1,243 results
All reviews universal studios front desk eggs and sausage room was clean free breakfast outdoor pool business center the breakfast area hot breakfast yogurt walking distance minute drive pleasant stay shuttle service booked this hotel hot tub convenient location
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Perfect when visiting themeparks, close to major roads.
Forgot my Ipad in room, came back later and housekeeping department found it .
Thank you so much!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many restaurants, outlets, malls and many other attractions to see. I am glad to hear that we could help you out to find the Ipad. Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

Great hotel. I thought I was booking near the airport so I had to waste more money to hire an Uber to get me there

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us great feedback from your recent stay with us. Yes, Uber is the best way to move around in Orlando. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver a great experience. It will be an honor for us to serve you again!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

I stayed here from 10/6/2017-10/9/2017. They gave us a room which had a lot of bugs/flies. Fist night, we did not realize it that much. But next night,They bit us very badly. We complained about it to Management. We showed them the bugs & bite marks. They sprayed chemical in the room & told us that they are going to take care f everything and we would be okay. As we were going to Universal at that time so we belied them & did not checkout. Next night, they bit u even more badly. We called manager& what she did was that she would refund for one night. We had visited doctors twice since we are back & are not going on jobs because of allergic reactions. Please don't book this hotel ever.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Rishu B
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Hello Rishu B,

Kindly accept my sincerest apologies for the missed opportunities during your visit and rest assured that we've worked diligently to rectify them.  Please let me mention that we have a monthly pest control company that comes to the hotel and treats all interior & exterior parts of the property.  We do our best to ensure that we prevent pests from entering the hotel.  Being an interior only property does help keep out pests also.  I spoke to Lyn my assistant manager about the issue with the pests and who dealt with you personally. She is the one who offered the free night and also offered you to change rooms. You did decline in switching room and told us if we can spray the room for the pests. We were hesitant as we did want to move you, yet you did decline and was happy with the free night stay. I sincerely apologize that you encountered that in the first place at my hotel and that you visited the doctors office. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 407 226-0900.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here two nights. The pros are that the room was very clean, probably one of the cleanest hotels I’ve stayed at for this price range.

It’s incredibly close to Universal, it was a $6 Uber ride to get to Universal, cheaper than parking at the theme park!

The breakfast is ok, it’s basic breakfast breads, waffles, cereal and eggs and sausage. Not special but met our needs for a quick breakfast.

The biggest downside to the hotel is that it was so noisy. The walls were so thin you could hear everything in the rooms on either side of us. There is also a lot of road noise, but that’s to be expected in Orlando.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Wingate_Universal, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

I am happy to see we provided you great service and our rooms were clean and fresh. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many restaurants, outlets, malls and many other attractions to see. Uber is definitely the best way to move around in Orlando! Hope you enjoyed your vacation and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. I understand and know of the breakfast concerns. Over the next few months we will be upgrading our breakfast so we hope on your next visit to Orlando you will return and see the changes we have made. Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

On the good side, it was clean, staff wasn't rude (they weren't particularly friendly either) & location was really close to universal but off the main drag & Taco Bell/kfc & Ihop are right in front of the hotel. On the flip side, decor was slightly dated & worn, no eggs or fruit at breakfast (bread fest w/muffins/bagels/waffles/toast).

No complaints about the staff or hotel, it just wouldn't be ideal to stay at if I given the choice.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to give us great feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to see we provided you great service and our rooms were clean and fresh. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many restaurants, outlets, malls and many other attractions to see. I understand the breakfast concerns and we do provide egg patties with sausage on a daily basis. I am surprised that you mentioned our hotel is slightly dated as we just finalized our renovation. We are a brand new hotel in & out completing a 5 month renovation. If you would like to discuss this further or have additional feedback, please reach out to me. I hope you will consider us on your next visit to Orlando.