“Good choice for location and price”

Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando
Ranked #171 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
wingtateuniversal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Reviewed August 28, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2013

On the weekend of August 11th 2013. I arrived to the wingate hotel approximately 12:00 AM after a long trip. Upon entering the room I check the bathroom and to my surprise I found a long hair inside the toilet and pubic hair behind the toilet. Upon my departure I informed the front desk agent and she wasn't too attentive to my concerns. I asked for a survey and she informed me that since I made my reservation with a third party I wasnt entitled to a survey.... After going back and forth with the agent she provided me with the survey. I left a note for the manager to call me, which he did, after a few days I spoke with the manager and informed him of the situation he apologized for the inconvenience and he was supposed to credit back 20% of the total amount back to my CC which never happened. Breakfast was OK, however not enough options for vegetarian people . There were no fresh fruits or fruit salad available which i like in the morning and in most of the hotels they provide.... so between the pubic hair, breakfast and the agent not being too concerned to my needs, I won't either stay or recommend this hotel.... I stay over in a lot of hotels and I have paid less money and the service has been much better!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I am really sorry for what you experienced. I apologized several times to you and as you mentioned, I offered a 20% discount on your stay. Unfortunately you did not pay me directly and paid Expedia.com for your reservation. As I specifically told you when we spoke that I did refund the credit card that was used to pay for the room, which is in fact Expedia's credit card. I mentioned Expedia should see the credit in 3-5 days and for you to also contact them so they may refund your credit card. If you paid me directly then you would of seen the credit already on your credit card. You even called Wyndham Corporate on my hotel and voiced the same concern as you did here. Through their research they saw the same thing and it resulted in Wyndham Corporate for you to contact Expedia for the credit. Either way there should not be any hair in the bathroom. My housekeeping is already aware and I took actions the housekeeper that cleaned room. I apologize again and I hope you can see that I made every effort here.

Reviewed August 25, 2013