“Truly a good value”
Review of Rosen Inn

Rosen Inn
Ranked #103 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 6, 2005

I have to say that this hotel was a super value. My family of 5 just returned from a stay in Orlando & we visited only Universal Studios. The room was clean and I was fairly surprised at the size...a little roomier than some hotels I have visited recently that were not as economical. We were so close to Universal that we opted to skip the free shuttle but other guests were very complimentary of the shuttle service. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast buffet was ok...a good variety of items, not gourmet quality but if you have kids, it's a pretty good deal @6.99 per adult w/ kids eating free(a little helpful note - any beverages other than water, coffee, milk or tea cost extra: my children wanted orange juice the first morning and we were charged an extra 3.00 for two tiny tiny glasses of juice.) Honestly, if I didn't have kids, I think I would try the 3.99 breakfast buffets that were advertised across the street. One of the guests had some kind of coupon, but when I asked at the desk for any coupons for the hotel restaurant, I was only given one for Shogun. The only real fault I found with this hotel was the hot water. It was warm and was fine for my husband, but I'm one of those people who like really HOT showers. Everyone was helpful and someone was sent to my room within ten minutes of my complaint about the water, but after testing the water, the repairman told me that the water in the hotel just doesn't get any hotter, which was fine. We paid around $40 a night for our room and I just really think it was a great deal. Security guards were on duty and in sight daily so I felt very safe. Despite the water and the so-so breakfast buffet, the room was great, the staff was excellent, the location was perfect, and the price was outstanding.

17  Thank lisab6
Write a ReviewReviews (3,050)

Lanarkshire,Scotland
Reviewed February 3, 2005

Stayed in the rodeway the first 2 weeks of the new year and felt the hotel was very good value.Room was average size,cleaned every day,fresh towels and had all you needed.The fridge and microwave were a bonus as was the safety deposit box which you dont need to pay for!staff were helpful and friendly and breakfast was good.We ate there every morning as the choices were more than adequete(how many choices do you need for brekkie!)Pool area was also clean although water was not heated we were`nt there to splash about in pool for 2 weeks!20 min walk to universal also a bonus.We were on the 2nd floor and didnt experience any smells,although some people we spoke to did on other floors.All in all a good base at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2005

We stayed in the Rodeway Inn in May 2004 for 2 weeks. The location was fabulous. There were so many restaurants and shops within walking distance. The room was basic and could do with a bit of an overhaul, but it was clean and the view was fantastic! The pool was really quiet during the week, but got busy at weekends when busloads of school kids appeared. The rooms were quiet at all times though. I would recommend this hotel. It's not the Ritz, but it's a good value hotel in a great location!

• Stayed: May 2004
12  Thank GlasgowChick
Fergus Falls, MN
Reviewed January 11, 2005

We just spent four beautiful days in Orlando. We booked the Rodeway Inn International for both the low price and the great reviews we had read. We were not disappointed! The hotel is basic, but nice and clean. Maid service every day. Friendly staff. And the anniversary special not only got us a super rate, but other great amenities. The Shogun restaurant was excellent! The breakfast buffet was basic but hot and tasty and a coupon brought the price down to $4 each. We loved our stay here and would definitely book again! The location was ideal also.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NORFOLK, UK
Reviewed January 8, 2005

We had our first holiday to Orlando and we can say that every bit about it was wonderful including the hotel. For a budget hotel i could not have asked for more. How many budget hotels have a free safe, fridge and micro wave, Plus plenty of Tv channels free plus you could rent movies too. The room was a lot bigger than some expensive rooms i have stayed in.

The breakfast was basic but had what you wanted and the children didn't moan once which was a bonus. All staff at the hotel were lovely and really helpful, problems dealt with quickly. We had a problem with the blinds but within 2 minutes of telling them it was fixed, now thats service.

The location of the Hotel was ideal for people who like to explore and it was easy for us to get from a to b using the I- tram which was very cheap to use when you buy a weekly ticket. If you want to visit Disney often it can get very expensive as you are quit far away from the resort but we had a good deal through virgin for transport which helped.

The only thing i could say was disappointing was the pool it was just too small for the hotel but then again Wet and wild water park was just across the road.

I would love to go back to the hotel again, This year we are going to a disney hotel because we want to explore disney abit more and experience what its like to stay on site.

Overall a great hotel to being staying in.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed January 6, 2005

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn on International Drive, Orlando the week before Christmas. Great location in terms of accessibility. We got a AAA price of $36+tax. Friendly staff. Rooms are clean but look old. We stayed in two different rooms as we went to Daytona Beach during the middle of our trip. The smells in the two rooms were different. My wife found the smell in one room a bit strong but we got used to it in 5 minutes. I think the carpets haven't been changed in a long time, but don't get me wrong. ..this is a great hotel for the price and that comes from experience as I travel a lot on business. I did notice that previous reviews said that getting a pressing iron was a problem. I believe that is true, but if you ask the previous night instead of waiting till morning, you may have better luck. Also asking the housekeeping personnel directly may help as I saw an Iron on their cart. There was a lady called "Bee" at the tourism info counter in the lobby. She was very helpful and she knows Orlando and its theme parks very well. Walgreens is 5-10 minute walk and their prices are cheaper compared to the foodmart in the building next to the hotel. We got tickets for Sea World for $20 per ticket from the travel counter in the entryway to Ponderosa. The catch was that we had to take a 2 hour tour of Wyndham Resort Timeshare property near Walt Disneyworld. The tour turned out to be a 3 hour high pressure sales pitch. Since we did not fall for their pitch, we were able to visit Sea World for a third of the price. You can enter Sea World a second time for free as long as you validate your ticket at guest services before exiting, and you come back within 7 days. All in all, I highly recommend Rodeway Inn International Orlando if budget is one of your concerns.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 6, 2005

My husband and I were at the Rodeway from Jan 1st to Jan 4th and enjoyed staying at the hotel since we were on a very tight budget. We spend $335 CDN for flight (Toronto), 3 nights at the Rodeway, and all taxes. I had read almost all the reviews before and I agree the hotel was very clean and comfortable. It had the basic needs of what you need in a hotel, don't expect too much and you wouldn't be disappointed. We used the Lynx Bus to get back and forth from the airport to the hotel, costs us $2.50 US FOR THE BOTH OF US! and drops us off right front of the hotel.. it was a great money saver, but it takes a hour. Service at the hotel is top notch: We had one problem with the telephone and it was resolved right away. I asked for a bottle of shampoo and we got four. If I were to go back to Orlando I would definately consider this hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2005