“Good, solid, budget hotel”
Review of Rosen Inn

Rosen Inn
Ranked #105 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 3, 2011

The hotel is situated on International Drive. A Cab from the airport to the hotel cost me about $45, but as there are a number of Rosen Inns make sure you end up at the right one (i.e. near Wet'n'Wild), I toured a couple.

Overall the hotel was clean and in good repair although the outside looked dated. Its a budget hotel (I paid $49.50 a night), but it was refurbished in 2010 and consequently everything had a new feel to it. All the facilities in the room that I used worked well. I was able to watch streaming video on the wireless connection with little or no buffering, something that is difficult in many hotels. As others have said there was noise from the corridor, however I found it did not bother me, but you might want to consider other guests when going in and out of your room. I noticed no noise from the rooms either side of me. The bathroom was the main disappointment with the room. To say it was compact might be the understatement of the year. The hotel has International Drive on one side and I4 on the other, but other than when I stood by the window I did not notice the traffic noise in the room, may be it is something I tune out.

A buffet breakfast was available at a cost of about $6. I found the selection to be better than many "free" breakfasts I have had at hotels and there was plenty of seating when I was there.

The pool seemed smaller than the pictures on the web site. The thing I liked about it most was that it wasn't all one depth, at one end it was 3ft deep and dropped off to 9ft at the deep end. There was a rope across at the 5ft mark, but if you have young children who have difficulty swimming you will want to keep them up the shallow end. This was the only area when the traffic noise was really noticed.

The lite bite store has a selection of things to buy as either snacks or meals to microwave, however if you want a better selection there is a Walgreens 5 minutes walk along the road.

Guest Services is staffed in the morning. I found them to be helpful in getting the basics sorted out e.g. car rental and theme park information, but when you wanted to get off the beaten track (spring training baseball), the internet was the better resource.

There are a number of resturants within walking distance although when I asked at the front desk for some recommendations the best that they came up with were Chillis and Fridays, may be they could invest in putting together a resturant guide.

Overall the hotel met my needs and for the price paid I would go back again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank MK59

Reviewed March 3, 2011

Breakfast Buffet $5.90 + 12% Tip + Tax , under 9 is free with a paying adult.
Got a great off season rate on the hotel's website $39.99 + Tax a night.
Great value, location & for the most part clean.
My only complaints were that the outside of the tub needed to be cleaned & stayed dirty the whole 8 days we stayed there, also the large& lazy water wasting toilet had to be flushed twice each time.
Helpful & friendly staff just don't expect the house keeping to speak English .
I would stay there again.

2  Thank Careless_B
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Our first reaction on entering the room was - wow, this is a normal looking hotel room! That was before we saw the bathroom, which might be a bit bigger than what you might get in a cruise ship but not by much. Anyhow, how much time do you spend in a bathroom? The room did seem to be recently refurbished.

A little bit of noise sometimes from the hallway during the night, which is going to happen if you have young people in the hotel.

Breakfast buffet was cheap and good; restaurants are all around within walking distance; there are free shuttles (which you need to reserve beforehand) to Universal which is a 15-minute walk anyway; Wet n Wild is right across the street; and there's a reasonably priced private shuttle based from the hotel if you want to go anywhere else like Disney ($18 per person, I think that was).

One issue with the Universal shuttle is that it stops at 2 other hotels, waits at each, and ends up taking more time than if you simply walked. But you're not going to walk with young children. Also, there are very few shuttles, and the last one back from Universal is invariably full unless you queue up way ahead of time. But a taxi is $10.

A possible issue is bedbugs. One of us woke up what looked like bug bites after the first night, and it got progressively worse after every night. But that happened on only one of the beds. On return the doctor wasn't quite sure what it was, although he did think it was some kind of bug.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Stan145
Reviewed March 2, 2011

If you are on a budget do not hesitate to stay in this hotel. We stayed 9 nights and would stay there again in a heartbeat! We found a sale on Travelzoo and the rooms were $39 for 6 of the nights and $59 for the other 3. (Unbelievable!!!) We had very comfortable beds, a microwave and refrigerator, plus free wi-fi. It is right on International Drive and we just walked outside the hotel to catch trolleys and busses all over Orlando.(You can get to Disney parks and the airport on Lynx for $2 a person) The gift shop/deli was convenient to pick up snacks and drinks. We enjoyed the Shogun restaurant right in the hotel one night and the food was fantastic. The great thing is, by staying at the Rosen Inn we were able to spend more on Disney and other places instead of watching our budget so much at the fun places!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kaynolen
Rodewayinnintl, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Dear kaynolen

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Rosen Inn. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to respond with insightful comments and transportation tips. It is through comments like yours that we strive to improve the service we’re providing to our guests. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2011

The first room we got, there was pee in the toilet and the room was dirty, they moved us to another room, and we had to carry all our stuff there, they did not send anyone to help. The second room was very dusty and small. The bath sink is right beside the front door and the bath/toilet room is small, very strange set up. I was trying to save money but from now on I will spend the extra to get a nicer place. I would not recommend this hotel.Also the noise from people in the halls is very loud. Beds are small and uncomfortable. Dont waste your time here, it will ruin your trip.

5  Thank cfore10
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Had a 2 day conference at the Westin which, frankly is in the middle of no where and costs a lot to stay at, so based on tripadvisor recommendations ended up selecting a hotel chain I had never heard of before "rosen inn"... I had a special deal for staying 4 nights which worked out to 38.50/night with fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, free local calls, free parking, free wireless internet, hotel taxi service, non smoking hotel, offering free hotel shuttle to universal (and elsewhere, arcade room, pool, 24 hour open convenience store (with beer and wine) and reasonably priced, large buffet breakfast for $8... all that to say I was nervous... it was "too good to be true"... it must have some unsaid "bad" thing..... stayed there 4 nights and couldnt find it - staff was always friendly and often going that extra step to offer suggestions and ideas... I asked for a quiet room and got one - they have 2 buildings and most families/kids/youth are in the main building...comfy beds etc...only thing I could comment negatively was there was a funny smell to the room as if it had been a smokers room or maybe its mold... but it wasnt overwhelming and all things considered I would definitely recommend it to others and would stay there again especially if your trip focuses on universal ... its a $6-8 cab ride there or back if you are going/returning outside of shuttle hours...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KarenB_007
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I recently returned from a 4 day (3 night) stay at the Rosen Inn closest to Universal Studios Park - it was about a 15 min walk. The hotel itself is pretty basic - but I think it was an amazing deal and great value for the price. The room was clean and quiet. It overlooked the pool, had a bar fridge, microwave, ironing board, and coffee maker. The bathroom was tiny - sink outside with the shower and toilet inside. The double beds were good and comfortable. We took advantage of the free shuttle bus to the park and we ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant buffet. It was also very good value for the price. I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers on a budget who want a decent place to stay when they visit the amusement parks in the area.

2  Thank lackrill