$109
$151
$142
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$135
$124
$143
$119
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$158
$135
$128
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$257
$349
$259
DisneyWorld.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $314/night.

$82
$68
Priceline
1,231 results
All reviewsfront deskeggs and sausageroom was cleanfree breakfastoutdoor poolbusiness centerbreakfast barhot breakfastyogurtminute drivepleasant stayplace to sleepshuttle servicehot tubconvenient locationuniversal orlandostaying at this hotel
Reviewed September 12, 2012

What a great find. This hotel provided a very clean and comfortable room at a very affordable price. Far away from all the noise but near enough to all the parks. Can't recommend highly enough for an all round offering.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
wingtateuniversal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that our location and pricing was up to your expectations.
Overall it is a pleasure to see that our hotel made your stay comfortable and we welcome you back anytime! We hope that Wingate by Wyndham at Universal will be your only choice if you ever need a place to stay while in Orlando!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We chose this Wingate due to its proximity to Universal, and it is perfect for that (as well as there being many family-style restaurants close-by).
The rooms were absolutely fine; and the bathrooms; and very clean. When out all day at Universal, it was a perfect place to stay and "recuperate".
The only aspect of our stay at this hotel that we found unpleasant were the breakfasts - as other reviewers have mentioned, not enough variety at all but, worst of all in my opinion, served with plastic knives, forks and plates. Breakfast in a hotel is not on an airline, nor is it a picnic.
However, I had already complained about this on a hotel feedback form; and have already received a good and positive response from management. This quick and honest reaction is like all the staff treat their customers at the hotel, certainly a plus point.
If breakfast is not that significant to you, I certainly would recommend this hotel, especially when visiting Universal Studios.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
wingtateuniversal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about our hotel. Indeed our location is adjacent to Universal and close to other attractions. I am glad to see that our rooms and bathroom were up to expectations. I will let housekeeping know of the fine job they are doing. As we did speak we are in the midst of upgrading the breakfast. Currently we are waiting to see the new brand standards. When you return to Orlando, we hope to have the opportunity to deliver another fantastic experience. We hope that Wingate by Wyndham at Universal will be your only choice if you ever need a place to stay while in Orlando

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was our first time to Florida, the hotel is conveniently near the parks, shopping and dining. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would suggest more variety for breakfast but overall very comfortable and clean. Excellent for the price!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and positive feedback about your stay. Indeed our location is adjacent to Universal and close to other attractions. I am delighted to see that that our hotel made your stay comfortable and we welcome you back anytime! When you return to Orlando, we hope to have the opportunity to deliver another stellar experience. We hope that Wingate by Wyndham at Universal will be your only choice if you ever need a place to stay while in Orlando

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years on our family vacation. The hotel is in a good location, with a friendly staff. The room I was assigned on this trip was clean, however the bathroom vent fan did not work. Mildew has built up around bathroom light due to lack of air movement. On the ceiling in the guest room on the left side of the window the sheetrock has received water damage and the texture is coming apart. The hotel was once top flight in appearance and service, the appearance is on a decline. Next year I will find a different hotel to enjoy the family vacation in.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors are less noisy with less late triffic. Ice machine located on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
wingtateuniversal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to leave a comment on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are set to do our regular Preventive Maintenance on each room which includes deep cleaning of all bathrooms and vents. I can assure you that if we are aware of any vent that may have build up or was not working properly my staff will fix and clean it immediately. You are correct as this past 2 months have been raining every day. The heavy rain not only comes down, but with added wind it’s been coming in sideways. This is no excuse but we had some rooms that did spring leaks because of the heavy rain coming in sideways. We did repair all the rooms that sprung leaks. I suggest letting the general manager know of your issues/concerns immediately when happens. I am sorry to see that you will choose another hotel on your next stay. If you would like to discuss this further or have additional feedback, please reach out to me. Thank you!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We spent the last week at the Wingate while we were on our first true family vacation. As a person who spent 15 years in the hotel business, my wife says that I can be overly critical of any hotel we stay in, and she typically hates the first night, because my eye looks for any and all issues. Fortunately, it was a very short list this time out.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the Wingate. The beds were comfortable, the fridge was a lifesaver due to my wife having gastric bypass surgery several years ago. She needed to keep milk on hand for protein shakes, and being walking distance to Walgreen’s and the fridge made this a non-issue.

I will mirror the comment of other reviewers regarding the shuttle service. While I failed to ask about the frequency (my fault), when I booked this through Universal, they did not mention that it was only twice in the morning and twice in the evening. I spoke to the GM about it, and he stated that it is recently become more of an issue, and that he is looking into several possible remedies.

If I had any complaint, it would be the lack of maintenance on the weekend evenings. When we came back from dinner and a night out with friends, we noticed that our night stand light did not have a bulb in it, when I called the desk, they said they would take care of it. Granted it was 10:00 Saturday night, but when we asked the front desk about it again in the morning, they said it would be taken care of. Unfortunately, it was not fixed until Monday.

The hot continental breakfast was nice. My only constructive criticism would be that the hotel needs to consider switching up the menu a bit. In the five days of breakfast, it was the same eggs, same cereal, same juice, same fruit, and pretty much the same muffins (they did mix it up a bit the last morning) every day. Something as simple as switching up the type of cereal, or even offering some different toppings for the waffles, would have gone a long way to sprucing up the breakfast.

Overall our stay was excellent, and when we return in two years for our next trip to Florida, unless we stay at an onsite hotel, we will definitely stay at the Wingate.

P.S. Rumor has it that there is an alligator in the pond next to the hotel, keep an eye out and you just may see him. We looked, but did not find him...maybe you will.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the back of the hotel. The rooms to the front face a highway and Hooters restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I appreciate taking the time to write an in depth review about our hotel. Our location is adjacent to Universal and close to other attractions which is one of our best selling points. I am glad to see that our room, the Serta Pillow Top Mattress, and amenities were up to you and your wife’s expectations. I will let housekeeping know of the fine job they are doing and glad you enjoyed the amenities. We are a Universal Partnered Hotel and one of the advantages of being a partnered hotel is that we offer a free shuttle every day. Universal owns and operates the shuttle, which currently is scheduled 2 times in the morning and returns two times in the evening for guest complimentary transport. As you mentioned above, I am trying to come up with other solutions for convenient shuttles times back and forth to Universal. I apologize engineering or housekeeping did not replace the bulb on Sunday. I will definitely have a discussion of why the ball was dropped. We are in the midst of upgrading the breakfast. Currently we are waiting to see the new brand standards. Overall thank you for the review and letting us know what areas to improve on. When you return to Orlando, we hope to have the opportunity to deliver another outstanding experience. We hope that Wingate by Wyndham at Universal will be your only choice if you ever need a place to stay while in Orlando.