“Recent renovation was the selling point.”
Review of Rosen Inn

Rosen Inn
Ranked #103 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 16, 2011

There are $20 per night rooms for those of us on a TIGHT budget, but I was skeptical about cleanliness given numerous stories about bed bugs and unclean rooms at hotels due to the recession. At the $60 per night price point , the recently renovated Rosen Inn is a good value. Conveniently located on I-Drive, not far from the Orange County Convention Center (30 min walk), it's easy to get around on the I Ride Trolley ($1.25), buses (I recommend the city buses ($2) if you're from a big city like Chicago, NY, etc.) and taxis if you want to spend the extra money.

The room was clean with crisp white sheets for easy inspection, adequate 2 piece bathroom with the sink outside the bathroom, good heat (it was cold in FL!) and a dorm sized frig and microwave. Nice pool area.

Look for newly renovated, low cost hotels like the Rosen Inn. I can't comment on service because I don't expect top notch service, but I suspect it is adequate. Contact Mears Transportation for affordable airport transportation (~$30 R/T).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BudgeteerUSA
Write a ReviewReviews (3,050)

Reviewed January 5, 2011

I have been to florida many times including july of this year, and this hotel was just as good,

offered tidy,clean, refurb rooms, great helpfull staff and on site resturant with cheap warm buffet breakfast.

Location is fantastic, with free transportation to universal, and if you need to get a taxi home its like $5/8. also if you need to get over to disney the lynx bus is $2per person and will take you to magjic kingdom.

Over all a very good stay at this hotel. and would 100% return.

email me if you have any questions.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I was a single mom traveling with a special needs son, a trip we had planned for 4 months. Upon arriving, we were given a room that didn't have a locking door and then dealt with a condescending front desk staff when reporting the problem. Staff of the supplied transportation provided us with different information each time we tried to use it, lots of finger pointing. Finally, upon check out, we accidentally left 2 important/expensive items in the room. Approximately 5 hours after checking out, we called to report the items as missing, hoping to get some help. The front desk put me into voice mail. I called back, was put again into voice mail. No return call either time. I called back at 1am and finally talked to a security person rather than voice mail. I was told I would get a call back or to call them at 10am the next morning. No call back, I called at 10am. I was told again, I would get a call back. No call back, I called again at 6pm. I was told that the cleaning crew had been questioned and no items were found. I was told that the cleaning crew NEVER misses left items and NEVER lies about items that are left, always turning them into the security staff. At no time did anyone offer to check the room for us. I've been invited to file a report with the Orlando police, and have left a message with them.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Rodewayinnintl, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Dear RegretingHotelChoice

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We would love to have the opportunity of speaking with you directly about these issues and hopefully regain your trust in our property and staff, below is the name and e-mail address for our general manager please feel free to contact him directly. In the meantime, we will share your review with our management staff and see what changes we need in order to improve the stay of our future guest.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope to hear from you again soon…

Tony Masmoudi

Rosen Inn

Tmasmoudi@roseninn.com

Reviewed December 29, 2010

I like the location of this hotel. It is very convenient to get to universal studio, the outlets, and seaworld. It is a very good budget hotel. There are tons of good food nearby, and supermarket if you want to be more economical. there is a fridge and microwave inside the room. There are 2 kinds of buses to get around the area, the LYNX public transit (no. 42, and 8) and the trolley (red line). Both buses stops right in front of the hotel.

The staff are very helpful during our stay, and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We've traveled quite a bit this year (and have even stayed in "better" hotel brands like the Marriot), but the one night that we stayed in the hotel was the best. The beds were so beyond comfortable that my fiance and I slept in an extra hour before checking out. It was also great for the value. We had decided to go to Halloween Horror Nights 3 days before we went, and we expected for the prices to be really high, but we paid about fifty dollars for the best night's sleep we got all year. Everything was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and I plan to return each time we stay in Orlando. Oh, and great location right on International Drive, really close to Universal and short drive from Disney!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmBck
Reviewed December 23, 2010

This was my third time staying at the Roseway Inn and I was impressed by the changes made. It is always a pleasant stay and the staff couldn't be friendlier. We are very much looking forward to returning next June for 2 weeks.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2010

The Rosen Inn (formerly Rodeway Inn) is conveniently located on international drive. Staff are eager to point out the recent refurbishment of the rooms, which were of a reasonable standard with a lovely firm bed. Rooms also had a fridge, coffee maker and microwave, which were helpful and i-pod connectors on the clock radio.

The bathroom was what I would describe as "surface clean", but tide marks were apparent around the bath which could have done with a little more attention. However as we were only using the shower this was not too much of an issue. Shower curtain was changed twice during our two week stay and the towels were fresh every day.

We booked through Virgin holidays and got two free breakfasts - otherwise $4.99 (or $7.98 with coffee or tea). We also got a free evening meal at the Shogun Japanese Steakhouse, which is well worth a visit for the entertainment of having your dinner cooked in front of you with flames, volcanos and other fun!

Location wise, Wet & wild is just across the street, Universal is a 25 minute walk away. The I-Ride trolley can transport you to the Outlet Malls, Seaworld or other locations on I_Drive. Lynx buses from the area will get you to Disney, Florida Mall or Mall at Millenia (they have an i-phone app with the timetables which is very handy!) and you can get a week long pass for around $17.

Having stayed in the area previously, I would also recommend the Fairfield Inn as it has free breakfast, but found the Rosen Inn almost as good.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple