“Back again and its upgraded and a great budget hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosen Inn

Rosen Inn
Ranked #105 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Rhondda Cynon Taf, United Kingdom
“Back again and its upgraded and a great budget hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

Now as we have previously reviewed and previously stayed at this hotel when we were a couple and it was the Rodeway Inn and now us with twins at 8 years old and visiting the hotel with its new name a good lick of paint we have returned. The hotel itself has not changed much and the service we received was as good as any hotel we have stayed in. The room we were allocated after I had previously e mailed a request to stay in the main block was as we requested but the fridge was not working so I asked if we could change the room and they did so without any argument and this was done immediately. The entire staff over the whole holiday were as helpfull as can be and the Restaurant staff especially Joan who made a fuss of my twin daughters especially on thir birthday and the Lite Bite manageress made our family holiday all the more enjoyable.

The restaurant was great for breakfasts and on the surface a bit dearer than the $ 3.99 breakfast buffet at the Ponderosa across the road but more it is a more pleasant and peaceful experiance as they may have less choice choice but far more pleasant staff and the food is abetter standard as well. Coffee is allways topped up and the kids eat free with an adult. So we get fed and the twins get a free breakfast what more can we ask for HA HA HA. The pub is great for the evening slow down but as we have kids this time we decided not or bother on this holiday.

The room was clean and tidy and of course there are some cosmetic issues such as a tear here and there but the room is only a place to get your head down and spend very little time there anyway. There is a coffee maker, fridge, microwave, hairdryer and an ironing board so you should be all catered for.

The room is a clean and safe place to lay your head as it is only as ever seem to stay in there for about 10 hours over night. I must say that a few nights we did have a large groups of teenagers staying in the hotel and the floor that we were on did get rowdy up until 3 am with tem going back and fro the rooms and banging of doors but as I was fast asleep and the wife heard the goings on I did not contact the hotl staff of the situation so could not tell if they would have doen anything and by the next night they had left (or we slept through it again !!!!). I have a preferance for a firm bed and the beds are very soft but that is my preferance and the lamps in the lamps are very bright and I mean very bright and could do with a lower wattage but thats a minor thing.

There is a ticket booth in the reception which offers tickets to the various parks but also offers the usual timeshare presentation with a free breakfast and a $ 100 to spend in the parks but you have to stay for the 4 hours of the timeshare presentation so $ 25 dollars a hour is not really worth it when you could be spending it at a theme park. I did not do this presentation and only heard this from another guest but then if you want a time share this is a way to do it.

The I ride Trolly stop is outside the Hotel for the South Bound Traffic and across the road is the stop for the North Bound Traffic so a car is not required for some of the trips. The I ride tickets can also be bought at the ticket booth in reception is required. Do not take the car to Sea World from this Hotel as I would advicse that you get two I ride tickets for both adults for the whole weeks travelling at $ 10 each (Totaling $ 20) and use the I ride and get off at stop 33 as this is outside sea world and then use the I ride for the return. If you used the car it would be $ 15 dollars to park plus petrol costs so over $ 20 to start with. If you do Sea World like us and then get a free second day retuen in the park you can then use the sea world ticket within 7 Days and still be able to use the I ride again within the next 7 days therefore a free day out RESULT !!!!!

As previously mentioned by other reviewers there are various shuttles available to the various parks and as I did not use these I cannot comment.

The pool was hardly used by many of the the guests and was very clean and tidy and the hotel also supplies the towels which is allways a bonus on holidays.

So all in all a great place to stay and its attraction to us it the friendly staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and gardens and its location is great as its on the edge of the nightlife but not to close to have any noise. There is Wet and Wild across the road in about 300 metres and a great variety of Restaurants and play areas within walking diustance so what more could you want.

Many thanks to the Hotel and staff for a great holiday and to anyone wanting a good priced hotel which is a credit to the hotels in Orlando you could not get better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank whiteshodan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
HK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

My little kids, wife and I arrive hotel at 0300, the reception staff say that try to give a room at 0600. However, once changing to next shift, Unpolite staff - Tracy say no room, once have room, she will give the group reservation, not us. At the end, we check in at 1600.

At the very early morning 0300-0800, we stay lot of time in hotel lobby, waiting the room. Until Tracy say - once have room, not giving your family. Moreover, During this period, nothing support, water or food.... very upset. this hotel service falling to 3rd world, just like a refugee camp. No customer service at all.....

At the lift lobby, have bad smell, like toilet pipe broken smell.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ebnwhk
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed here as a young couple and it was our first time to Orlando. The hotel was the PERFECT location on international drive which was in walking distance of plenty of restaurants, arcades and mini golf! A shuttle is provided to Universal, Seaworld and Aquatica which is very handy but make sure to be waiting outside a few minutes before the bus is due as it does not wait! If you miss it dont worry the i-trolley stops right outside, is usually very 20 minutes and only costs 1.25. Breakfast is BRILLIANT with a large buffet and great service especially from Luis. The rooms are clean and have a very large television with lots of channels. We did have a problem with our toilet as it only flushed when it felt like it (which was a bit of a pain!) Receptionists and guest services were friendly but not over-friendly unfortunatley as we would have loved to get a few tips from them about the local area as we had never been there before! (Being a receptionist myself I know how important it is to provide helpful tips to foreign guests and making the guest feel comfortable enough to ask these questions!)
If you are over 25 it is well worth going to one of the discount ticket stalls along i-drive (the best being the one directly across from the hotel) to get much cheaper tickets and you only have to participate in a 90 minute timeshare. As we were not 25 we purchased a flexi tecket online which is the best value for money if you are planning to do all theme parks! Be wary of cheap tickets without timeshares as we were informed that they are used tickets which will NOT guarantee you entry as they do take fingerprints on entry into each park!!
We did pay €36 for a shuttle to and from Disney with the hotel which was disappointing as the driver did not explain to us that we would have to get a ferry from Magic Kingdom to meet him and by the time we figured this out by ourselves we were 20 minutes late and he had left, leaving us to get another taxi home which cost us a further €40- we were NOT HAPPY with this.
By the way DO NOT get into a taxi that does not have a meter unless quoted a reasonable price before you start your journey as they can rip you off very easily.
Citywalk at Universal is great for nightlife but ID is essential- as my boyfriend was not 21 until the day were leaving, we were left with just mini-golf and the cinema in the evening time which was annoying for us! He wasnt even allowed play pool in the bar as he wasnt 21 which I though was unnecessary as he had no plans to drink!
To summarise this long review- I would return to the Rosen Inn for my next trip to Orlando as the location is ideal but I do think a few tips like these can help you enjoy your stay alot more!

Room Tip: try to get a room in the main building and above the first floor. Otherwise rooms are nice and clean...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Irishtipster
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestions. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!
Calgary, AB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

April 21 - 24, 2012

Overall a very good stay and location for the Orlando theme park area. I would stay with my family here. Located in the heart of International Drive, just off I-4 Freeway. Good Access to airport and all area theme parks. I checked in close to midnight, tired and was annoyed that the front desk could not locate my reservation, which was made on line via the hotel website the day before. Took 25 minutes to secure a room. The staff offered a room on a higher floor to compensate. Congenial staff and impeccable cleaning service.

Renovated room was very clean and spacious. bath room with separate sink outside of tub and toilet. The mattress was firm and comfortable. Extra charge for WiFi in room though free in public areas. There was noticeable traffic noise from the freeway, so light sleepers should bring ear plugs. Coin Laundry available on the floor.

The Palms (hotel restaurant) offers a breakfast buffet for $5.90+12% service charge +12% tax (Total $7.00). Good selection, OK food. The Ponderosa Steak House (across the street) and Sizzler on Int'l drive also offer breakfast buffet at a great price. I tried the SIzzler's buffet and would recommend it over the Palms. Check for the unbiquitous coupon booklets for discounts.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank 884MichaelL
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
We are glad you found our hotel to be of great value. We strive to provide quality service at a reasonable price. When travel plans include a return trip to Orlando, we hope you remember us for your lodging needs. We would love to see you again!
Helena, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I went to this hotel with the people in my band class for the Orlando Fest. They have an awesome breakfast buffet and excellent service. Although I did notice how the door knob to my room could be ripped off easily. I also noticed that the bottom support of the bed was not completely under the bed. He bathroom is kind of small, but it didn't really matter sense we only stayed in the hotel to sleep. If your finding a hotel to stay when you will only be sleeping at it, I recommend the Rosen Inn.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Hayden H
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stayed with my daughter in a third floor room for 3 nights in April.
The beds were comfortable and the room clean although fairly small. Good fridge and microwave and great shop downstairs to buy cereal and snacks, Reasonable prices. The bathroom was very small but i am not fond of showers over the bath with shower curtains. I prefer a free standing shower.Having the basin and hairdryer outside of the bathroom was a bit of a nusiance. The towels were clean but a bit small and tired.
The air conditioner was efficient although noisy so we turned it off at night. We unplugged the hairdryer as the red glow was annoying during the night also.
The door tended to slam shut and was rather flimsy with the corridor lighting coming underneath. This made it noisy when people came in at night. The walls were quite thin and we were unfortunate to have several families opposite who acted like they were in their own home calling out and arguing.
There was plenty of access for ice and laundry facilities. The pool area was well maintained and comfortable.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel felt very safe. The location is very central and close to bus services.
Overall it is a budget hotel and you get what you pay for. I would probably stay somewhere more up market next time but i would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for people on a budget

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank maxx1958
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here last October, very comfy beds, clean and tidy. Maid came in everyday with clean, fresh towels and bed sheets were changed every few days. Can't fault the hotels very good service. Brilliant location for Wet n' wild, Universal Studios, Sea world and Aquatica.The i trollley was conveniently located just outside the hotel. The i trolley runs up and down International drive all day till 10pm at night.Its a brilliant means of transport to get about to the parks and shopping outlets. There are lots of places to eat on i drive some of my favourites were Sizzler,Ponderosa and the Great Western. We would definately return to the Rosen Inn again and would reccomend it. We had a very pleasant stay. This was our first visit to Orlando and we loved it.We travelled with Thomas cook it was ok but wished we had more leg room on flight.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family