“GREAT! Highly recommend for Universal Studios visitors”

Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd.
Ranked #232 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“GREAT! Highly recommend for Universal Studios visitors”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We are enjoying our extended stay here in the process of relocating to Orlando. Our room is VERY clean ... no issues. This hotel is walking distance to Universal Studios which is very convenient. We checked out several of the "inns" and "suites" nearby and THIS hotel is definitely the best value. The check-in staff is amazing and I would give each one a gold star for their genuine care and concern, and including the housekeeping staff. Each person always greeted us with a friendly "Hello!' or "Good Morning!' The towel exchange routine has been a pleasure. The Grab & Go Breakfast is exactly as it is pictured on the website ... muffins, breakfast bars, instant oatmeal, yogurt, fresh oranges, coffee and juice. Remember though that the rooms have a FULL KITCHEN including oven and dishwasher, NOT a kitchenette, so some people do cook daily. That is a tremendous savings if you're going to stay more than a couple of days or have a few kids to feed. The park food is generally so-so and rather expensive to feed a family three meals a day. While this is a pet friendly hotel, I'm aware of only one room with a dog - which I only heard bark twice in a week. S/He is on the 1st floor and we are on the 2nd floor. Once in a while you might hear some very excited children (talking loud, giggling, etc either very early or late evening) ... but hey - this hotel caters to the park visitors, so what else would you expect? The laundry facilities are open 24/7 with good size newer machines. The dryer actually dries your clothes in 45 min. including jeans, no need for extra coins. The free WiFi saves me data usage $$$ on my cell phone bill. (!!!) In closing, I cannot say enough about the staff. THEY are what makes this place special.THANK YOU!!!!!

Room Tip: ASK TO SEE YOUR ROOM FIRST OR ASK FOR A CHOICE! They will gladly show you the rooms that are availab...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your clean room, our great location and our wonderful staff during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your fully equipped kitchen, our laundry facilities and our free Wi-Fi. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Upon check in we were given a broken cart for the luggage. Once we found the elevator and reached our floor the heat and the smell of the hotel could knock u off your feet. The hallway was dirty and grimy. We got in our room and we found large stains all over sheet and blankets. The bathroom looked likebit was cleanedwith spit. The door to the bbathroom wouldn't close and when it did u had to break it down to get out. The bathroom sink was broken. The kitchen had dirty silverware and the coffee pot leaked I went downstairs and requested clean sheets the girl at the desk said the room could not be cleaned till am but she moved us to another room all the way downstairs. Once we madebit into that room it was a little better. Clean sheets and cleaner room. The only issues with this room besides the people above us that we complain about every night and nothing was done about was the dirty pull out sofa and burnt coffee pot.

The staff recommended I was my own towels when they had none to exchange. Oh yea..u want clean stuff you have to take it all the way to the front desk to exhange. So when I wanted to wash the towels I had to go purchase laundry soap since the front desk and vending machine was out. The grab and go breakfast was horrible and the coffee machine was out of order. I will nnever stay at this hotel again. Save the headache and try some place else.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank jmarsh89
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was not up to standard when you checked in and our staff did not provide you with great service. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed this with my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please contact me directly, at oun@extendedstay.com, should you have any additional questions or concerns. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotel locations in the future.
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. It is very clean. The beds are so comfortable and the linen was clean. The bathroom and kitchen was extra clean. Also It smelled nice and clean The staff was great. I didn't see any pets in the hallways,which is a plus for me. The last experience I had with a hotel I ran into this big dog in the hallway and the owner of the dog seem to not have full control. I had to tell her in a nice way ma'am please get your dog. I most definitely would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Lisa - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the level of cleanliness in your room. As well, I am glad that you found it to be comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I was just staying the night at this hotel for business but would stay again. The room is very big with a nice little kitchen area that if I was here longer I would definitely take advantage of. The location is close to I drive and Universal Studios. I wish my stay was longer because it's quite comfortable. I have four stars instead of 5 because of the breakfast. It's just a little area with muffins and granola cars. I would expect an extended stay place to have better options. But again I would stay here in the future!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank skoteach32
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this review, May 22, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your spacious, comfortable room and our convenient location. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The staff was warm & welcoming & very friendly.. The manager Kee was very helpful & friendly making my family feel very welcome. The hotel was clean & my room was excellent.. I would stay here again..

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Sony001
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked the friendly, warm service our staff provided and the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

The room was fine, but our card keys stopped working three times. Shower faucet stopped working THREE times and the "for pay" printer was out of order for over a week. Breakfast was hit or miss, no milk, yogurt occasionally otherwise the cooler was empty. There rarely seemed enough for guests arriving after 8am

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We planned this trip the day before we checked in and made the best choice ever!!! The room was huge... There were 6 of us and we all slept comfortably and even had room for one extra person!!! Guest service was excellent, the room was clean and because we are all smart phone users we really appreciated the free wifi!!! Overall our stay was AWESOME!!!

• Stayed November 2013