My family was switched at the last moment to this hotel by 1800 Hotels who had a booking problem with our original selection. This hotel was supposed to be comparable to our original choice. We were very satisfied with the room size, two extremely comfortable queen size beds, and free wifi. Unfortunately, the good was overshawdowed by poor customer service -- by the owners. We ate the free breakfast the first two mornings. The breakfast was very limited, but was better than nothing. Don't come here for the free breakfast -- you'll be disappointed. On the third day of our stay, we headed to IHOP (right next door) for a wonderful experience. The service there was superb -- the best service and food I have ever had at any IHOP before. On the 4th day, we had to prepare for a special event for our daughter and could not get downstairs for breakfast. It was almost time for the breakfast area to close at 10:00, so I asked my husband if he could go downstairs and get me and our daughter a muffin, roll, and coffee. As he was heading back to our room with a single plate with breakfast items and coffee, he was stopped by the owner who told him that the items must be eaten in the dining area. He left them with her and we never ate there again. I immediately called downstairs and requested to speak to the owner. She did not come to the phone and never returned my call. She told her front desk staff to point out to me the sign in the area that said food needed to be eaten in the area. I pointed out that I had seen that sign, but the way it was worded I thought it meant to only consume breakfast items from the buffet, not from items put out for business meetings. The sign was poorly worded. Even still, the owner should have called and discussed since I was upset and my husband was very embarrassed. One last thing -- the pool was small and FILTHY. I would not want anyone swimming in it. Location was excellent -- right outside the Universal resort and very near restaurants and shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located, we are adjacent from Universal Studios and City Walk. The Mall of Millenia, Prime 1 Outlet, International Drive, and many other stores are just two miles away. The Orlando Convention Center is seven miles away and within a five mile radius is every restaurant possible. Rate includes complimentary breakfast & free shuttle service to Universal Studios and Holy Land Experience. Our beautiful property has undergone a complete renovation and now boosts modern spacious guest rooms and meeting spaces. King or two queen size beds available. We offer many comp amenities and services to our guest. This includes in all rooms microwave & fridges, coffee maker, iron & ironing boards, mp3 clock radios, and USA today paper. We offer complimentary fitness room, pool, indoor whirlpool, wired and wireless high speed internet access, or the guest can use our modern day business center. We look forward to working with you to make your travel arrangements as easy as possible. We also have new Electric Charging Stations for all electric cars!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham @ Universal Studios And Convention Center
- Wingate By Wyndham @ Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
- Wingate Hotel Orlando