“Nice hotel. Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosen Inn

Rosen Inn
Ranked #104 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel. Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel for 2 weeks myself and my girlfriend. Overall the hotel is very clean and presentable. The rooms are fairly basic which was fine, only irritating thing was that the balcony doors don't open so to get fresh air into the room is impossible. Good to have constant air conditioning and good selection of tv channels. Another rather annoying aspect was the fact the hotel stated no soliciting yet every night we had 2 to 3 flyers put under our door from local takeaway places. By the end of the 2 weeks had around 50 of them which was ridiculous? Found a lot of people must have been annoyed by this as there was a lot torn up in the hallways.

The hotel has everything you really need if your spending most of your time out and about rather than in the hotel all day. Has a good enough pool and also features breakfast buffet which is more or less the same every day with a decent enough selection. Hotel has transport links to the parks free which is a nice feature to have and most of the staff are helpful enough. Perfect location on international drive. Would stay at this hotel again and recommend it.

1 Thank Skxo
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thanks for staying with us here at Rosen Inn closest to Universal. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montrose, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have just arrived back in the UK after spending 2 weeks in Orlando staying at the Rosen Inn, excellent service very nice people and an excellent location. Unfortunately their is a down side to this hotel and that is all the smoking that goes on in public areas. It was a disgrace to find that we could not st outside the zebra sports bar, lite bite cafe or even sit within the swimming pool areas and not be poisoned with nicotine fumes. If i were to come backthis issue wold have to be addressed, other than that great family holiday had by all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Our apologies for our guests not being considerate of others by smoking only in the designated smoking areas.
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was our second stay at the Rosen Inn, this time with two of our grandchildren aged 3, and can not fault the hotel in any way. on our arrival we welcomed by very helpful staff at the reception,and shown to our room by Chuck the porter. we were on the sixth floor and the room was very comfortable and clean. we would like to give a special thanks to Ivonne at the reception for all her help and assistance and being so friendly towards us,and also to Joan in the restaurant. The hotel has a great location and is close to all attractions, shops and restaurants. We would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Florida, and we will definately stay there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter M
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thanks for recommending us here at Rosen Inn closest to Universal. It is always the staff's pleasure to be of service.
Abington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Perfect location. The hotel offers a "free shuttle to parks". Which is actually a Park bus that stops at various hotels, and is also on a schedule so it will do 5-6 pickups, (8:15am being the earliest) and about the same number of returns, the latest being a 10:15pm pickup from the park. This is where location comes in - we found it much easier just to walk to Universal, CityWalk, Islands of Adventure. It's about a 20 minute walk, and the directions couldn't be easier - take a left out of the hotel up International Drive then a left on to Universal Blvd and your there in no time. Plus the hotel is diagonally across the street from Wet N Wild. Dont forget to take the kids across the street to feed the live alligators at the mini golf place!

They do have a third party shuttle service in the main lobby, "TRCM Transport". the driver's were super friendly- but for the $10 charge to the parks.....we preferred to walk. But if your in a pinch and need a ride, they are available

Staff was friendly, rooms were clean, and cleaned daily. the king bed was so comfortable I wanted to fold it in half and put it in my carry-on luggage (trust me we tried with no success)

The pool was perfect, but the towels by the pool for your use were comically small - not a "big" deal, but they made me chuckle.

The breakfast buffet was worth every penny of the $7 per person - Plus Margret our waitress was so friendly, nice and sincere - she's the perfect person to be pouring our coffee (which was excellent) early in the morning and asking how everything is. We didn't check out out Shogun, but it's right on the property

Overall this hotel made the trip nice, and we couldn't beat the value/service.

Shall return!

3 Thank Delta587
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments and choosing Rosen for your stay. We are indeed in a great location. It's great that our services and staff helped to make your stay an enjoyable one.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a wonderful two week stay at the Rosen Inn. We were staying in room 931 - which was exactly as we had requested in an email we sent a week before we went away, as it was on the highest floor of the main building, with an extremely comfortable king sized bed and it was also the furthest room away from the elevators.
Check in was very quick and easy and the staff on the reception desk were very cheerful and helpful.
We were very pleased when we saw the room - very clean and plenty of space with a view of Universal Studios and the northern end of International Drive. Furniture included a king bed (far bigger than any we have stayed in before), a wardrobe, drawers, a dressing table, small fridge, microwave, two armchairs and a small table. There was plenty of storage, but I did find that it was useful to take a few more coat hangers, as there wasn't a great deal provided. A safe was also provided and the reception sent up security on request to show you how to work it. A large flat screen TV was also provided with a large amount of channels available. We had two problems during the holiday; firstly with a broken fridge and secondly that the television was not receiving signal, however upon ringing up reception from the phone in the room, the problems were soon rectified. One thing I did find odd is that, despite the provision of a microwave and fridge, there was no cutlery of plates provided, but Walgreens (a 5 minute walk north) did sell these. Also the phone in the room provided local calls for free - so we were able to order a takeaway to be delivered to the room - however some takeaways were delivering menus to the rooms and we found out that the hotel do not allow you to use these takeaways and they hold a variety of menu's for different takeaways - we highly recommend Brooklyn Pizza which is located a few minutes south of the Rosen Inn on I-Drive who delivered promptly when we didn't want to leave the hotel due to the thunderstorms! The cleaners did start early, but always knocked before they entered and you were welcome to use the do not disturb sign and they would come back later. They did a wonderful job and always provided clean towels and changed the bedding regularly. We did not use the pool - as Wet and Wild was so close we chose to go there instead!
Some have said that the bathrooms are small - I completely disagree. The bathroom consists of a large bath with an overhead shower with different settings and a toilet, just outside of the bathroom was the sink and hairdryer. I see no reason to complain about this because it didn't cause any problems during our stay and it is clearly stated by the hotel that this is the layout of the room. The sink area is fairly small and cannot hold a great deal of toiletries, but we simply kept the rest on the dressing table.
One of the main reasons that we chose this hotel initially was due to it's location - it is literally across the road from Wet and Wild and is very close to Universal - a 20 minute walk (after Walgreens, cross the road to the north and then turn left onto Universal and follow the road) or a short ride in a taxi for just over $5 - which came in handy when the weather was either boiling hot or during thunderstorms! As mentioned before Walgreens is particularly close and sells groceries and pretty much everything you would need during your holiday. There were a great deal of restaurants within walking distance offering a variety of food. It was also very easy to catch an I trolley as Stop 10 South is right next to the hotel, and Stop 10 North is just across the road next to Ponderosa, making it very easy to travel to SeaWorld, Aquatica and the Outlets (a map of I Drive is provided at the stops and maps are also available in the leaflets provided for on the trolley showing the location of all major restaurants and attractions.)
As aforementioned, all of the staff were very helpful during our stay. There is a small shop on site which sells drinks, souvenirs, snacks and other food such as sandwiches and salads. They also provide a breakfast buffet and meals - however we did not try either of these so I cannot comment on the quality, only on the availability. We checked out of the hotel at 11 am which was lovely as other hotels tend to have an earlier check out time, and this allowed us to get an extra hour of sleep - valuable when you have a long flight home! They also had a locked room where you keep your suitcases and are given a card so they know which case is yours - and we felt very safe leaving our belongings there whilst we enjoyed our last few hours in Orlando.
I cannot recommend this hotel more - it is a perfect base for those travelling to Orlando with the intention of using the hotel as a base for visiting the parks and if we choose to return to Orlando, which we hope to do, we will be returning to the Rosen Inn without a seconds thought.
Do not hesitate to book this hotel and enjoy!

Room Tip: Email the hotel and request a room on a high floor and away from the elevators, no noise whatsoever...
9 Thank Vicki321
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you much for recommending us here at Rose Inn closest to Universal. We look forward to seeing you again.
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

After being in Florida for 11 nights, this was the last leg of our journey before our return home.
We had just done a 2hr drive from St Petes and arrived at the Rosen at midday. My sister-in-law had requested an early check in previous to arrival and was told it shouldn't be a problem. Upon arrival, the receptionist informed her that a room was not yet ready and could and would not give an estimated time to come back. They did however allow us to keep our luggage in a secured room whilst we waited.

First impressions of the reception area was good - for the money we paid, I had a good feeling about this - there was a tourist information point which looked full stocked of leaflets etc, a mini supermarket which was fully stocked with all essentials, I caught a glimpse of a small games arcade room and spotted signs to an on-site restaurant. Everywhere was clean. So far so good.

I then dealt with a receptionist who I didn't find very helpful. After taking me through usual check-in procedures, I was not told my room number or when I'd be able to check in. I wasn't even sure she had finished dealing with me, because the conversation didn't seem to come to a natural finish, so I was left lingering, wondering if she was doing something on the computer but still dealing with me. I had to physically ask if she had finished to which she replied yes. As for the room number, I was later told by my sister in law that it was presented on the computerised screen that I had to sign - something which the receptionist should have told me.

After a few hours, both myself and my boyfriend came back to see if we could check in - this time it was a different receptionist (I have never seen such a quick turn-over of staff! Every time you passed reception there was someone different on it). A receptionist told me she would ring house maintainance, which she did there and then - whilst this was happening, we sat down in the waiting area, expecting her to come off the phone and update us on what was happening - but nothing. We waited approx. 20 mins before we were told our room is ready. We were given our room cards and was half directed to our room.

There are 2 buildings to this hotel (I don't like calling it hotel because in my eyes, its not, but just for an easy life...) - there's a tall building that looks a little bit more renovated, then there's the one we were in, which was 3, possibly 4 storeys high. We were on floor 3 (even though I requested a high room, but whatever...). I was getting bad vibes as soon as we entered the lift - the rooms seemed so accessible from the outside (i.e. any Tom Dick or Harry could wander in), but what was worse, was all rooms were directly on a public 'balcony' or corridor, so anyone walking past is directly outside your room/window, which I found a bit....creepy, and pretty off-putting, seeing random shadows walking past.

The room itself - all I can say is I think the photos on the websites are very misleading. I'm not one to book high quality 5* luxury hotels, but I do have standards, and a bad hotel room will put a dampner on my holiday. There were 2 beds in the room, both of which was 3-quarter size (i.e. in between a single and double size). That instantly meant we had a bed to ourselves, which yes, is good for space, but I'd feel sorry for any honeymooners that came here! (You couldn't push the beds together either). The beds themselves were pretty comfy but whilst I'm on the topic - My brother, sister-in-law and 2yr old niece were also staying in the same hotel, and got given exactly the same room as us, which meant 2 adults sharing a 3 quarter sized bed whilst the child had a bed to herself. Needless to say, both my brother and his wife got very little sleep due to lack of space. How they expect 2 adults to share a bed that size is beyond me. Good job they aren't obese!

The room was very dated - the colour scheme was horrendous - Wine red with a light yellow wall and mahogany furniture, I felt like I had taken a trip to the 70's. The only modern thing in the room was the Samsung TV!

The worst bit was the bathroom area - a very strange set up - the bathroom itself consisted of a bath with an over-head shower (which looked very dated to look at, but was actually a very powerful shower) and a toilet. The bath itself couldn't have been level because I felt like I was forever slipping towards the plug hole - it was almost as if it dipped a little. A bathmat was provided (to probably stop this from happening) but I really didn't fancy using a 'public' bathmat. In the joining section was the sink, a small fridge and microwave. This section was 'shut off' from the bedroom by 2 wooden shutter doors.

Although the floors and bath area looked clean, there were signs that this place needs to be renovated - the nets at the window had signs of mould. The bottom of the bath near the plug hole was peeling (see photos). The air-con, although pretty good, looked like it had seen better days (a large unit near the window that gathered condensation very quickly which resulted in a lot of water on top of the unit itself) (see photo).

I can't comment on any of the hotel facilities as I didn't use any. The pool looked pretty clean and never seemed to get busy, and there were always sun loungers free.

On the positive side - this hotel was close to a lot of amenities, being a 5 min walk to Wet n Wild waterpark, ample restaurants and tourist shops, all in walking distance. One day we walked to universal which took approx. 20mins, so its very central for those without car hire.
Taxis from Universal ranged from $6-$9.

For those that are on a budget and aren't bothered what their hotel room looks like, and for someone that just wants to rest their head at night, this is for you.
However for me, I'm glad that this was only a 3 night stay - if I did the full 2 weeks here I'm not sure what I would have done. I like a little space to get ready (especially bathroom space) but this really didn't provide it - it made me not want to be in there, and shower time really was not enjoyable.

Would I come here again? Definitely not. I'd be intrigued to see the recently renovated rooms though!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room!
1 Thank KateLouise85
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Rosen last time we were in Florida sn excellent budget hotel with wonderful staff who are always willing to help most memorably Joan who runs the breakfast restaurant and Alan the barman, would recommend to anyone especially a family rooms are an excellent size with easy access to all attractions via bus or car.

An excellent hotel with wonderful staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lesley K
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thanks for your comments.