“Horrible Hotel very nice looking outside. Bad on the inside” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Orlando Downtown

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #312 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Horrible Hotel very nice looking outside. Bad on the inside”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our first impression was when we opened the door to our room it smelled kind of like wet dirty tennis shoes !!!! We were tired from driving 500 miles today My Wife decided to paint her toe nails and cover the smell with the strong odors of the nail polish and she fell asleep. I decide to put a couple sodas in the fridge I opened the door to find it did not work nor did the microwave oven. I look behind them and discover they have never been plugged in as in the factory installed tape is still holding the plugs to the back side of both appliances. there was only one plug outlet available because the TV is plugged up in the second outlet. so I go to get some ice found it by the laundry room which was really dark because the lights do not function in that area so if you want to do laundry you need a flashlight. so being a laid back easy going kind of guy I decide I will just go to the bar and have a beer they did not have bud light. I had a nasty old miller lite went to the room to watch TV which went out while in mid program. I get on the computer to write this review and found out it and the phone did not work either I hacked Ramada Inns internet connection to write this review

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel on Booking.com for a very low price.. The pictures of the hotel looked good online , once we arrived I was shocked because on the outside it looks so old worn out ! HOWEVER, it is so nice in the inside and the customer service is amazing ! The room was big, nice , and clean! I paid $54 for one night so the price was great! I didn't have a chance to go to the buffet or the bar but I did have a great stay ! My favorite part was the location , so convenient ! I will definitely stay there again when in town!

2 Thank Juliana09
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel was very clean, price was great and no hassle at all. Made reservation at the last minute and was accommodated well. Will definitely return. Great for a one night stay or even up to a week stay. Nice facility.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

So I have been a flight attendant for over 10 years. I have deffinantly stayed in my fair share of hotels. Well to say the least if you would like to experience the Bates Motel, you will love this place.

1. Pubes all over the bathroom counter, I guess they figure we could floss our teeth with them.

2. I found a ladies stick on finger nail in my bed.

3. My sheets were stained

4. The wallpaper in my lovely abode was not just peeling, it seems to be caving in with the rest of this place.

I am scheduled to be here for 3 more days. But needless to say I running out of here as a bed bug would do if they saw pest control arrive.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joey H

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at the Orlando Grand Hotel for a few nights, but ended up moving to my girlfriends place because it was too far away of a commute. The staff was VERY helpful! My flight was canceled and the earliest flight I could get on was on the next morning, and the staff took care of everything, and they were very nice when I checked out early.
When you first walk in the lobby is pretty impressive. It's nice and there are plenty of places to sit. Check in time isn't until 3 pm, so that can be a down side. Also the restaurant has very odd hours (at least in my opinion) so I didn't get a chance to eat there. There's a little store that was open and had drinks and sandwiches.
I got checked in and everything, and I went to my room. It was a cute enough room, with a nice balcony. From what I saw, every room had a balcony. There was a lot of rust that I noticed, but no mold anywhere. A lot of the furnishing looked older, but that was no problem. I think most of the damage in the room looks to be from humidity, with the window/balcony door being open on really humid days. Everything was clean and it was a nice place to stay.
I wish I had had a chance to go to the pool because it looked great, and there was a hot tub as well. It's older and doesn't have anything within walking distance, but as long as you don't mind that, it's a nice, cheap place to stay.
There was a lot of traffic noise. It wasn't very quiet, but noise doesn't bother me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Valerie P
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

It came in handy at last minute for my husband and i with great customer service and pricing.Everything that was presented online was expected and exceeded that.We loved it and definately would come back again.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I came to Orlando for my Birthday weekend with my family. I really have to thank Jennifer for giving me information about good restaurants and clubs in the area she was very helpful!! Thank you so much Jennifer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family