“Great stay for Disney” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #106 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Tracy City, Tennessee
“Great stay for Disney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We very much liked our stay at the Rosen Inn. We had intended on staying on the Gulf side of Florida but Tropical Storm Debby made us change our plans. We started out paying for 2 nights and we liked the hotel and the location so much, we stayed one more. The room was very nice and we didn't have to pay a Disney resort price. We were close to great places to eat. Only complaints were that the main business area of the lobby was very congested and the pool was full of teens that were left unsupervised. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and it was quiet especially considering the amount of people staying th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank VONNAKAYE
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are very glad you hear you had a great time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

we was placed here at Rosen inn,as econolodge was closed for updated. The staff was wonderful very polite,nothing was to must trouble.The hotel room was average we stayed on the 8th floor and had a lovely view over looking universal studios,We never tried the breakfast in the hotel we went over to the ponderosa perfect to fill up on a long day ahead.There was a I ride stop right outside the hotel , We walked it to universal all the time took around 15 to 20 minutes,I would stay in Rosen inn again.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 8 th floor facing universal and wet and wild, and it was quiet
Jacksonville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for one night on January 4, 2013. We were visiting Universal and wanted some place close. I was skeptical because of the price, but the Rosen Inn had good reviews and was minutes away from Universal so we booked it. We were at the parks all day and arrived at the hotel close to 9 pm. Front desk staff was very nice and also the woman in the gift shop. Our room looked just like the photos, however, it had a very strong bleach smell when we went in. I tried to open the door to the tiny balcony to air it out, but it was on the 7th floor and the sliding doors do not open. I tried to console myself that the bleach smell at least indicated it was cleaned. I was having trouble sleeping which turned out to be a good thing because I started to itch. After a few minutes I got up, turned on the light and saw bed bugs all over the sheets on my bed!! I checked my daughter's bed but didn't see any bugs there although she was itching. I then called the front desk. Within 5 minutes, two security guards came to the room and confirmed the bugs. They moved us immediately to another room on the 9th floor. If it wasn't 1 am, I would have left, but I didn't want to take the bugs with me. The security guard told me it was not a problem at the hotel. They must have been brought in by the previous guest. He said the room and surrounding rooms will be closed for at least a week to treat the problem. They do not take this lightly. I was not comforted. At the very least, I felt like they didn't clean the room very well between guests. I spent the rest of the night showering several times, then going through every single item I had to check for bed bugs. I unfortunately had to throw away all of the clothes we were wearing. I could not imagine ever being comfortable wearing them again. I then wrapped the rest up in plastic bags. Early the next morning I called to speak to the manager. She was not on property so I asked for large bags to place our luggage in. I didn't want to put them in my car. Housekeeping brought up a roll of large garbage bags. I wrapped everything several times and we left. The manager on duty did call me, not once, but twice, which I found commendable. When I was able to return her call, she was very apologetic. I booked through Expedia and she already had begun the paperwork to refund my room. She explained that it would be faster though if I contacted Expedia and then had them contact the hotel. I did and the money was refunded.

In my many years of traveling, I never encountered a bed bug so this was a horrible experience. I spent the next two days cleaning everything we brought with us and my entire car.

If you choose to stay here, or any hotel for that matter, be sure to check for bed bugs!! Review information online for simple steps you can take when you check in to avoid having this happen to you.

15 Thank JJaxtraveler
Southsea UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed her many years ago,and the standard was poor, but this time we stayed here as this was the only one available at the time in our cruise and stay deal,we were pleasantly surprised as most of the rooms had been renovated,as was the reception area and the staff could not do enough for us.Good complimentry shuttle to Universal must book the day before.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our two kids and myself just recently stayed at this Rosen Inn. At first I was skeptical because of the low price, but the already existing good to great reviews put me at easy and I booked the room. After making our reservations via the hotels main site - which everyone should do, as most of the time the rates through a hotel directly are less than on the main travel sites and the hotel saves the commission - I called to make sure we weren't going to receive a "pet friendly" room. The clerk I spoke with was polite, friendly and professional. And this goes to say for every other experience with personnell at this hotel. Check-in and Check-out front desk clerks where just as friendly and professional. The lady who manned the register in the gift shop that evening, our waitress at breakfast the next morning and so on. To top it off, the overall property as well as our guest room was spotlessly clean and we felt safe and comfortable at all times. Thank you, Rosen Inn, for a short but wonderful stay - we will be back!

RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back some day!
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

No complaints. very impressed with value. The only problems we encountered were immediately resolved by a call to the front desk. Will stay here again if I plan to visit Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure.

• Stayed January 2013
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've stayed for 4 nights and booked two rooms for MLK weekend. They have two different buildings, the main one which used to be a 2 stars Rodeway Inn and a smaller one next door which is much worse than the old Rodeway.
The room assigned to us in the main building are 3 star average in decoration and size; but the room we got in the small building was small, smelly (the classic cheap Orlando hotel smell that I wish I could explain here but if you've been in one of those hotels I'm sure you got me). They offer a buffet breakfast for $7 which is OK.
They offer complimentary wifi internet but even if you can see the signal, the service doesn't work most of the time and if it works, the speed is 10 times slower than the old 1995 dial up. Conclusion: For a couple of extra dollars you can book a much better hotel in the area.

Room Tip: If you need to work using the internet, forget about this hotel.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We apologize for the issues you experienced with our Wi-Fi internet. We are beginning work on our wireless internet overhaul next week to provide more access points for our guests to connect to. Thank you for letting us know. We are working to improve for your next Orlando visit.