Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd.
$209
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$326
$279
$148
$127
$286
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$149
$382
$303
Hotwire.com
All reviewsuniversal studiosfull kitchenyogurtroom was cleangolden corralwalking distancepots and pansbooked this hotela great place to stayfront desk staffshort stayfirst floorpull out couchliving areacoffee makerwalgreensesa
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have stayed in several Extended Stay Deluxe Hotels. They all seem, at least to me, to be a hit or a miss. This was one of the nicer ones I have been in. Very well maintained, and front desk people were very nice. Excellent location. Would recommend.

Only con is the comfort of the beds. Every extended stay I have been in the bed comfort is terrible. Not unique to this one.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank wrthster
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We arrived too early for check in, although they were willing to accomodate me if the room were available. It was not, so they asked that I check in later. When I informed them I had refrigerated items (leftovers from our stay in Palm Beach) they offered to keep them for me in their fridge until my check in. We spent the afternoon at Wet n Wild (which is too noisy and crowded IMHO, but that's a different subject), then had a trouble free check in.

The room was much larger than I anticipated, a queen suite fully equipped with a small kitchen, living area, bedroom and a walk in closet which by itself was nearly the size of hotel rooms in NYC! For our short stay (2 days) it was a bit much but if I needed a place to stay long term, I know where I'll be going.

The bed was comfortable, the room very clean. The third floor hallway had a bit of a funky smell, but I don't spend a lot of time hanging in the hall. The property is a stone's throw from Universal and a short drive (15-20 minutes, depending on traffic) from Sea World and Wet n Wild. A very nice property, overall.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dogmom127
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is a fairly standard extended stay hotel. The rooms are a good size with a small kitchenette area if you want to do a bit of cooking. Our large room had 2 double beds and a pull out double sofa, so easily accommodated our family of five, with no problems.
The room was clean, but a little tired. This was not a major problem since we were in Orlando for Universal, but I mention it as a heads up. For example, don't expect the fittings to be shiny and new, and some of the furnishings were chipped. The TV was a smaller CRT not an LCD that are normally in "modern" hotels, but again this is just for information - it worked when we needed it.
There is a 3' to 5'5" deep pool at the back of the hotel, which was about 25 ft x 20ft. Small, but great to have at the end of a long, hot day.
All staff were very friendly, helpful and even cheerful, which was nice.
Wifi is free for a basic service, and can be upgraded. We used the basic free service to stream videos and surf on multiple devices and had no problems whatsoever, so I cannot think why anyone would want to upgrade.
Breakfast is free, but meager. There is no dining room, or even foyer to sit down. Coffee stations are in reception with some deli style containers where guests can get pre-packaged bagels or muffins. Fruit cups are available in the fridge. Meager - but sufficient for the hotel type. There is a Wendy's and a BK within a 1 minute walk if you want something more substantial.
UNIVERSAL Studios is within walking distance, just. I estimate it would take about 15 minutes to walk there, but given the heat and the amount of walking that will be done in the park, we always drove there. The official parking garage itself at Universal is a good 10 minute walk from the entrance so my kids weren't up to it. Buses are available across the street from the hotel but with 5 people it's as cheap to drive!
Overall I would recommend this hotel as a cost effective place for a family to use as a base for the usual Orlando activities.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank uktravailer
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We booked this hotel through a travel website and got a great deal ($70 instead of current spring break rate $160 wow!) They do not clean your room everyday, but will change towels for no additional charge. 10 min from downtown, 5 min from universal, and there is a small shopping center w/ walgreens and fast food walking distance. The kitchen is great for families, very big room. Free wifi. Laundry room is good too.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This property has deteriorated a little since last year. During a recent stay, the phone system did not work for 3 days. You could not contact the front desk and the hotel could not even receive incoming calls. The in-room coffee maker did not work. As in many hotel rooms, the A/C was noisy.
On the plus side, the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, the location and value for money is excellent and it was quiet. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple