3,328 results
All reviews shogun restaurant international drive universal studios palms restaurant trolley stop free shuttle breakfast buffet coffee maker fridge and microwave cleaned every day budget hotel min walk hotel is in a great location fresh towels guest services main building two double beds
Reviewed December 6, 2018 via mobile

I stayed 7 nights in Rosen inn closest to Universal before moving further down International drive to stay 7 nights at Rosen inn Pointe. The first Rosen is an amazing location for trips to Universal studios,Islands of adventure & Volcano bay.As I enjoy a walk I walked to the above parks which only takes 15-20 mins.If you don't like to walk or have kids etc the hotel has a shuttle service as they are a Universal partner. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and has excellent facilities with a restaurant, shop, a gym,a bar and an attached Japanese steakhouse. The pool is small but big enough for the size of the hotel. The rooms are large,clean and comfortable with fridge, microwave, safe and large flat screen TV. There is no resort fee which is a big plus as many similar hotels in the area have these extra fees to be paid at check in.
The breakfast is excellent as it offered many varied buffet options and this was also discounted for the duration of my stay. All in all excellent value and will stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
RosenHotels, Social Media at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2018

Thank you for your review, hoochpander! We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your experience with both of the Rosen hotels you stayed in. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Orlando when you return!

Best wishes,

Sean
Social Media Concierge
Rosen Hotels and Resorts

Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

My husband and myself stayed here again for a week in November, booked through Alpharooms. We were just as impressed as the first time. Check in was quick and easy. Had room on eight floor with view over pool and to the right Volcano Bay. Room was large and immaculately clean, with flat screen tv, microwave, coffee maker and fridge, two queen size beds. Ate breakfast each day buffet style in Palms Restaurant, plenty of choice and very tasty, refillable tea and coffee. Waiting staff were still there since we last stayed in 2015, a big shout out to Margaret, Joan and Liz, very friendly and efficient. Once again thank you Rosen Inn, would recommend as a place to stay on International Drive and not too far from Disney and Universal.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Thank you for your review KazMann02! I am glad you were comfortable in your room and was accommodated a great view. I am happy you enjoyed some of our amenities such as The Palms buffet restaurant. I am thrilled that our staff, especially Margaret, Joan and Liz were friendly and accommodating during your dining experience. I hope you had a safe trip home and visit us again soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2018

Stayed in the hotel for 5 nights (to November 29, 2018). First time in Orlando for just 5 days. When asked if the hotel front staff could advise where to buy tickets to the Disney's parks, I was forwarded to "a guy " in the lobby. The guy told that only that day I could benefit from excellent discount on two tickets packages. 25 minutes of talking and I bought a package for USD 720 for 3 days/ 4 parks. BUT, AFTER YOU PAY, you learn THAT YOU CAN GET TICKETS TOMORROW AT THEIR OTHER LOCATION NEARBY WHERE YOU NEED TO ATTEND A PRESENTATION OF THE NEW PROPERTY and learn about LUCRATIVE DEALS. Why not, if you are thinking about a quiet spot for future retirement? He added that to "be eligible" I need to say that I am a single mother (which I am not and happily married). Long story short, - 3 minutes after beginning of the "presentation" you realize they are selling vacation life-time club. But there is no way to escape, as each attendee is assigned a sales representative who will follow you even to the bathroom. At the end of the old-style 90 minutes oral presentation, the sales rep will tell you that the company invested $500/per person for this event and if you don't want to buy, - they would return money for Disney tickets. Imagine the frustration? When you have two kids waiting for you with tickets at the hotel room? As a result, after a few humiliating conversations with the staff of various levels, and wasted 2.5 hours of my precious vacation time,I got my tickets. THE TERMS OF THE TICKET DEAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLEARLY EXPLAINED IN THE FIRST PLACE AT ROSEN INN LOBBY to allow customer make a decision.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank LyudmylaK8
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2018

Thank you for your detailed review about Wyndham, LyudmylaK8. I am sorry for the experience you had with them and will let management staff know. They are a third party company and not affiliated with us but this still needs to be addressed. I hope you had a great stay with us and can visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2018

We recently had a very good stay at this hotel. We needed a hotel for 2 nights prior to our villa being available and we were pleasantly surprised. We sent an email request for a top floor room in the main building to which they kindly replied and managed to give. Check in was quick and all were staff friendly. The room was clean and the beds very comfy, which was so pleasing after a long flight from Spain via a stop over in the UK for a few hours. We had a view of Volcano Bay and the facilities in the room worked well ie fridge/shower. We spent the time exploring I.Drive, even though we have been to Florida countless times and not stayed at any park hotels hadn't really stopped there before, which was interesting and kept us entertained. Plenty of different places to eat, some gift stores, walking distance to Universal parks, Fun Spot and the Orlando Coke Cola Eye (for us anyway and we are mid 50y´s). The Lynx buses go everywhere, (they take mobility scooters & wheelchairs) they also pick up and drop off at points of all parks (discounted for unlimited travel tickets from CVS Pharmacies or online) and run much later than the hotels shuttles so you can stay for fireworks etc , or you can hop on the I.Trolley for places along I.Drive (again discounted tickets for unlimited travel). We had a restful few days, no noise from other guests only some from the traffic as its near the I4 but it never kept us awake. We have stayed in many places along the 192 but we would definitely check for availability at the Rosen Inn, nearest Universal, the next time we need a hotel.

1  Thank brit-xpat
RosenHotels, Social Media at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2018

Thank you for your comprehensive review! We are quite pleased that you found all of our facilities accommodating and that our location was convenient for you. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Best wishes,

Sean
Social Media Concierge
Rosen Hotels and Resorts

Reviewed November 27, 2018

Checkin was unproblematic. We even managed to arrange a late checkout for a reasonable charge. We were housed in the west building and it was quiet, the room was clean and spacious and the beds were comfortable. Housekeeping kept things shipshape every day and made sure we were re-stocked on clean towels, coffee etc.
We went to the inhouse pubs happy hour a couple of times and prices were similar to UK ones during that period. The Japanese meal we had here was both delicious and entertaining...highly recommended.
There is a well stocked shop with just about everything you are likely to need on your stay as well as some light bites, salads etc and the staff were very helpful.
We had paid for the buffet breakfast in advance and have to say the food was good and there was plenty of variety available. Staff in the diningoom were kept busy constantly and kept refills oc coffee and juice coming. What a pity they dont open for other meals though as that would be good for those having a quiet day in.
Park tickets were easy to buy at tge guest relations desk but be careful not to get caught up in cheaper tickets in return for a day of whats basically hard sell timeshare properties. Easy also to arrange free shuttle to the Universal parks and Seaworld at the main desk the day before you are going.
REchecking in for flights is easily done at their wifi desk free of charge in the lobby but the wifi in the rooms is a bit patchy....sometimes great and at other times dropping out.....perhaps a problem in the west building more than the main one,
Altogether this was a reasonably priced, comfortable stay in a well placed hotel right on I Drive with trolley stops right outside to take you everywhere on I drive you want to go. Buy a pass for next to nothing and just enjoy the ride!

Room tip: Ask for main building high floor overlooking Volcano Bay
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2018

Thank you for your review, Linda S! I am glad you enjoyed some of our amenities such as our complimentary WiFi, The Palms restaurant for our breakfast buffet, Shogun hibachi restaurant, and complimentary shuttle service to Universal Studios and SeaWorld. I am happy you were comfortable in your rooms and our Housekeeping staff made you feel at home. I hope you had an amazing vacation and visit us again soon!