“Not bad...a good backup” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #143 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida, United States
“Not bad...a good backup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed for four nights last week. The pros...clean room, relatively quiet, we could hear the doors close in the adjoining rooms, but other than that, it was relatively quiet. The staff was very friendly, polite, etc. Very, very near Universal Studios. Good restaurants, drug stores, etc. nearby. The price was very fair about $60 a night, AAA AutoClub Rate. The free breakfast was decent, yogurt, cereal, muffins, waffles, orange juice, apple juice, bannanas. Would have liked scrambled eggs, but pretty good regardless.
The beds were ok, comfortable, double beds, not queens, but still comfortable. The pillows were small, but very comfortable. The air conditioner was older, but it worked very well and masked any outside noise.
The cons...comforter had some small red stains on it, but was replaced upon my request. On two seperate days, a couple of the bath towels had pubic hairs on them. A little picky maybe, but I like clean towels.
The shower is a bit small and the curtain slides very easily meaning that the bathroom floor will get quite wet very easily. There was already water damage on the doorframe near the floor.
The bathroom sink/mirror is in the room not inside as a seperate bathroom.
The breakfast area was way, wayyyyyy too small-not a realistic space for a hotel that size. We had to wait for a table the first couple of days. Then we just gave up, went down picked up the food and ate in our room.

All in all a good fall back option for us. We usually stay at a Comfort Inn and Suites-same chain just a step up in quality. But a good backup, relatively clean, friendly staff, quiet rooms, free healthy breakfast, good location. If you can get it for $60- $75, take it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank David T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Brunswick, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

i must say that it is an okay hotel the beds where very small like twin size not double not a suite like i was promise my 33 years old sister had to sleep on a roll-a-way with her feet hanging off ..my family was sleeping late after all star weekend housekeeping knock on door like four time tell us were smoking when no one in my family even smoke but me & i was still asleep ....plus the breakfast was not worth getting up for just cereal & waffles .The front desk clerks where very helpful at check-out that was by far the best part of the stay & it was clean in the room

Room Tip: if your traveling alone its a great place not enough room for a family
2 Thank denise b
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Well, I will start off with the cons. The beds were the most uncomfortable beds that I have EVER sleep in. That includes sleeping in a sleeping bag in a tent. I honestly had back issues for the entire trip from those beds. It was so hot in the lobby, hallways, breakfast area, etc. There was no air each day in those areas, and I am usually cold natured. The hotel shuttle only picked up from Universal Studios at 7pm. I mean honestly, who stays there for 9 hours! We never had housekeeping at a reasonable hour, normally was around 6pm daily. Free WiFi? Not if you have an IPhone. Never once could get a signal. Asked the front desk if I needed a password, and they asked point blank if I had an IPhone because the hotel WiFi signal is weak, and is not compatable with IPhones. Price was high for this hotel, around 90.00 nightly. Now for the pros. Room was clean for the most part. Breakfast was nice, several options to choose from. Room overlooked a samll pond with several ducks that would fly over into the pool in the evenings. My son really enjoyed that. Centrally located to Universal and eateries. For the most part, not a terrible stay. Just would never pay that price again for this hotel.

• 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Beth918
Naples, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Ok...unless you actually want to sleep. Floor is softer than bed. "Quality" insists on using foundations instead of boxspring. Really uncomfortable. Also, you will have a $3 service charge (previously undisclosed) on your bill. Clerk's reply was "All hotels in Orlando charge this". Not an answer, not true and just bad business.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Ralph W
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This hotel served our purpose for visiting the malls, Disney and easy access from the airport. A shuttle is provided to the theme parks. The hotel is basic & clean, the only setback was a lack of seating at breakfast. There is additional seating outside and you share it with the smokers or you end up taking the food back to your room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank warboys
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites Universal Studios. First I can say that we have stayed here before when my oldest daughter was only 1 year old. Back then it wasn't bad. In fact they were replacing carpets back then. They have kept this place up to date and modern. It was originally a Wesley Inn and Suites. Well we needed a place to stay and for the coupon price of $44.95 it was well worth it. Like always I check out the rooms first before I stay. Check in is normally 3pm but It was only 11am and I went in and asked the front desk person if we could check in early as we have 2 little girls who get restless in the car. She said it would be no problem. I looked at a room on the 2nd floor. These rooms were clean. I asked for a non smoking room. The whole hotel is 100% non smoking as I was informed. I had a choice of 4th floor or 2nd floor. I chose the 2nd floor. The internet was slow that is one of the bad things. The shower has nice pressure and is nice and hot. The beds were comfortable. I slept well. The breakfast room was so crowded with tourists. Lots of choices but so crowded. Some people were hogging the waffle makers. I couldn't get in. They have hard boiled eggs with sausage gravy. (My wife saw this man from another country which we assume take a puff on his cigarette. Someone must have told him he can't smoke because as my wife was going to send me to the front desk it was out behind his ear.) Lots of breakfast choices. If you want to get any make sure you are there at 6am when breakfast starts. Overall a very pleasant stay. Great staff very helpful with everything. Definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: If traveling with kids ask for early check in. But that does depend on if enough rooms are already c...
3 Thank jdicarlo22000
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I traveled with 10 students, 3 teachers and 2 parents to a competition in Orlando. The reservations were complicated, but the front desk was efficient. Like others have said, if it is luxury you desire, try someplace else. This hotel is a great value. The rooms were spacious, especially the suites with the sofa bed; 5 people stay comfortably in a room. The breakfast was adequate with hot waffles and biscuits and gravy in addition to sweet rolls, muffins, yogurt, that sort of fare. Everything appeared clean and in working order. The front desk stored our luggage while we were at our competition with no problems. There was a sort of musty odor at first, but once the air was running, it disappeared. I have not seen the charges appear on my credit card yet, but I don't expect any surprises. The whole trip went smoothly thanks in large part to the staff at Quality Inn. Some members of our group took the Internation Drive Trolley to do some mini golfing. It came right to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business