awful. Absolutely awful! The pictures don't look that bad, they are very deceiving (other than the lobby..that was the nicest place).

Room Tip: I highly doubt there are any good rooms!
1  Thank Melody K
Grando_13, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

We thank you for the feed back, its very helpful towards the improvement of this hotel. We have a new management and new owner ship. The owner has been making a lot of positive improvement within a month of this ownership, its a "Work in Progress ".
We are really sorry for the inconvenice that you have experienced during your stay. Your review, has come to our attention and we have taken action . If you are in this area again please give us chance to serve you. Thank You .

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The receptionist/bartender were nice. The rooms are old but not enough for me to think it as gross being that we were only going to be there at night. The beds/pillows were VERY comfortable to my liking, firm! The bathroom was clean, a bit old but clean. The shower head to me was amazing... One thing you need after a LONG day out is a shower with HOT water that spray out like as if your back just had a massage.. not kidding.. I LOVED it! The hotel reception said that they are under renovation which was nice to hear because the building is old looking... BUT, it is not as bad as people are reviewing.. I am happy about that because I travel with my kids and I look forward to reading the reviews to help me make my decisions effectively... So, if you are looking for a five star atmosphere on a 0 star budget, this place is not it but for the price I liked it and so did my kids...

Room Tip: If you do not like elevators as I do not, you would enter the hotel on the second floor and their ar...
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We live on the gulf coast of Florida and decided to take our kids to Orlando for Spring Break. We aren't that rich and wanted to spend more money on activities than the hotel room itself. Well, you get what you pay for.

There is a sign on the wall by the elevators that tells you what floor has all the fun stuff. For example, part of the reason I booked this hotel was because it said there was a kids theaters/game room and a fitness center on the 4th floor. Well, the fitness center is 2 very old treadmills and 2 stationary bikes. The game room/kids theater doesn't even exist anymore. The room is locked and you can't even look in the windows or anything because they've drawn up all the blinds. OK.

Then I wanted to take the kids down to the "kiddie pool". Looks wonderful in the pictures. However, I think the kids would have more fun if I filled up the bathtub.

Speaking of tubs, when I tried to take a shower the first morning, it seems as though the tub itself wasn't put in properly and water collects underneath it, I guess between the tub in the floor. It's basically like standing on a raft in the water and trying to take a shower. The whole floor moves around and if you go to one end the whole tubs moves against the wall and water squirts out. Interesting.

I also have never stayed in a hotel room that didn't have a refrigerator. So that may just be my fault, because I didn't make a point to find out about that before I booked. So that meant spending more money to eat out at every meal.

The only nice part of the entire place is the 2nd floor. It has the check in desk with a nice furniture and a small bar with a piano. There is also a little gift shop so you can pick up the essentials.

I can't say anything about the restaurant because when I was there at 5:30 Sunday evening, it wasn't open. The sports lounge, Sideliners, is also permanently closed, which means, those drinks by the pool they talk about on their page, lies.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel, and are OK with questionable quality sleeping arrangements, this is definitely for you.

Room Tip: Ask before you pay if they have want you want, both in the room and in the hotel itself.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

we have read your review and we have noted the points of improvement for our success towards guest satisfaction. We have recently had new owner ship and new management. We have been putting a lot of effort to get this property fully operational and fully functioning. Now we have special dinner menus and we have also have plans to get the sports bar up and running.
We have tighten the maintenance and the housekeeping inorder to proved a noise free and clean environment.
We do appoloigzes for your inconvenice that you have exprienced during your stay. Please do give us one more shot and we will make sure that you are satisfied with your furture stay.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our first impression was when we opened the door to our room it smelled kind of like wet dirty tennis shoes !!!! We were tired from driving 500 miles today My Wife decided to paint her toe nails and cover the smell with the strong odors of the nail polish and she fell asleep. I decide to put a couple sodas in the fridge I opened the door to find it did not work nor did the microwave oven. I look behind them and discover they have never been plugged in as in the factory installed tape is still holding the plugs to the back side of both appliances. there was only one plug outlet available because the TV is plugged up in the second outlet. so I go to get some ice found it by the laundry room which was really dark because the lights do not function in that area so if you want to do laundry you need a flashlight. so being a laid back easy going kind of guy I decide I will just go to the bar and have a beer they did not have bud light. I had a nasty old miller lite went to the room to watch TV which went out while in mid program. I get on the computer to write this review and found out it and the phone did not work either I hacked Ramada Inns internet connection to write this review

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel on Booking.com for a very low price.. The pictures of the hotel looked good online , once we arrived I was shocked because on the outside it looks so old worn out ! HOWEVER, it is so nice in the inside and the customer service is amazing ! The room was big, nice , and clean! I paid $54 for one night so the price was great! I didn't have a chance to go to the buffet or the bar but I did have a great stay ! My favorite part was the location , so convenient ! I will definitely stay there again when in town!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Juliana09
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel was very clean, price was great and no hassle at all. Made reservation at the last minute and was accommodated well. Will definitely return. Great for a one night stay or even up to a week stay. Nice facility.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 15, 2013

So I have been a flight attendant for over 10 years. I have deffinantly stayed in my fair share of hotels. Well to say the least if you would like to experience the Bates Motel, you will love this place.

1. Pubes all over the bathroom counter, I guess they figure we could floss our teeth with them.

2. I found a ladies stick on finger nail in my bed.

3. My sheets were stained

4. The wallpaper in my lovely abode was not just peeling, it seems to be caving in with the rest of this place.

I am scheduled to be here for 3 more days. But needless to say I running out of here as a bed bug would do if they saw pest control arrive.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Joey H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
5 mi away
Marriott Orlando Downtown
#269 of 340 in Orlando
Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall
Ramada Kissimmee Downtown Hotel

Been to Ramada Orlando Downtown? Share your experiences!