Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd.
Ranked #238 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Great budget hotel with everything you need. Excellent location

• Stayed: February 2010

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Few months ago, I had to plan one week holiday vacation for Orlando with my friends. That was our first trip to Orlando and we could not plan anything about accommodation or where to stay because we all were new.

We were too excited to see Walt Disney World as well as theme park attraction, Mickey Mouse, all-around Orlando thrives with dozens of powerhouse attractions unrelated to fabled Disney entertainment. So finally we had to find cheap Disney resorts or hotels for comfortable stay with nice amenities.

Then I called up my friend (Jenny) who guided me about worldwide hotels booking portals at reasonable rates. He provided me a list of hotels booking websites such as Hotels2stay.net, Expedia .com, hotelbooking.com, makemytrip.com. After that I visited through the sites given by him and compared hotel rates. We found some of the hotels in our budget listed at Hotels2stay.net and finally we booked Hotel Days Inn - Orlando (Sea World) Orlando. The hotel amenities were excellent and really it was our wonderful experience in Orlando. We all of us satisfied with hotel services. Thanks to hotels2stay as well as my lovely friend Jenny who provided me such kind of useful website for online hotels booking.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2010

The customer service is terrible. For what it's worth, I'm 28 and my husband is 32 and we are young, NOT complaining people who come to a hotel and expect paradise. We were visiting Universal's Halloween horror nights with our family and expected a room to sleep in and that's it. We called and advised we would check in late. When we arrived at 2am, the front desk was closed. We had to bang on the front doors like a robbery. The front desk was SLEEPING!! Ugh. So tired after a long road trip we were upset as we checked into our room – standing outside for 20 mins before we got let in.

Another problem is the housekeeping. There is housekeeping once a week, so if you need anything (like shampoo or a towel or anything) – you will not get it. I personally asked the front desk and she flat out told me they didn’t have shampoo. So rude about it.

The rooms are clean and just like a little studio with a FULL kitchen. We didn’t use anything in there but it felt like a nice little beach studio. Nice bathroom, clean bed.

This hotel is a 2 minute drive from Universal and Islands of Adventure. Wendys, Burger King and Walgreens are around the corner.

Their customer service really brings this rating down. What a shame.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We booked this hotel because of its proximity to Universal Studios and its price. It was affordable and close to the parks but the staff was very rude to us and our room was "ok." The room was bearable but there were stains and odors that were kind of gross, especially around the bathroom. We asked to change rooms but they were overbooked and had absolutely NOTHING. Plus if you plan to arrive late when they are overbooked expect to find NO PARKING. On one night there was literally not one parking spot available. There is also a fire station across the street so be prepared to hear sirens throughout the night. They need to retrain their staff and work on their customer service if they want their guests to return. Don't think I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank koodos21234
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel on 3 trips to Orlando over the last few years and I was always very please. I stayed for a week in June 2010 and was not very happy. I had reserved a non-smoking, handicapped accessible room. When I arrived at 6PM I was told there was no non-smoking room available and if I wanted h/c I would have to pay $20 a night more than the rate I was quoted (on their website). I showed my copy of the reservation clearly showing what I had booked but that made no difference. So I spent the first night in the room they gave me. The next morning I spoke to the manager and he gave me a much nicer room plus deducted $10 from my nightly charge. That was great. However, the a/c in the new room leaked all over the carpeting the entire time I was there and all they did was put towels down on the carpet. I can only imagine the mold that is growing in that carpet that is constantly soaked.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank LNH7
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My brother and stayed at ExtendedStay Deluxe for our trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! We got a great deal on the room and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The rooms were very clean, the staff extremely nice, and the location perfect. We walked to the park to avoid spending money on parking and were pleased that the hotel was so close. We will definitely stay here again !

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank WhitneyElizabeth
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I was a bit afraid because it was a great value, therefore I had no expectative for the quality of the rooms. I knew it was a clean hotel and that was the only thing that mattered since I was going to be at the parks all day. Fortunately it was better than expected. Large rooms, great bed, clean bathroom and kitchen, the TV was old, but I wasn´t there for the TV. The only thing that bothered me a bit was that there was no personel other than security available at night and has no safe in the room. The rest, just what I needed.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family