“good value x locations”

Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd.
Ranked #239 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Sao Paulo
“good value x locations”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great value for money, specially for long stays, very convenient location, staff very amiable and helpful.
During our stay they were renovating the furniture of the rooms which generated some noise, but we consider this as a positive fact that will improved the comfort of future guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Celso A C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great value for money, excellent location on the better side of I-Drive great restaurants within minutes by foot. Hotel itself clean good sized rooms friendly staff great kitchen, stayed here twice
also tried 2 other similar hotels but not nearly as good as this.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wingfo
Luxembourg
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Location was great, in walking distance for Universal Studio's.
Quite big rooms with kitchen,
The breakfast incl. was with a very small choices.
If you don't need a lot of services the hotel is good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our location being within walking distance of Universal Studio's. It is also so pleasing to know that you found our guest rooms to be spacious and got to take advantage of our grab and go breakfast. This is new for our company and we are constantly updating the choices. Thank you for your feedback on this feature.

JOHNSTOWN
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Let me start by saying that I thought this review would be quite different than it turned out.
First the bad. We had a confirmed reservation at the Extended Stay America around the corner. That hotel was over booked despite a confirmed reservation and the hotel had moved our reservation to this property. The resevattion we had was at a reduced rate but the lady at the check in desk said she could not honor that and that I would have to take it up with the manager in the morning. Next we had reserved a non smoking room. When we went to our room there was an ash tray in the room and there was a smell of cigarette smoke. When I asked about it , I was told that that was the only room they had. Again I was told that any compensation would have to be worked out with the manager.
Now the good. First, other than the smoke smell which was not that bad once we were in the room the room was very clean , the beds were comfortable, shower had adequate pressure. The grab and go breakfast , (muffins, coffee, and Yogurt) was Ok. When I talked to the manager in the morning he was extremely pleasant and understanding. First he instantly credited me with the discount and secondly explained that my room should have been a non smoking room and that there should not have been an ash tray in the room as that was one of 4 rooms on that floor designated as non smoking. He was still sympathic and offered me a be my guest coupon for a future vist which I thought was more that reasonable considering that the reservation mess up was not his fault and the fact that somebody had been smoking in a non smoking room was not all his fault either.
My recommendation is book this property instead of the Extended Stay America. The rooms are a great value and are cleaner and more comfortable than any of the other hotels I have stayed at in Orlando or Kissimmee that are in the less than $100.00 price range. The management is very receptive. I will definitely stay here again when I go to Universal.
One last note . The mangager did indicate that the entire property will be made non smoking in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
POS
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My BF and I made our first trip to Orlando in March and we selected Extended Stay Hotel. The hotel is within walking distance to Universal Studios ( 40-45 mins and normal pace) . Junk food is easily accessible ; Wendy's, BK, and a few others on Kirkman Road. If you want to walk to International drive I would strongly advise against it.. It's a heck of a walk. Also bear in mind that if it rains you don't want to have to walk long distances before you can arrive at your hotel.

I would recommend the car for days that it rains and for night time adventure hunting. Also ensure you have a GPS( lifesaver).

Ok.. back to the hotel. Its very basic, the couch in the room had several stain marks on it. The carpet seemed old and poorly maintained. The room also had an "old" smell that we could not get rid of despite the amount of air freshener we used.

Breakfast was a waste as it was only muffins, yougurt, chewy bars,coffee and oatmeal packs offered. Nevertheless, we learnt quickly and stocked up on food from Walmart.

Overall, it wasn't overbearing probably because we stayed out all day and only went to the hotel to sleep.
On our next trip, we will opt to spend extra on someplace nicer.

Hope this helped..

Room Tip: Ground Floor seemed to be noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Twisha H
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed with my family (wife and 3 sons) during 9 days at this hotel. We had an excellent stay for an excellent cost. Good location, clean, large and confortable room. Could have a better WIFI signal in the room.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank PassionTravelerRJ
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Hotel is clean, rooms are spacious and well appointed, the staff is friendly and the location is fantastic, close to Universal Studios and outlets. Its very confortable and ideal for a family trip, I recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family