1,239 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosfront deskeggs and sausageroom was cleanfree breakfastoutdoor poolbusiness centerthe breakfast areahot breakfastyogurtwalking distanceminute drivepleasant stayshuttle servicebooked this hotelhot tubconvenient location
Reviewed March 13, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here with my family this past weekend for my son's birthday. When I booked the room with two queen beds I was a little leary of how crammed the room would be. I was PLEASANTLY surprised.
The whole stay, from the wonderful lady a check-in on Friday night to the sweet lady who checked us out on Sunday morning, couldn't have been more pleasant. The indoor jacuzzi was wonderful after a day at Universal (which by the way was 5 minutes away).
They offered a shuttle though, as pass holders, we declined since valet parking was free for us.
Would DEFINITELY stay again.

*Note: The only iffy thing on the stay were the eggs at the complimentary breakfast. They were a little scary looking and a tab rubbery but the rest of the breakfast was more than adequate.

Room Tip: request a view on the front of the hotel. You can see the fireworks from the parks.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to give us great feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to see we provided you great service and our rooms were clean and fresh. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many restaurants, outlets, malls and many other attractions to see. I have seen several reviews about the eggs and will speak with my food vendor about it. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff of our property for considering us when you return to Orlando. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another stellar experience.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Pros:
Clean

Friendly and helpful staff, especially front desk

Walking distance to universal theme park

Bus stop just outside to go to international drive and 2 outlet malls

Free breakfast

Speedy response to problems:

Toilet blocked and it was fixed within 10mins of reporting it

Ditto with light bulb

Comfortable bed; good nights sleep; no disturbance/noise

24hr front desk staff

Local Shops/restaurant- walgreens, IHOP, Starbucks to name a few

Friendly and helpful front desk staff; if you have any problems then let them know and they will address it and help.

Fridge, microwave and free safe in room

Cons:
Musty/stuffy smell in room but leaving the air con on helps with it

Not much variety with breakfast so can get tedious having the same thing 7 days in a row but it's free and nice so can't complain much!

Overall it was a very pleasant stay and made our holiday to Orlando that much nicer!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us great feedback from your recent stay with us. I appreciate the detailed review including the pros of staying at our hotel. I will point out to housekeeping to follow up with the room that had an oder. We usually do a full deep clean and preventive maintenance about twice a year and our next schedule to do this is coming up shortly. When you return to Orlando, we hope to have the opportunity to deliver a great experience. It will be an honor for us to serve you again!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have enjoyed staying at Wyndham's in the past. They were always so spacious and clean. However, I was disappointed in this one.

While there was nothing overtly wrong with it, the room was a little dirty. There were marks on the bathroom floor and places where dirt was never cleaned up. I didn't feel comfortable walking around barefoot.

I didn't try breakfast, but from the looks of it, it didn't look very appealing. The eggs looked rubbery and fake.

Still, I will say it was one of the cheapest places to stay in the area and the location is great. Very close to Universal and convenient to get to. The staff was friendly and the business center with a computer and printer was a nice tough.

Overall, I would call it average. If you want a cheap place to crash near Universal, this is a good place to choose. Just be sure to eat breakfast elsewhere and walk around with shoes on!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. I will speak with housekeeping about the room and flooring. In regards to the breakfast, I am compliant to the standards of Wyndham. I am sorry to hear you did not try the breakfast. When you return to Orlando, we hope to have the opportunity to deliver a great experience. It will be an honor for us to serve you again!