Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd.
Ranked #238 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I took my family to this hotel for Christmas vacation. The hotel is a very nice place to stay and has a great location to just about everything you need or want to do in Orlando. The location of the this hotel is very safe. The service is very professional and polite; they will take care of you for anything that you need. For example, my wife wanted more towels. The service brought quickly to our room towels AND extra pillows. My only problem with this place is the breakfast. Even though they offer breakfast, it is not breakfast. It is more like a morning snack- Yogurt, muffins, and bagels. You are better off going to a grocery store to cook breakfast than eating at the hotel's breakfast. Another thing is that this hotel is pet friendly; however, you will pay an extra $25 a night per pet.
As for the room, it was clean, neat, and comfortable for the most part. The only problem I had was the bed. When I slept on the bed in my room (room 221), I felt that the bed was hard. Don't get me wrong, I acquired great nights of sleep, but I wish the bed was more comfortable. If you feel like you can't sleep on the bed, I would recommend sleeping on the recliner if the room has one. I passed out immediately on one and received an excellent night sleep. The room I had also had a refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, sink, and stove. If you want to cut costs of food, I would recommend looking for a grocery store and buying food to cook.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in Orlando.

Room Tip: If you want to save money on food, bring at least a pot or two. You can go to the grocery store and...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear BlackOut1983:

I appreciate you taking the time to write such detail review about you December stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with the hotel cleanliness as well as the quality of service our staff provided. You will be pleased to know that thanks to guest requests like yours, we are now offering a wider variety of breakfast items. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Sincerely, Axel Adarve

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I couldn't be more disappointed! I spent more than 2thousand dollars at this hotel, I had to unclog my own toilet, got yelled, yes, yelled!, by the manager for clogging and fixing! Got told I smoke, when I don't, I just had to light diff smells due to the smelly accident in the bathroom.She frightened me so much in my own room, I told her YES, I smoked..because her eyes were eating my brains already. Therefore had to pay $250 in 3 hrs.. Early in the morning I caught the Manager Tasha and another lady talking about the peoples routine, who usually leaves the hotel during the day, who doesn't.. I felt so violated!
All this hurricane started when the Manager found out Im from another country,... I could tell she has no patience with foreign people! She scared me!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisa t
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear lisa t:

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am deeply sorry that you had a poor experience at our hotel. I have discussed your comments with all members of our staff and corrective measures have been put in place. Please contact me directly at aadarve@extendedstay.com if you would like to discuss further.

Sincerely, Axel Adarve

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Aside from the unwelcome reception (because we used hotwire) this place was a great value. Be aware that if you book for 2 people using hotwire or priceline they will try to give you a room with only one bed even if theres 2 guys sharing. They then try to charge you $30 per night to upgrade to 2 double beds which is almost what Inpaid for the room itself! The rooms are spacious and offer a nice mini kitchen. Its very close to universal and I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Fayaz A
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at Extended Stay Deluxe on 5610 Vine land Rd. for 1 whole week. I Enjoyed my stay here. I will definetly be going back here again for much longer the next time. There are so many comments I have read what other people had to say about the hotel. Some of them were not very good. These people want a lot. They need to realize its not their home its a hotel. Its a wonderful place to stay with everything included. You can't go wrong. The room was perfect. Everything in the room was perfect. The staff are great people. I would recommend this place to anyone to stay here.Thank you so much for a wonderful Hospiltality. Everything was in walking distance. I just wish we had more time here. We were here after Hurricane sandy, so we didn't get time to swim cause the pool was closed and a little cool for swimming. Maybe next time.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor. It was great. I loved it here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nikeesha
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Extended stay Deluxe Hotel on 5610 Vineland Road in Orlando, Florida for a week.
I stayed on the 3rd floor, the room was awesome, clean and quiet all the time. Nobody bothering me at all. The room had everything I needed. I didn't have to ask for a thing, and the staff is very nice . I read some bad comments on this hotel and i knew from the get go the comments were untrue. If you expect more from a Hotel that gets used all the time and it to be like your house then you need to stay home and complain there, not about this hotel, because it's not your house.I would advise this place to anyone, and I will be back for sure in the near future.

Room Tip: stay on the third floor, I did and I loved it a lot.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The rooms are just OK, very roomy with a full kitchen though(stove,fridge,dishwasher, and microwave). Faint smell of mold in the room but tolerable. There continental breakfast was pretty lame. They should also fire there carpet cleaner as the high traffic areas were pretty dirty. The location is great $6-$7 cab ride to the park which round trip is cheaper and easier than driving/ parking yourself. We booked through hotwire for $35 a night so overall we got a great deal but wouldn't pay much more that to stay there. It had us wondering what was so deluxe about the Extended Stay Deluxe?!?

• Stayed: September 2012
Ed S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry you found a faint smell of mold in your room and dirty corridor carpets in the hotel. In response to your feedback, our staff will be much more aware of these issues when they arise and will resolve them quickly. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional comments, please reach out to me at aadarve@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here 5 nights and I was impressed by the cleanliness of my room. For the price, it can't be beat; most other hotels in the area cost more (some charge a fee for parking or wifi too) and don't have the same well-equipped kitchen. It was a good 30 minute walk to Universal Studios but I enjoyed the exercise and saved a ton on parking fees.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the swimming pool (away from the busy street and fire station).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo