“Our hotel of choice”
Review of Rosen Inn

Rosen Inn
Ranked #106 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I are season pass holders at Universal and Islands of Adventure. We have stayed in the Orlando many times at many different hotels. This is definitely the greatest value of all the places we have stayed. The rooms are spacious and have a mini kitchen.I've seen people complain about moldy odor. It smells like a typical hotel room. Nothing bad. The staff isn't overly friendly like some places but they are fast and accommodating. It is within walking g distance of both I drive restaurant s and Universal. We love this place and will continue to stay here!

Room Tip: We have always been able to use the Blue Man Group discount to book our room for a 20% discount
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike J
Write a ReviewReviews (3,073)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days since my friends and I were visiting Universal Studios. Had a room facing the pool, so every morning the Orlando sunshine came into our room like a blessing. Clean room, responsive staff, and has free shuttle to and from Universal Studios. However, the wifi is so not reliable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Theresia P
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here 291212 only 2 mins walk from Wet and Wild which we visited. Hotel is great for value. In fact we been here for several nights over the past 7 years. It has never let us down. And we will probably be back for Xmas2013 holidays. Staff friendly,clean rooms,pool ok. For 69 bucks its great.

2  Thank NIELD8969
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We've just got back from spending Christmas and New Year in Orlando with our 5 year old son.
My wife and I stayed at this hotel (then the Rodeway inn) the last time we holidayed in Orlando and as soon as we decided to go back there we didn't even look for other hotels.
This hotel is not all singing and all dancing by any means, it is at the lower budget end (which suits us fine as we do not have a higher budget :-D ) but is perfectly good and, in our opinion at least, a nice place to stay.

The rooms are large with 2 (very comfortable!) double beds, bathroom with bath/shower (nice and hot), TV, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker etc. Nice little home from home.
Our room overlooked wet and wild and Univesal which improved the view immensely as the hotel has International drive on one side and Interstate 4 on the other.
It's location on I-drive is great, plenty of shops, restaurants etc all around and within an easy walk (we went to the pirates dinner show one evening which even with a 5 year old is only a 10 minute walk away). If you want to travel a bit further up or down I-drive then there is an I-ride stop right outside and the I-ride is cheap as and very convenient. Wifi is available in the room but can be a bit hit and miss. Mostly we had no problems with it though - speed was a bit too slow for skyping but general browsing wasn't an issue.
There's also a little mini-mart in the hotel itself which has snacks, coffee, batteries etc if you need them in a hurry.
All you can eat breakfast is perfectly good if nothing spectacular, serving staff were friendly and helpful (Joan - Thank you for being so nice, especially to my boy who loved you :-) ) and, even when busy, were pretty attentive.
Getting about is also pretty easy from this hotel which as we don't drive when we are out there is quite important to us. As well as the aforementioned I-ride they run a free shuttle bus to Universal, Seaworld and Wet and Wild (which always makes me laugh as it is literally across the road!). We took the shuttle to Universal twice and had no issues with it at all. You have to book a place the day before and do it early as it fills up pretty quick. On the day we went to seaworld we took the I-ride rather than the shuttle as there is an I-ride stop right outside seaworld and this meant we had more flexibility over return times.
Getting to the Disney parks is also easy although more expensive. There is no free shuttle to Disney as it is miles away but you can get a taxi shuttle from the hotel (TMRC transport) at 9 and 11 every morning and they will bring you back in the evening (return times vary). Now this isn't cheap at $18 per person round trip but we used them several times after they proved to be very friendly, reliable and helpful and offered a quick (ie straight there) and comfortable journey. You can get to Disney much, much cheaper by using the buses but this is a lot slower and involves changing buses and some messing about. In the grand total of what this holiday cost us the amount spent on this service was almost negligible so I definitely recommend them.

So this was the second time we have stayed here and enjoyed it. We will be back in Orlando at some time in the future and I see no reason why we will not return here yet again.

7  Thank TravellerSpud
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing us again. We are glad you enjoyed yourself here in Orlando and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife, teenaged daughter and I arrived on the afternoon of Dec. 22 for a one-night stay. We were given a nice welcome at the front desk, our key cards, a wi-fi access code, and the estimate that the Universal entrance was about a fifteen-minute walk from the hotel. Based on other reviews, I had e-mailed a request for an upper-floor room away from the elevators, facing Universal Studios, all of which the hotel accommodated. The room was clean, and we experienced no noise problems whatsoever.

The walk to the Universal entrance was 25 minutes, but still got us to the park in good time for our schedule. The following morning, after unsuccessful attempts to connect my tablet to the wi-fi network, I headed down to the front desk, where I was told that the wi-fi was only available in the lobby, and that they were working on the problem. The lobby therefore had several people sitting with a variety of mobile devices, and the service was quite slow.

The only other down side was that we prefer to have the option of an included breakfast, but for those who don't like the offerings at the hotel (extensive and varied), there are other places to eat within a two-minute walk advertising breakfasts for under $5.00.

Since the bottom line of any stay, and any review of a stay, is "would I stay there on a subsequent trip to the same area?", I would have to give a qualified "yes" - the wi-fi issue was an irritant, but a minor one, since I needed only a few minutes to check e-mail.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for letting us know how your stay went. We are glad you had an overall positive experience at our hotel and we are glad that you would consider staying with us again. We will be discussing the issues you mentioned in your review with our staff to try to remedy the connectivity issues with our WiFi. Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights as we wanted to be close to universal studios. Never used the shuttle as taxi there was only around 10 dollars. The rooms were typical of this type of hotel, 2 double beds and a bathroom. It's not 4 or 5 star but you get what you pay for. We are going back there in March 2013 so it has to good !!. The pool was warm, clean and always plenty of sunbeds. So if you want value for money rooms, great location for parks and food, then this will be perfect.

Room Tip: We were in the annex which was quiet and close to the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mikedixon7
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Made reservation over the phone , service was ridiculous they have a Japanese Resturant there and u can't e en eat there ! Room had a nail polish Oder in room , also room were cleaned to fast not sure they were cleaned properly that my daughter caught a virus there that is very dangerous and it's a disease that u can die for still getting treatment for her . Would never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel nor ever stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012