“Worth the Price”

Ranked #105 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Stockholm, Sweden
“Worth the Price”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed for 17 Days ! This place has a perfect position for the parks and nice staff. I liked the rooms and the Parking perfect outside the room. I found one bug in the room and that was the
WIFI and its to slow and many times i shut down. so better routers and connection please.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank OlaJ
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We appreciate your feedback. We try to provide the best quality for the best price. Please stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Campinas, SP
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very nice hotel. Clean, easy access, lots of things to do nearby within walking distance. Friendly staff. Chuck even gave me some shopping tips and a flyer to get discount coupons for the Mall at Millenia. A travel agent friend of mine made the reservation for me and i told her to recommend the hotel for first timers and also for seasoned travelers. I think it will please both.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Leonardo R
Chickamauga, Georgia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We (myself and a good friend) traveled to Orlando from 9/22/12 to 9/29/12 on a birthday trip for myself. We checked into the Rosen Inn on Saturday afternoon, 9/22/12 and checked out on Tuesday morning, 9/25/12. This was my second stay at this hotel since it became a Rosen Inn.

We arrived Saturday afternoon around 4:30 PM at the hotel, and attempted out check-in, but at this late time in the day, our room was still not ready (all rooms are supposed to be ready by 3:00 PM). We had to wait around the lobby for 15 to 20 minutes on confirmation that our room was ready, and then we were finally able to check in and move into the room. We were located in room 214 on the second floor of the main buildings, with a few facing the pool and south toward I-Drive.

The room was very clean upon inspection, including the baseboards and especially the bathroom. There were plenty of towels each day and housekeeping kept us in good supply. The beds have a plastic cover around each matress to help prevent bed bugs, but we inspected the beds just the same and found them satisfactory, except for a few hairs between the matress and box spring. The sheets were clean and crisp.

The rooms mini-fridge and microwave got a good workout from me as I always bring food and they worked fine. Carol used the coffee maker each morning and housekeeping was good to clean the pot each day.

We only had a couple of issues with the room itself during the stay. First, we had a toilet that you had to hold down the handle while it flushed to get the paper to go down and it was a slow drainer as well. We also had to "tighten up" the shower head to keep it from spraying all around the bathroom when we adjusted the shower head for massage. Lastly, we had one electrical outlet which would not hold a plug as it was "too loose" for them.

Overall, it was a good stay and we would stay there again in the future if the price was right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kat_Cubs_fan
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just returned to the UK after two weeks at the Rosen Inn, International Drive. Have been to Orlando several times before but chose this hotel as we had my elderly father with us and he wanted to be somewhere where he could spend some days on his own. The hotel has a trolley bus stop outside and lots of shops etc. The weather was unbelievably hot, and we all spent a lot of time darting from one shaded area to another, but the air con in the hotel was great. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the hotel is exceptionally clean and tidy - I sat and watched the pool guy yesterday morning scrubbing all the beds around the pool with discinfectant!

The hotel is not particularly quiet at night - not from inside, but from road noise from the I4, but this didn't bother us. The bedrooms were great, looked as though they had just been upgraded, but I think that this was about a year ago. We had two double beds (dad had his own room), which weren't particularly big and my husband and I had one each - I don't think I would have liked to have had children in the room as it would have felt a bit small. The beds (and lovely bedding) were gorgeous.

I basically cannot fault the hotel - it is in a safe area with lots of family restaurants nearby. I would certainly return in the future.

Room Tip: Every floor has either a wash room, vending or ice machines. Ask to be a few doors away from these...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Janet B
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for providing feedback on your experience.
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is located on a very busy spot on International Drive, it is close to many restaurants, only 3 miles away from an enormous outlet, and close to the exit to the highway I-4 you have to take to go to the Disney parks.
The staff at the front desk were helpful, the room was very big and had air conditioning, a mini-fridge and a microwave oven so you could have breakfast there if you wanted to. Our room faced the parking lot, and despite being only on the second floor, we could hear no noise from the streets.
The room was always clean, the cleaning staff did a very good job.
The parking lot was very big and guests didn´t have to pay to park there. There was a swimming pool also, which we didn´t have a chance to go to, but it seemed to be of a medium size. There was also a small shop at the lobby, with fast food, snacks and sunscreen, and things like that.

Room Tip: My guess is that rooms facing the swimming pool could be more noisy, since there may be kids in ther...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank classicskier
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

After reading several good reviews about Rosen Inn by Universal, I decided to book a room there for my trip last week and it was one of the best decisions I have ever taken.

I arrived on Sunday September 23rd which was the hottest day of the week. After my plane had landed early in the morning, I decided to go to Sea World before checking in the hotel.

After only a couple of hours I had to rush out of the theme park due tot he hot weather. Coming from Toronto there was a big difference in temperature as it was around 10 degrees Celsius in Toronto while it was 42 degrees Celsius with the humidex factor in Orlando.

The check in was very quick (less than 3 minutes). The 2 front desk assistants were very pleasant and helpful so was the lady at the convenient store that they have on site.

The hotel was very clean. The beds and towels were changed on a daily basis. I was grateful to have a room in the tower for such a good price. Last year I had stayed in a upscale hotel and had a room with an outside door to the parking lot. :-s

They have 2 on site restaurants. I had breakfast at one of them - the Palm dining room which costs 7$. During that week, I also tried the breakfast buffet at the Ponderosa facing the hotel which costs 4.99$. I personally found the food at the Palm dining room better tasting than the Ponderosa's.

I am definitely planning to go back soon and stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank torontogal38
middlesbrough
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed at the rosen inn two nights before we went on a cruise and two nights after. The hotel was in a good location opposite wet and wild. The rooms were large and clean with two large double beds. They also had an iron and board and a hairdryer. The staff were friendly enough, especially the old night security guard he was lovely..We had breakfast there one morning for 5.99 dollars. It was ok but nothing to write home about..There was a bar but the drinks were really expensive and the bartenders expected a tip after each time they served you. My only problem was that when we stayed there after our cruise they put us in the building which was not attached to the hotel..the rooms were the same but would of preferred to be in the main hote.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family