“Very Nice Hotel but Bad Room Service”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #175 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Hotel overall is very nice, well kept, not perfect but its ok. When we got there the front desk clerk, a black skinny lady was not friendly at all. She did not say anything rude or improper, but she had a nasty attitude, did not care to even crack a smile at us, she had a straight face and not even a "enjoy your stay" or anything like that...horrible customer relations skills. We didnt get our room cleaned after the first day, beds were never done and we did make sure the "do not disturb" sign was not at the door knob. Cleaning service needs a lot of improvement.They offer free breakfast, which consists of biscuits, sausage and gravy, boiled eggs, bagels, cream cheese, oranges, apples coffee, orange juice and waffles, placed of a buffet set up. If you show up past 8 am you will not find a table to sit on and may have to either wait or seat outside in the pool area in the wet tables and chairs enduring hot or cold weather.
The last night my daughter flushed the toilet and the water overflowed the bowl. I sent her downstairs to ask for help...she came back up with a plunger....lol...they didnt have anybody to take care of that. On the last day the front desk clerk was wayyyyy much better, a young guy who at least cared to ask about our stay. I did mentioned to him about the cleaning situation and he apologized and assured me it would not happen again. He was the only staff member who really acted professional. The hotel was good for the value, if you want affordable and decent, this is the place to come, and if you dont mind rude staff members, then this is where you may wanna come. Distance from the Hotel to Universal is within 3-5 mins, yup really close.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Good cost benefit. Rooms are clean, spacious, breakfast is good and wifi works fine. Walking distance to some restaurants. The staff is not very kind and seem uninformed about everything, I needed a taxi to the airport and they didn't know who to call. The free shuttle to the parks are not very good though, if you need the service be sure to check in advance the correct schedule. The hotel isn't expensive so I think it was worth it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank claudiafros
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great value for money! It is simple but the rooms are spacious and clean. Bed are comfortable. Free Wifi, free simple breakfast.

The location is great, close to Universal and walking distance from a few restaurants and bars.

Staff was very welcoming and nice.

Really enjoyed our stay here and would go back when visiting Orlando.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SB22-22
Giovanny G, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey back in September. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input about our hotel's staff and everything else, is greatly apreciated.
Also, at the same time, we would like to give you some update about our hotel. During the 2013 we went through a lot of changes and great improvement with our hotel accommodations. One of the things that we just finished is our successful renovation. We would like to invite you to come back and stay with us again so you can witness the changes we had made in our rooms.
Thank you and we look forward serving your lodging needs.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

it has a very good location close to parks and restaurants.

Good:
Clean , friendly staff, breakfast OK

Bad:
Pool is very small and limited nothing much to do no special location to take the sun very cold

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the building are quieter no one uses the pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights, at $50 a night, you can justify this hotel for the price.

Good:
Breafast was good. Lots of variety.
Rooms were big and beds were comfortable.
Price, again it doesn't break the bank.
There is an I-ride bus stop out the front.

Bad:
The toilets don't work. Constantly blocked. Yuck.

The shuttle times are wrong. Be prepared to sit on the bus for 1.5hrs just to get to seaworld. Catch the I-ride instead.

The shuttle bus driver is crazy. Literally.

Location. We didnt like it.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank PerthieGirl
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel to be one of the worst I've stayed at. I was placed here for a time share presentation...they chose this hotel as my "accommodations"...wont make that mistake again. The rooms are disgusting. The halls smell of mold or something equally nasty. The bathtub was covered in mildew...a chunk of mold literally floated down to the drain when I turned the water on. The floors are stained and if you walk on them barefooted, expect black feet. Gross! The beds are atrocious. I'm 28 yrs old and have never had a back ache in my life. My back hurt as soon as I laid down on the bed and when I woke up in the morning, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. The pillows are half the size of a regular pillow. The staff were friendly and room was serviced every day we were there. It's an old hotel and needs to be renovated. I will never stay here again. Imagine the kind of hotel room you would get for $39/night, except you'll pay 3 times as much.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Amott5369
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here while we went to Universal studios Halloween Horror Nights.

Hotel provides a shuttle but the times didnt they drop and pick u up didnt work for us, so we took an 8$ cab ride right to the gate where we entered and walked back to the hotel after the park closed at midnite.

Hotel was nice and clean, continental breakfast was the usual, waffles, toast, bagels yogurt, cereals, coffee and juices.

Rooms have a mini bar which was convenient to keep our food and drinks cold.

LOTS of places to eat near by and all the attractions to keep u entertained during your stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family