The hotel is situated on International Drive. A Cab from the airport to the hotel cost me about $45, but as there are a number of Rosen Inns make sure you end up at the right one (i.e. near Wet'n'Wild), I toured a couple.
Overall the hotel was clean and in good repair although the outside looked dated. Its a budget hotel (I paid $49.50 a night), but it was refurbished in 2010 and consequently everything had a new feel to it. All the facilities in the room that I used worked well. I was able to watch streaming video on the wireless connection with little or no buffering, something that is difficult in many hotels. As others have said there was noise from the corridor, however I found it did not bother me, but you might want to consider other guests when going in and out of your room. I noticed no noise from the rooms either side of me. The bathroom was the main disappointment with the room. To say it was compact might be the understatement of the year. The hotel has International Drive on one side and I4 on the other, but other than when I stood by the window I did not notice the traffic noise in the room, may be it is something I tune out.
A buffet breakfast was available at a cost of about $6. I found the selection to be better than many "free" breakfasts I have had at hotels and there was plenty of seating when I was there.
The pool seemed smaller than the pictures on the web site. The thing I liked about it most was that it wasn't all one depth, at one end it was 3ft deep and dropped off to 9ft at the deep end. There was a rope across at the 5ft mark, but if you have young children who have difficulty swimming you will want to keep them up the shallow end. This was the only area when the traffic noise was really noticed.
The lite bite store has a selection of things to buy as either snacks or meals to microwave, however if you want a better selection there is a Walgreens 5 minutes walk along the road.
Guest Services is staffed in the morning. I found them to be helpful in getting the basics sorted out e.g. car rental and theme park information, but when you wanted to get off the beaten track (spring training baseball), the internet was the better resource.
There are a number of resturants within walking distance although when I asked at the front desk for some recommendations the best that they came up with were Chillis and Fridays, may be they could invest in putting together a resturant guide.
Overall the hotel met my needs and for the price paid I would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Rosen Inn, an affordable hotel conveniently located in the heart of world-famous entertainment and shopping in Orlando. Stay with us and experience the resort atmosphere and quality that is the standard of the Rosen Hotel & Resorts family of properties. This Rosen Inn hotel closest to Universal Orlando(R) Resort and near Wet n' Wild(R) Orlando offers more than convenience in location. It also offers comfort, security, and its own set of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Splitty, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelsClick so you can book your Rosen Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Hotel Orlando
- Rodeway International Inn
- Rodeway Inn Orlando
- Rodeway Inn International Orlando Fl
- Orlando Rodeway Inn