Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd.
Ranked #237 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the second time I stay at Extended Stay Hotels. My first experience was fantastic, so I decided to try this chain in Orlando. I was staying here for a convention that was down the street in the Double Tree. I was not disappointed! The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was large enough for everyone in my party. Everything was clean and in good working order. Having a kitchen in the room was a life saver! Buying groceries was cheaper than dining out in the Orlando area. Great value for the money. Great location (right across Universal Studios, you can walk to the park and save on parking.) International drive is really close by too. There was remodeling going on on the third floor when I was there, but I never heard noise and didn't see any construction that hindered my stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maria B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Maria - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As well, I am glad that you found our rooms to be spacious and clean. We are proud to be able to offer this to all of our guests.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were looking for a cheap week in Orlando and Extended Stay Deluxe came up as a budget-friendly option.

If you're looking for somewhere you can relax, chill by the pool and walk to lots of great restaurants - this maybe isn't for you. However, if you just want a room to crash in between hectic, fun-filled days - this is a great bargain!

Our room was a good size, with a kitchenette (fridge-freezer, hob, kettle etc) and bathroom. The decor was quite dated but clean enough. As our stay was only one week, we didn't qualify for any housekeeping (unless we wanted to pay an additional charge) but we managed fine without - and there are laundry facilities if you want to wash your towels etc.

There was a TGIs in walking distance and Universal/Citywalk could be reached in around 15 minutes walk (at a fair pace) but other than that, I'd recommend hiring a car.

We missed having a safe in our room and a balcony/pool or anywhere to sit out but if you're heading to parks every day you probably won't have time for this anyway!

Overall, this was a good bargain, but there are nicer places to stay if your budget allows...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank theonlychilduk
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about our rooms; however, we apologize that you found some items in your room to be dated. I am happy to share with you that we are in the process of refreshing our rooms with new furniture and carpet. We hope that you will return to our hotel so you can see these improvements and give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great value for money, specially for long stays, very convenient location, staff very amiable and helpful.
During our stay they were renovating the furniture of the rooms which generated some noise, but we consider this as a positive fact that will improved the comfort of future guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Celso A C
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great value for money, excellent location on the better side of I-Drive great restaurants within minutes by foot. Hotel itself clean good sized rooms friendly staff great kitchen, stayed here twice
also tried 2 other similar hotels but not nearly as good as this.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank wingfo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Location was great, in walking distance for Universal Studio's.
Quite big rooms with kitchen,
The breakfast incl. was with a very small choices.
If you don't need a lot of services the hotel is good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our location being within walking distance of Universal Studio's. It is also so pleasing to know that you found our guest rooms to be spacious and got to take advantage of our grab and go breakfast. This is new for our company and we are constantly updating the choices. Thank you for your feedback on this feature.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Let me start by saying that I thought this review would be quite different than it turned out.
First the bad. We had a confirmed reservation at the Extended Stay America around the corner. That hotel was over booked despite a confirmed reservation and the hotel had moved our reservation to this property. The resevattion we had was at a reduced rate but the lady at the check in desk said she could not honor that and that I would have to take it up with the manager in the morning. Next we had reserved a non smoking room. When we went to our room there was an ash tray in the room and there was a smell of cigarette smoke. When I asked about it , I was told that that was the only room they had. Again I was told that any compensation would have to be worked out with the manager.
Now the good. First, other than the smoke smell which was not that bad once we were in the room the room was very clean , the beds were comfortable, shower had adequate pressure. The grab and go breakfast , (muffins, coffee, and Yogurt) was Ok. When I talked to the manager in the morning he was extremely pleasant and understanding. First he instantly credited me with the discount and secondly explained that my room should have been a non smoking room and that there should not have been an ash tray in the room as that was one of 4 rooms on that floor designated as non smoking. He was still sympathic and offered me a be my guest coupon for a future vist which I thought was more that reasonable considering that the reservation mess up was not his fault and the fact that somebody had been smoking in a non smoking room was not all his fault either.
My recommendation is book this property instead of the Extended Stay America. The rooms are a great value and are cleaner and more comfortable than any of the other hotels I have stayed at in Orlando or Kissimmee that are in the less than $100.00 price range. The management is very receptive. I will definitely stay here again when I go to Universal.
One last note . The mangager did indicate that the entire property will be made non smoking in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My BF and I made our first trip to Orlando in March and we selected Extended Stay Hotel. The hotel is within walking distance to Universal Studios ( 40-45 mins and normal pace) . Junk food is easily accessible ; Wendy's, BK, and a few others on Kirkman Road. If you want to walk to International drive I would strongly advise against it.. It's a heck of a walk. Also bear in mind that if it rains you don't want to have to walk long distances before you can arrive at your hotel.

I would recommend the car for days that it rains and for night time adventure hunting. Also ensure you have a GPS( lifesaver).

Ok.. back to the hotel. Its very basic, the couch in the room had several stain marks on it. The carpet seemed old and poorly maintained. The room also had an "old" smell that we could not get rid of despite the amount of air freshener we used.

Breakfast was a waste as it was only muffins, yougurt, chewy bars,coffee and oatmeal packs offered. Nevertheless, we learnt quickly and stocked up on food from Walmart.

Overall, it wasn't overbearing probably because we stayed out all day and only went to the hotel to sleep.
On our next trip, we will opt to spend extra on someplace nicer.

Hope this helped..

Room Tip: Ground Floor seemed to be noisy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple