There are three Rosen hotels in the general area. This one is the closest to the Universal theme parks entrance. Be careful when taking taxis to the hotel as they often assume you are staying at the Rosen International which is several blocks away. On the subject of taxis, also note that taxis will not drop you at the main entrance to Universal. They will instead only take you the main entry point for all public transport where hundreds, even thousands of people converge early in the morning for bag checking and the 10 minute walk through Universal City walk to the Park entrances. Even though it’s almost next door to the Park entrances it takes 40 minutes in the shuttle bus as the bus also picks up at the other Rosen’s on the way.
The Rosen is a well-run, clean tidy hotel with onsite shop, gift shop, bar, restaurant, and ticket purchase desk. The staff are friendly and helpful although not that knowledgeable about any of the Parks or the logistics attached to getting there or entry. Don’t expect anything other than the ability to purchase tickets. The rooms are spacious and clean. We stayed for a week in August 2013 and visited Disney (20 minute cab ride) and Universal Parks each day during the stay. Breakfast was a help-yourself all-inclusive buffet (except for fruit juices which were extra) and the food was fresh, hot and good value (eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, cereals, croissants, etc.) The bar has TVs and multiple pool tables for evening time entertainment and the pool area was safe and clean. There is also a video games room and a workout facility.
We four adults had a great time during our stay and highly recommend the Rosen as a very convenient location for visits to the Orlando Parks. Suggestion – ask for a room away from the elevators and laundry rooms as people come and go throughout the night and it can get noisy. There are multiple restaurants and minor attractions in the general vicinity within easy walking distance and the area seems safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Rosen Inn, an affordable hotel conveniently located in the heart of world-famous entertainment and shopping in Orlando. Stay with us and experience the resort atmosphere and quality that is the standard of the Rosen Hotel & Resorts family of properties. This Rosen Inn hotel closest to Universal Orlando(R) Resort and near Wet n' Wild(R) Orlando offers more than convenience in location. It also offers comfort, security, and its own set of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosen Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Hotel Orlando
- Rodeway International Inn
- Rodeway Inn Orlando
- Rodeway Inn International Orlando Fl
- Orlando Rodeway Inn