Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando
Ranked #171 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I would like to let everyone to know the best value hotel you could find in the area hands down! The property is very clean and staff friendly and helpful. The rooms are well appointed with all the amenities of a higher priced location. They are located right across from universal and even offer transportation there twice daily. This is an additional savings and value to your stay. The family owned business takes great pride in their ownership which is reflected in the helpful staff and clean rooms. I would highly recommend anyone wishing to find a great room at a great price at a convenient location to make reservations here. Once you stay I'm sure you will agree.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your review and great rating! Yes we try our best to make everyone's vacation as best as we can. We are happy to know that we have met your expectations in all aspects during your stay. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff of our property for considering us when you return to Orlando. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another stellar experience.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

A friend and I have just had two short stays at the Wingate. I last stayed there a couple of years ago and am glad to say that it has maintained its standards of that time. The rooms were spotless and all staff, especially at the front desk, were very pleasant. Breakfast can be very busy but staff work hard to keep tables cleared and the buffet replenished. The outside pool is well looked after and popular. I certainly hope to return to the Wingate when next in Orlando and can recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to give us great feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to see we provided you great service and our rooms were clean and fresh. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many restaurants, outlets, malls and many other attractions to see. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff of our property for considering us when you return to Orlando. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another stellar experience.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was very upset with the night receptionist- Leish. We were told that there was a complementary airport shuttle to the hotel and when we called she was VERY rude and told us to take a taxi, it was our problem and that she would not transfer us to the manager. Turns out, there was a airport shuttle that was cheaper than everything else, she just didn't tell us. When we arrived to the hotel she never welcomed us, said good-bye or asked us how we were doing. She claimed that my credit card was not working, threw it back to me and told me there was nothing we could do.

However, every other receptionist was super helpful. The location was AMAZING! There are a bunch of restaurants around and you can walk to Universal if you want to.

The hotel was very nice, new and spacious. Some of my towels were dirty but that wasn't a big deal because I enjoyed my room, bed, and every commedity we received. The pool and whirlpool were very nice as well. The breakfast was the same everyday, but it was delicious.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for leaving a comment about your recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Universal. I sincerely apologize about how unprofessional my front desk agent was. I will definitely take proper steps and training with my employee about this. I will make sure this will not happen again with any of my guest and employees. I am still very appreciative for the rating. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel was close to my business destination...lots of restuarant choices and shopping was only a 15 minute dirve to a major mall. Maid service was efficent and my room was as clean as my arrival each day. The work out center is very outdated...definately needs some help. The front desk associates were professional and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to give us great feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to see we provided you great service and our rooms were clean and fresh. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many restaurants, outlets, malls and many other attractions to see. I hear your concerns and when we plan to update the hotel, this will include a new equipment in the workout room. I look forward to your return. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 4, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 31, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014