Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd.
Ranked #238 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here 5 nights and I was impressed by the cleanliness of my room. For the price, it can't be beat; most other hotels in the area cost more (some charge a fee for parking or wifi too) and don't have the same well-equipped kitchen. It was a good 30 minute walk to Universal Studios but I enjoyed the exercise and saved a ton on parking fees.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the swimming pool (away from the busy street and fire station).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank qat

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were in Orlando last july to visit Universal Studios and Harry Potter attraction. We have chosen this hotel for his proximity with the park. The studio was OK. We were three and we had a double bed and a couch. It was clean. I tried to go in swimming pool after visiting the park (at 9h05 PM) but the pool was already closed. They should know that people stay until the closure of Universal Park and with the very hot weather, would like to try the pool after their long day. The day after, for the breakfast, there was no milk and no juice, only coffee, nothing for kids except apple sauce. No more bagels, only few muffins and they call that deluxe breakfast. They should at least have somethong to drink for the kids. So, a great location, good price, but they could do more for the families.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Excellent Hotel. Very clean and simple, Close to everything in Orlando. Several shops and restaurants in the area including Ale House (Sports Bar) and the Road House (Steah House). The room I stayed in was a Studio with a little kitchenette. The room was facing the pool directly. Everything looked and was very clean at the hotel. Next time in Orlando I know where to stay and the most important just paid $59 + Tax-Total came up to around $67.00. Good place to stay in Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Carlitico
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here for a month on business and it was an overall good experience. The staff is amazing, helped me get reliable/safe taxis, recommended yummy restaurants and attended to my every need. The room was comfy and clean. What everyone said about the breakfast is true but I found it convenient to have a grab and go breakfast on my way out the door before work. The hotel is close to anything you would need walking or driving. Only downside was that I got a room with barking dogs next to me for about a week but it wasn't a major issue. Maybe ask for a room away from pets if this would annoy you. I can't comment on the price as the company paid for my stay. Overall, this is a safe bet and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The hotel was okay for the money. Tee best thing is that it was located really close to Universal, definitely less than a mile. The bed only came with two pillows and when I requested more, they said they had given away the last pillows. I know that the place was not sold out and that they could have grabbed me a pillow from a neighboring room. Also, when we went to check in we didn't have much time because of a dinner show and it took them a long time to get to the front desk after we and another family rang the bell several times. They weren't rude or anything, just not really with it. Breakfast was pre-wrapped bagels, muffins, yogurt and apple sauce, no fresh water or juice. Hotel is okay, just not updated, old boob tube tvs, old everything, but not bad for a quick stay.

Room Tip: bring your own pillows
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission. The good news is that we will be installing all brand new 32 inch flat screen televisions within the next 30 days !
I hope you will give our hotel and company a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This Hotel is priced reasonably fair. It is located close to Universal Studios. There is a Walgreens down the block. This Hotel does not offer a full continental breakfast. What they do offer is bagels, muffins, yogurt, and coffee. No more no less.

The rooms are decent. Rooms have a full size refridgerator, microwave, dishwasher, cups, plates, and dish rags. There is no room service. There is no maid who cleans the rooms. You must bring used towels to front desk to exchange for new ones.

Lastly, the cost for the rooms are cheap compare to ther Hotels. So for just resting your head only, it will do.

Room Tip: I had a room on second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Wow is the best i can say..the staff is amazing. being close to everything the price and having a full kitchen does not compare..i love this hotel even better than the disney hotels. love it love it...

Room Tip: ask for the deluxe when booking and make sure you are booking at the extended stay deluxe.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank OtherFoxden

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - Universal Studios.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours with great comments like "I love this hotel". Our staff at the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - Universal Studios takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels. If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 407.370.4428.