“Great location”
Review of Rosen Inn

Rosen Inn
Ranked #106 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We are nearing the end of our stay here. The location is great near wet n wild and within walking distance of universal.
The staff is great. I hurt my back on Monday and the staff really helped me in getting through to my insurance company and helping me out. Unfortunately our Holiday has been ruined as I can't get out now but that's only an excuse to come back.
There has been enough in the hotel to keep my 13 yr old son amused while I've been stuck in bed. He was even able to bring breakfast up to me when I couldn't get down stairs.
Everyone has been very helpful and kind. I would come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angelcake_9
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

We are pleased our staff went the extra mile to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,071)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here with my sisters and my terminally ill mother in February and would never advise anyone with disabilities to stay here. My mothers last holiday was spoiled by these people, they did nothing but harass us the entire stay. Threatened to kick us out of the hotel all week saying my mother urinated their bed but could not show us where the alleged stain was. They had my mother in tears, all she wanted was to make some nice final memories with us but she died thinking she spoiled our holiday. She did nothing wrong, these people just picked us out to try and make and extra few dollars. Our room was never cleaned by house keeping and there was never an apology to my mum for their mistake saying she ruined a mattress. They should be ashamed of theirselves for the way they discriminated

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Stace23Y
Reviewed June 13, 2013

stayed here june 2012..my kids and i loved it that much that we have booked same hotel again for june 2014! rooms have everything you need,comfy bed fridge and microwave. hotel offers shuttle service to theme parks ..location is perfect on international drive.pool lovely and clean staff very helpfull and breakfasts are great price and tasty! this hotel offers everything you need for a perfect holiday to florida! would certainly reccommend and next year cant come quick enough for us!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sharon p

We are so glad your family enjoyed their stay. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked our reservation as part of an offer that gave us a discount for staying multiple nights so the stay was a very good value. We had a room in the 7th floor with a pool view. The room itself was nice and comfortable but the bathroom was very small. The refrigerator and microwave were great.

The room was very clean with the exception of the coffee maker tray that had sugar spilled from a previous guest. The only noise issues we had was with traffic from I-4 and I-Drive. There is an almost 2 inch gap between the door and the floor which is odd.

The hotel in general feels old but is well kept and much cleaner than many of the motels on International Drive.

I have stayed at other Rosen family hotels in Orlando and although this one is the most basic it was also my favorite because it was more peaceful. The token machine at the arcade wasn't working so we couldn't play the games. The fitness center is basic and although we didn't use the pool it looked like the guests were having fun.

The all you can eat breakfast is an excellent value for $6 and the food was pretty good, much better than the Quality Inn International which is owned by the same company yet charges over $10 per person for the same food. The Lite Bite had a more limited variety of options when compared to the other Rosen family hotels but the prices were better too as I always felt price gouged at the Quality Inn International and Rosen Inn at Pointe.

We received a survey about our stay the day after check out which rewarded us with 10% off our next stay which I found a nice touch.

Overall I would stay here again when seeking a simple place to sleep when visiting the theme parks. If you are looking for extra amenities or plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bandora

Thank you for staying at our Rosen properties.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

A no frills hotel, Rosen Inn provides all the basic amenities you'll need but is definitely not a fancy hotel. This is a great hotel to stay at if all you're looking for is a comfortable place to rest and recharge after a busy day at the theme parks. Comfortable bed, small but clean bathroom, coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge, iron and ironing board, free WiFi can all be found in your room.

Forgot your toothbrush or maybe you don't like the shampoo provided? There's a mini-mart right next to the lobby where you can purchase any forgotten necessities, snacks, and drinks. I found this useful at night if I had a case of the munchies (they serve hot dogs and buffalo wings up until 11:30pm).

As another reviewer mentioned, the hotel doesn't provide free breakfast but then considering how affordable the rates are at this hotel, it was a small trade-off for me. $5.99 per person will get you access to a spread of breakfast foods: eggs, sausage, bacon, cereals, muffin, fruits, pancakes, oatmeal, grits. Beverages other than water will also cost you an additional charge.

This hotel was chosen because of its proximity to Universal Studios, the free shuttle to Universal and its affordability. I went in not expecting much and while I might not return to the same hotel, because there are so many hotel choices in Orlando, I wouldn't hesitate to say that I had a good stay here.

FYI
- A cab to/from Disney will cost about $35-40, depending on traffic
- There are multiple Rosen Inns/Hotels in the area, make sure to specify the right one (this is the Rosen Inn by Universal)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank J L
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thanks for sharing your stay with us here at Rosen.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Well I have to say we thought this hotel was ideal for what we wanted. Easy access to most attractions via free transfer bus or I-Drive buses ($12 for 7 days unlimited travel up and down International Drive every 15-20 mins (May 2013) Admittedly we didn't do Disney but I'm sure that would be just as easy. The staff were friendly and helpful and the place was clean, the pool was small but to be honest only a few people used it anyway so it was fine the few times we used it. If you just want "a base to stay" then I would say this is the place if you want "all singing and dancing entertainment" at the hotel then this is not the place for you.

We want to say thank you and we will be back ;-D

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Emma B

Thank you much for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Pros: Cheap, free Internet, nice pool, comfy beds, on I-Drive and next to Wet-n-Wild and around the corner from Universal. Within walking distance of a DQ, a souvenir shop and a few restaurants.
Cons: No free breakfast, free Internet is very slow. Shuttle tickets are limited and are on a first come first serve basis and you can bring strollers or wheelchairs in them, the shuttles also only have ONE RETURN TIME.
my family and I stayed here right after memorial day. We made our reservation two days after Christmas and requested adjoining rooms. We didn't get them. Called three times to verify prior to leaving and were told we'd have adjoining room, they STILL got the reservation wrong. Called multiple times to request a crib--finally got it--after the third call.
The breakfast ($7.00 after tax) was OK, and had a lot of variety, kids were free (under 9) but OJ and Apple juice was extra (Really??) the pool was nice and usually empty. The rooms were very loud and no matter how hard you tried it was impossible to not slam the door. The walls are thin. There is an ar arcade that only takes tokens and the laundry/dryer only takes tokens and doesn't dry very well (we had to dry everything twice). I needed to print something and asked them about printer options and they directed me to a pay-per-print kiosk in the lobby. Really? The shuttle only leaves once per day, they can't take wheelchairs or strollers with them and they only have one return time. So if you miss the shuttle, your screwed, and if your tired and want to come home early, your screwed. Won't be staying here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AmberleighP
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing the insight of your recent stay with us here at Rosen. Though specific room requests, such adjoining rooms, are dependent on arrival availability, we sincerely apologize that we were not able to honor your request. However, whenever you stay at a Rosen property, we invite you to ask for the Manager so that they can have the opportunity to be of further service to you. And it is unfortunate that the shuttle bus service, which is independent, did not have a schedule or accommodations to meet your needs. Again, we here at Rosen thank you for sharing your insight as it helps us to improve on the services and goods we provide.